ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I will try and remember but I may not be talking to them for over a month now! ooooh what a nice thought. I seem to remember telling you I had 150 estrogen and you were saying your clinic wants lower?

yes, in the US they like to see levels below 75 or 80 pg/ml on day 3. Yours was around 150 and you said below 200 is considered good. I am thinking your units might be pmol/L then it would make sense.

so Normal Over 1.0 ng/ml must equal the '10' they are taking about.

I am not sure about that either. Have a look at this (you forwarded it to me earlier) https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/324796-your-amh-level-age-2.html Leilani says multiply ng/ml by 7.14 to get pmol/L

Im excited at the thought of ivf and seeing how many eggs fertilize etc. What if my only problem is the sperm is not cracking the hard shell, and this will be fixed with IVF. It will be hard if IVF shows things to be not so good, like if all embryos fail or something. But at least it would be something for me to understand, I hate this 'unexplained' thing.

If problem is with sperm not able to hatch the hard shell, even IVF can't help, ICSI will be useful. I don't think it is ever "unexplained" (although they like to say that) e.g. in my case it is diminished ovarian reserve and probably poor quality eggs. Hopefully FSH injections are fixing this problem. In some cases, cervix or cervical discharge is not cooperative, then IUI is helpful........

Im really excited about the thought of perhaps having some to freeze and then being able to have another child in my early 40's without worrying about my eggs. If I did 1 IVF cycle and it failed but I had some frozen I would leave them frozen (wouldnt use the frozen even though its way cheaper) and do a whole new IVF cycle and hope to get even more frozen. The cost to unfreeze and transfer is a lot less.

I hope it works out for you the way you want it to :hugs:

And I am not feeling any different this cycle. I was more hopeful 2-3 cycles after MC and 2-3 cycles following HSG. But now I have this feeling that it will work for us some day...and it won't be very easy. DH may have more hope for this cycle, he is anyways more optimistic than me.

sheryl: I like Julianna. Am not very good at choosing names, only one coming to my mind right now is Rose. Do you think Twilight movie made Isabella so popular?

I will try and remember but I may not be talking to them for over a month now! ooooh what a nice thought. I seem to remember telling you I had 150 estrogen and you were saying your clinic wants lower?

yes, in the US they like to see levels below 75 or 80 pg/ml on day 3. Yours was around 150 and you said below 200 is considered good. I am thinking your units might be pmol/L then it would make sense.

so Normal Over 1.0 ng/ml must equal the '10' they are taking about.

I am not sure about that either. Have a look at this (you forwarded it to me earlier) https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/324796-your-amh-level-age-2.html Leilani says multiply ng/ml by 7.14 to get pmol/L

Im excited at the thought of ivf and seeing how many eggs fertilize etc. What if my only problem is the sperm is not cracking the hard shell, and this will be fixed with IVF. It will be hard if IVF shows things to be not so good, like if all embryos fail or something. But at least it would be something for me to understand, I hate this 'unexplained' thing.

If problem is with sperm not able to hatch the hard shell, even IVF can't help, ICSI will be useful. I don't think it is ever "unexplained" (although they like to say that) e.g. in my case it is diminished ovarian reserve and probably poor quality eggs. Hopefully FSH injections are fixing this problem. In some cases, cervix or cervical discharge is not cooperative, then IUI is helpful........

Im really excited about the thought of perhaps having some to freeze and then being able to have another child in my early 40's without worrying about my eggs. If I did 1 IVF cycle and it failed but I had some frozen I would leave them frozen (wouldnt use the frozen even though its way cheaper) and do a whole new IVF cycle and hope to get even more frozen. The cost to unfreeze and transfer is a lot less.

I hope it works out for you the way you want it to :hugs:

And I am not feeling any different this cycle. I was more hopeful 2-3 cycles after MC and 2-3 cycles following HSG. But now I have this feeling that it will work for us some day...and it won't be very easy. DH may have more hope for this cycle, he is anyways more optimistic than me.

ha yes so is mine! I would love to be as clueless as him!

my nurse said ICSI would solve the hardened shell problem as the sperm is injected right into the egg. then theres another technique called assisted hatching to help implantation .

Ive noticed you mention IVF separate to ICSI...like its 2 separate full treatments and you would chose one or the other....but ICSI is just added to IVF in our clinic (ICSI is just the sperm being injected into the egg, the rest of IVF is the same). does that make sense?

I agree, nothing is unexplained, its more 'we dont know much about any of this'!!

Yes Sarah, my bad! ICSI is a type of IVF but in my mind (due to financial difference) I am thinking of them as two different procedures. ICSI is additional $1000.

Yes Sarah, my bad! ICSI is a type of IVF but in my mind (due to financial difference) I am thinking of them as two different procedures. ICSI is additional $1000.

yes its $1200 at my clinic! they suggest doing it to ensure all eggs get the best chance, rather than waiting and see what the egg and sperm do on its own. when you are paying $10,000 already whats another $1200 :haha:

dew it would be exciting if we did IVF at the same time! so the FS you are with now, was that the one that mentioned the longer cycle or not?

It all sounds very confusing to me, but very exciting at the same time - as you said, whenever starting something new there's always a renewed sense of hope and promise. I think you may as well go straight for ICSI cause you're right, what's another $1200 when you're already spending 10 and there's a good chance that your eggs being too hard is the cause. Not worth the risk of the sperm still not making it through, or not many at least.

Going straight from 75 to 300 Gonal F (not sure of units) is a huge jump though! But I guess it has to be for them to retrieve as many eggs as possible. It will be really hard to tell your mom, but I do think she would want to know that you're doing ivf.

Sheryl, what about just Isabel? Or is that just as popular? I also like Julianna. Amelia and Elise (I love Elise but DH vetoed it from my list) I think would go nicely with Kristin too. Would you consider a family name? We're using family names for our children's middle names.

You guys are right, what's $1000-$1200 more when we are already paying $10,000-$13,000, especially because it will increase the chances too. I can see ourselves going for ICSI if doing IVF. Sarah, it will be really great to do IVF cycle along with you :) No, I didn't discuss IVF with current FS.

About the cake, looks like tomorrow's birthday party might get postponed as my friend got sick. Good thing is that animal figures I made can stay good for more than a month in a sealed container stored at a cool place anywhere in the house. I feel sorry for twins though.

Sarah: Are you not told to take baby aspirin during IVF?

Luckily, I didn't have any side-effects from 150 IU follistim except for 1 or 2 unexpected potty trip in the PM. Unlike you I like to exercise more and get laborious work done in first half of cycle.

sheryl: I like Julianna. Am not very good at choosing names, only one coming to my mind right now is Rose. Do you think Twilight movie made Isabella so popular?

I think Grey's Anatomy and Twilight helped. Isabella is the number one most popular girl name right now. DH says it doesn't matter b/c middle names are supposed to be more common but with my family wanting to call her Bella and that being such a common name I think we may regret it later.

Sheryl, what about just Isabel? Or is that just as popular? I also like Julianna. Amelia and Elise (I love Elise but DH vetoed it from my list) I think would go nicely with Kristin too. Would you consider a family name? We're using family names for our children's middle names.

I don't know about Isabel being as popular but the nicknames are the same so it wouldn't work. I think I like Julianne better than Julianna. Kristin Elise is really pretty. I am pretty sure one of our good friends has Elise as her daughter's middle name so they may think we stole it. Sheryl is actually my mom's first name (she goes by her middle name Hope) and I hate it. Perhaps Julianne though it will break my mother's heart that she's not Bella anymore. A friend that was there when I asked for suggestions was saying she will call her Jules if we Julianna/Julianne is her middle name which I don't mind.

Sarah, sorry about the beta result :(

Dew, sorry about the party being postponed :hugs:

Sheryl, I really like Juliana (or however you were spelling it) :) it was on my list of names I liked, along with Annabel, Olivia, Gabrielle, Marie and a couple others! Any of those names help you???

I think we've settled on Elizabeth Rose. I liked Elizabeth when we were searching for names for Charlotte but hubby thought it was too old fashioned... But this time he suggested it??? :shrug: much to my amazement and excitement cos it was always a favourite of mine! Rose is my Nans name.. So that was an easy one for us! If we have a boy.. Our favourite so far is Thomas Robert, but we're not settled on that yet!

Sheryl, it would be sad to break your mom's heart, but Kirstin is your daughter and you are under no obligation to name her something simply to keep her happy. I like Jules :)

Mummy, Elizabeth Rose is a gorgeous name :) Glad hubby came around to the name this time and actually suggested it! It gives me hope for all the names I've always had on my list that DH vetoed - maybe he'll suggest one of them for the next baby lol.

For us, we could only decide on one boy's name, so if it's a boy it had better suit him! Lol. We have three names on our top picks girls list just in case though. And our firstborn will have either my mom's name (Rebekah) or my dad's name (Trevor) as the middle name so that was an easy decision. Trevor isn't such a good name to find a first name to go with though... but oh well. (And his middle name is Lane which I'm not a fan of lol). DH originally said we'd use his parents' names first but thankfully I won that one when I pointed out that his parents have two grandsons and their first grandchild was already named after his dad, so shouldn't my parents get the honour with our first.

Lol.. Thanks and I hope he does the same as my hubby! An suggest names he previously didnt like!

Lottie's middle name is Marion. It was my gran on my mums side who had passed 4 years prior to Lottie's due date! Our girls name options from hubby's side of the family are: Silvana, Magherita, Santa or Mavis! So for girls we're using my side as we much prefer Marion and Rose!

Sarah: Are you not told to take baby aspirin during IVF?

Luckily, I didn't have any side-effects from 150 IU follistim except for 1 or 2 unexpected potty trip in the PM. Unlike you I like to exercise more and get laborious work done in first half of cycle.

I would like to exercise in the first half, but the terrible dizziness I had during the injectables was so alarming to me, so best not too!

the nurse only mentioned the prescription that my FS had written, Im sure there will be other things added, like progesterone (I hear of people injecting it and it being painful, uurggh!) and perhaps they will suggest baby aspirin too.

I took a test this morning, just so I dont have any 'what if my beta was too early' thoughts over the weekend, and its a bfn...in fact my husband said 'yep, that stark white'!!! so now I know I can enjoy my birthday weekend and not be thinking of all this nonsense. Im excited to have a month off, I plan on working out a lot and getting my mind and body ready for the IVF.

mummy I love those names!! not long till we find out which name you will use :cloud9:

Sarah, i am so sorry about your bfn, but it is your birthday tomorrow :happydance: and im glad that you will be able to enjoy it without any worries about the what ifs and prepare yourself in time for the IVF.. im so excited for you..

what plans do you have for tomorrow ??x xxxxx

NDH -- I have to laugh because you are spelling her name different every time you type it. After talking to DH about it I think I will keep Kristin Isabella. I haven't talked to anyone who didn't just love that combination and I can't remember Julianne or any of the variations when I think about it.

Sarah, I'll say set yourself free from TTC worries and enjoy your time out with hubby tomorrow. Wish you a very beautiful birthday! :hug:

Sarah, i am so sorry about your bfn, but it is your birthday tomorrow :happydance: and im glad that you will be able to enjoy it without any worries about the what ifs and prepare yourself in time for the IVF.. im so excited for you..

what plans do you have for tomorrow ??x xxxxx

we are either going down to niagara or over the border to buffalo to relax for a couple of nights, shop, eat etc. It will be really nice. today is the last day I am 38 :cry: but Im hoping that 39 will be a great year for me (perhaps get pregnant and give birth, if Im really lucky!!!)

how are things with you, getting any sleep? big kisses to gemma xxxx

dew I forgot to mention to you I was looking in one of my Canadian pregnancy books last night at the IVF section, and it says that for my age group the chance of IVF working is 17.5% :cry::cry::cry: isnt that awful!! but I keep thinking to myself the stats are probably better for unexplained, and I do think IVF is going to give me the best chance. Right now Im randomly popping out 1-4 eggs per month, with IVF they will hopefully a bunch to choose from and then transfer the best ones, so the chances are so much greater. But I have to prepare myself for it not working either. I think I will budget 3 goes, 1 in Nov and then 2 in the new year.

dew I forgot to mention to you I was looking in one of my Canadian pregnancy books last night at the IVF section, and it says that for my age group the chance of IVF working is 17.5% :cry::cry::cry: isnt that awful!! but I keep thinking to myself the stats are probably better for unexplained, and I do think IVF is going to give me the best chance. Right now Im randomly popping out 1-4 eggs per month, with IVF they will hopefully a bunch to choose from and then transfer the best ones, so the chances are so much greater. But I have to prepare myself for it not working either. I think I will budget 3 goes, 1 in Nov and then 2 in the new year.

Sarah, I keep telling myself and DH that IVF is not a magic wand to make me pregnant. It may not work in one go or for that matter 2-3 attempts either. I have seen women with several failed IVFs, we can always convince ourselves that we are not one of them but a year back I thought women going for IUI and IVF are not my kind. In fact, with low ovarian reserve, I run the risk of IVF cancellation when enough follicles/eggs are not produced. D2 had warned me about it and had also mentioned that even though IVF has 40% chance but if ovarian reserve is low as in my case, success rate drops down by half (about 20%). So, I think more than chronological age, ovarian age is a critical factor. Let's wait to see your AMH levels. Your antral follicles count is good. I would like to know your estrogen unit of measurement too. But today I would ask you to just relax and not think about this 'nonsense' :) and focus on having good time on your birthday.

Sarah, I keep telling myself and DH that IVF is not a magic wand to make me pregnant. It may not work in one go or for that matter 2-3 attempts either. I have seen women with several failed IVFs, we can always convince ourselves that we are not one of them but a year back I thought women going for IUI and IVF are not my kind. In fact, with low ovarian reserve, I run the risk of IVF cancellation when enough follicles/eggs are not produced. D2 had warned me about it and had also mentioned that even though IVF has 40% chance but if ovarian reserve is low as in my case, success rate drops down by half (about 20%). So, I think more than chronological age, ovarian age is a critical factor. Let's wait to see your AMH levels. Your antral follicles count is good. I would like to know your estrogen unit of measurement too. But today I would ask you to just relax and not think about this 'nonsense' :) and focus on having good time on your birthday.

yes that was my last post about this nonsense!!! I had just forgot to mention it. my clinic said 40% too, so I was shocked to read what they said in the book. And you are right, chronological age, ovarian age is a critical factor :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->