ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

As long as my doctor recommends it I will probably try to do it in January. We are still planning for Medicaid to pay for the birth since we are covered through January so we aren't signing up for insurance through DH's new job until January to save some money. It would be $100 a month just for DH who rarely gets sick and doesn't go to the doctor when he is sick anyway.

I know its late in the year but can i join in pleaseeeee :flower:

xx

We decided not to use any contraception - if we're pregnant again in 3 months so be it (it would be a change from two years of trying anyway! Lol). If not pregnant after a year then we'll start trying again. In my head my perfect age difference is 18 months, but I learned my lesson in trying to control when it happens.

NDH -- your plan makes a lot more sense for you after taking so long for this one. The first month that I intentionally tried to get pregnant I was so I have really got to take this seriously. I want Kristin to be potty trained before I am pregnant again.

Hi everyone:)
i am 19 and so is my boyfriend we have been ttc for about a year now. Right now i am at a stand still because i have not had my period (had spotting and a white *odorless* discharge) the entire month so i take a pt and the results come back negative! Okayy still no period so idk if i should hold out longer or go see a doctor.... I mean is this normal?

we don't intend to worry about contraception after this lil one is born either. We will probably avoid my fertile time for a bit at least, but at the same time we won't be upset if we do have #2 fairly soon after either. We only want two in total though, so will discuss things when we're facing #2 I guess....!

lmao, I'm having SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun at work today (yes, I'm still working. lol), when people call up or book in their next appointment, and I say something like "I should be back by then" (december) they ask "oh, are you going away?" and I can say "hmm, well yeah, I'm due to have a baby next week...." LMAO! omg it's soooooooooooo awesome to say that!!! It shocks people no-end to say it like that! bahahahaha. At work there's a half door (like the bottom half of a stable door) that I'm behind 99% of the time when I'm chatting to them, so they don't see my bump, and so a lot of them have no idea I'm even pregnant, let alone due NEXT WEEK! hehehehehe. Very funny seeing their faces! I think my boss got a bit of a fright when I said it like that too. heh.

But at the same time... next week!!???? eep!

:( I have to be on contraception of some sort since it could be physically detrimental to get pregnant again....I haven't had birth control since I was like 21 years old. Sigh. I wish I could get pregnant right away again, I miss it already. Hope this does't take away from my joy of baby Kian. I dont want to waste it all away sad over this. The newborn baby time already flies by so quick!

Dew and Sarah- how are you 2 feeling? Are you each feeling peaceful and well? Hope not too sick or being affected by the drugs too much.....hope to hear from you soon!

love the new avatar NY! He's gorgeous!

Flying - that's so cool that you can say that!

Today I saw some brown spotting on TP. IUI was on 23rd so today can either be 10 or 11 dpo, not sure. I am pretty sure AF is on her way. I plan to call clinic tomorrow and ask them if I need to stop progesterone to initiate full flow AF. I didn't expect any more from this IUI cycle than previous unmedicated ones and it is never pleasant to reach this stage of cycle :(

Hope you all are doing well. Love to new babies, Gemma and Kian! Sarah, hope you had a great brithday.

Talked to SIL today. It is suspected that she has PCOS. She's supposed to take a blood test 8 days after O to confirm. She's doing O test strips and expects to get a positive tomorrow. I don't know much about PCOS so I will have to read up on it more.

hi everyone

just a quick update....I had a nice birthday in buffalo and then yesterday came back to canada and we checked into an amazing massive suite overlooking the falls, had a bath and a nap then got a phonecall from my inlaws.....my 2 younger dogs had attacked my older dog and they were at the vets. she had 4 quite bad bite marks.
we were so upset we eneded up leaving the hotel and driving back to my inlaws to pick her up and take her home. i cried so hard when I saw her as she was all dozy form drugs and her tongue was hanging out :cry: we took her to my vet today and he said she would be fine. the other 2 dogs are still at my inlaws, Im really upset at them. it was over food and my vet said its quite common for younger dogs to attack older dogs so we are going to keep them separate as much as possible. my older dog is such a gentle girl, we dont know how old she is and I worry about her all the time so this was just devestating. she is acting more normal today so I feel better but I didnt sleep much.

anyway I havent read any posts, hope everyone is doing well. preethi I got your birthday email thank you so much, you are so sweet to do that when you are so busy and tired with gemma :kiss:

afm I dont have my period yet but I think thats because I just stopped the progesterone on saturday night....Ive read it starts a couple of days after? not sure if thats true but I have heard of it extending the LP and today is 16DPO which is when I got my period last month so it will probably come tonight. I did a test yesterday just incase (bfn) as I was thinking what if my beta was too early I didnt want to stop the progesterone and something happen. I dont really care when it comes as Im taking this month off anyway!

Today I saw some brown spotting on TP. IUI was on 23rd so today can either be 10 or 11 dpo, not sure. I am pretty sure AF is on her way. I plan to call clinic tomorrow and ask them if I need to stop progesterone to initiate full flow AF. I didn't expect any more from this IUI cycle than previous unmedicated ones and it is never pleasant to reach this stage of cycle :(

Hope you all are doing well. Love to new babies, Gemma and Kian! Sarah, hope you had a great brithday.

just looked to see if you updated....I have been reading often you dont start your period until after you stop the progesterone but can have spotting. how long is your LP usually? of course I hope its IB.

let me know what the clinic said, so weird if we end up with AF at the same time this month.

Nice to hear from you Sarah but really very sorry about the mishap with your dog...those silly little dogs, why did they have to hurt her so badly :( Hope she feels better soon!

AFM, this is not usual spotting, it is already turning reddish as at the beginning of period. I am calling the clinic first thing in the morning. Let's see how I do tonight. I hope I don't cramp or get anything scary as I am alone at home. It will be so weird if AF starts tonight on CD22, I usually get AF on CD26 or 27. Sarah, LP is 14-15 days normally.

Sheryl, sorry your SIL is diagnosed with PCOS. I don't know much about it except that day 3 estrogen levels are elevated in PCOS. I have seen many women with PCOS getting BFP after treatment. Hope they figure out best treatment for your SIL. Give her all your support so she doesn't get discouraged and disappointed.

Sorry you are spotting Dew. hope the clinic can give you some helpful info.
Sarah - sorry to hear about your dogs - hope the older one recovers quickly :hugs:

sheryl - my sil tried for 5 years to fall pg naturally and nothing. Then she was diagnosed with pcos, put on meds, and i think 2 months later she fell pg. Had her baby, and now, 2 years later, went back on the meds, and 1 month later she fell pg again. So really hope that if they do make that definite diagnosis for your sil she has the same positive reaction to meds that my sil did.

Sarah, glad you had a nice time in buffalo, but so sorry about your dog, that must be so upsetting.. i love dogs and cant bear to think of anything like that happening with my mums dog, i can imagine how upset you must be... :hugs:

the room overlooking the falls sounds fab !

so sorry about your bfn, do you think it might be a late bfp? i had many bfn's before my bfp, but i was testing way too early.. xx anyway if you are taking this month off then its a good time to sit back and relax for a bit and get away from it all.. whilst preparing for ivf, its best you take all the rest you can and dont stress yourself out.. xxxx

FX'D .. when are you planning to have the ivf? sorry if ive not read that bit to understand when youre having it.

Huggles I am hoping for the same thing for my SIL. They have had a long, difficult 5 years and I know they said they were open to adopting twins and having a third of their own so she may end up with 3 at the end.

Sarah, glad you had a nice time in buffalo, but so sorry about your dog, that must be so upsetting.. i love dogs and cant bear to think of anything like that happening with my mums dog, i can imagine how upset you must be... :hugs:

the room overlooking the falls sounds fab !

so sorry about your bfn, do you think it might be a late bfp? i had many bfn's before my bfp, but i was testing way too early.. xx anyway if you are taking this month off then its a good time to sit back and relax for a bit and get away from it all.. whilst preparing for ivf, its best you take all the rest you can and dont stress yourself out.. xxxx

FX'D .. when are you planning to have the ivf? sorry if ive not read that bit to understand when youre having it.

hopefully next month if I can scrape together $12,000! I think I can do it, trouble is our spa business is up and down and sometimes I have to move over money to cover payroll or supplies. Im hoping october will be a good month and then I can start....I just have to phone them CD1 in November. Im quite excited about it as it will give me the best chance and I have the chance of freezing some for future use if I do well.

I dont think im pregnant.....a negative beta at 11dpo and a negative frer at 15dpo confirms it for me. Ive read that progesterone can delay a period and smy last pills were Saturday night. Im 17dpo today so its my longest LP ever (usually 13/14 but last month was 15, if I get my period today it would be 16), but good thing is I dont care as Im taking this month off so not waiting for CD1 to call the clinic.

dew I cant believe your period has come before mine :growlmad: well too bad this wasnt your month, hope this next cycle is better...will they up your meds? :hugs:

Just called clinic and they want me to continue with progesterone until I get full flow or until my beta on Friday. This spotting is different because it's there every time I wipe, however previously, I used to get colored CM only once per day on the wipe (which could easily be missed if I was not noticing). It is either dirty brown or sometimes reddish CM (not bright red yet). I will put a pad and drag my a** out of house today. Weather is going to be good so hopefully I can have good time driving around.

I also have to prepare that Jungle cake for tomorrow. I plan to bake today in the evening, put my pineapple and pudding filling between the layers so it soaks overnight. I will crumb coat with buttercream frosting so it doesn't dry, then do the decorations tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing well. Thanks Huggles :hug:

the $600 emergency vet bill is coming out of my IVF fund! I will be having a few words with my younger dogs tonight....they will find their life this week is not quite as cozy :nope: it breaks my heart how lovely my older dog is and she had to go through this. I dont know how much dogs remember and I know they say you can olny scold them during the act, but I think they know something is up as they have been very quiet @ my inlaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->