ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Huggles: once again a beautiful picture of your bump progression, you and your bump looks lovely :hugs:

I feel so upset, LL in the over 35 folder just had her ultrasound after IVF and there is no heartbeat :cry: I was so happy for her, I feel so sad. Im starting to get really down about this TTC thing and even if I get a bfp after IVF I will be terrified something will happen. Dew I know it will be even more scary for you having experienced it before.

Sarah: I was thinking she will not have to go through MC due to genetic testing of embryo, now I feel very sad for her. I hope she can recover from this loss, it's BIG, very unfortunate.

Huggles; you're looking great!!!

Oh Dew & Sarah... I wish sooooooooo much that you guys will get a sticky BFP ASAP. I really really really do.... I just wish there was something I could do, that all the baby dust actually DID something! I don't care though, I'm gonna keep sending that baby dust over to you both still! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I saw the midwife this afternoon, and baby is now 2/5ths engaged (was 1/5th before) and my blood pressure and babys heartbeat are all good, but there's nothing more to check really at this stage (I'm not interested in an internal check and she hasn't offered thank goodness!) we just need to wait!!! Oh, and I got to see her at the new clinic 2 doors along from work; it's great! lol. It's not finished yet, in fact they're not really open yet with still more work to do, but there's enough to do a wee check for me; I was their very first ever client in there! heh. :) If I haven't popped by tuesday then I have another appointment with her, but will go in to the hospital then to go onto the monitor just to start checking on bub and making sure all is well in there. There's no *worry* to go overdue, and my midwife isn't interested in talking inductions and everything until a good 10-14 days over, but she likes to start checking on baby from about 5 days over onwards to just *make sure* there's good fluid and the blood flow from the placenta is good and all that sorta stuff. It'll start on tuesday with the monitor being strapped to me to check for contractions and also the babys heartbeat, and then we'll book in for a scan to check the fluids and blood flow, and then it'll be a case of just monitoring everything so that we can be safe for bub. :) Of course, if I go into labour before then then it won't be needed!!!! But if we start to plan for those things then we won't suddenly get to 2 weeks overdue and have problems!!!

It's saturday tomorrow, and hubby works until 6pm so I have *all day* with nothing to do. Thankfully mum is down so I'll go around and spend the afternoon with her so I don't go *mad* at home waiting alone! LOL!

Tonight hubby wants to go for a bumpy drive (uh-oh!) and get some orange juice to try get things going! haha. I'm feeling good right now, so will probably go along with it. We're both feeling pretty excited and happy about how *now* it all is, so probably will hardly sleep, and a night time drive just for the heck of it will be fun. :)

Oh, and I just realised now that on the 16th of Oct, it will have been exactly one year since I joined this forum...! Almost exactly a year later and I'm due to have my baby.... wow.

I'm so sad to hear about LL :(. I hate those reminders that even a bfp isn't enough sometimes :(

Amy, how exciting to be the first patient in the new clinic! Here's hoping you have a baby by the time your next one roll around though you never know...

Glad you had a good app flying and it's so lovely hearing you sound so positive and excited about everything!

I am also very upset by the new of LL. I don't know her but that is heartbreaking. To have to pay so much money and have the happiness of a bfp she never thought she would get, only to lose it. That's just too much. I hope yo both get bfp that lasts so you don't have to go through this. How far was she?

Juggles it's amazing how different we carry babies from one week to another. In the middle, one of your bumps suddenly looked smaller! Looking great!

Happy Due Date Flying!! :yipee: :yipee:

Fab bump progression Huggles!! :thumbup:

Nikki... hope you're feeling a little brighter! :hugs: hope Kian settles into a good feeding routine soon for you!

Dew... those cakes are gorgeous!

I've had a niggly 24 hours.... this happened with Lottie at 37 weeks and we still went to 42 weeks so not expecting anything to progress. Mike stayed home today as I got very little sleep last night and would really have struggled with Lottie today. It's been a pleasant day so far and feels nice that we've now got a long weekend together!

Have a good Friday everyone!! xxx

huggles your bump looks amazing! :cloud9:

ny I think she was 6 weeks along. Dew the clinic said perhaps the embryo had some abnormalities they dont test for. This all just blows my mind :cry:

I had a good talk with hubby last night (i was crying) as I just want to make sure he is ok with spending $12,000 and it perhaps not working. It all started as he is going out for his best friends 30th bday party this weekend and wants to stay downtown and the hotel he was looking at was close to $200 and then he would have to pay for cabs, drinks etc so it could end up being quite pricey for one night. I said to him I didnt even spend that much on my birthday, and then he brought up some stuff about money and how come I can find the money for IVF but he cant go out for a night for his best friend. So that made me upset as that is for us, the bday is just him going out (even thought Im invited I dont want to go, they are all young and big drinkers). Everything was fine at the end, it was a good talk with us both venting our feelings. We are both scared....him mainly about me having to take all that medication and me for the egg retrieval part....I hate anything 'up there' and that sounds just awful! but most people say they cant remember anything so Im going to ask for extra sedation!

I think after all you have already spent it's fair for him to have a fabulous night out with the guys. It's not as if he is doing it every weekend or very often at all. I'm sure this is taking an emotional tole on him too and will help him relieve some stress.

I think after all you have already spent it's fair for him to have a fabulous night out with the guys. It's not as if he is doing it every weekend or very often at all. I'm sure this is taking an emotional tole on him too and will help him relieve some stress.

yes I agree, it was never that I was wanting him to not go, just perhaps pick a slightly cheaper hotel. but what the hell you are right, we have spent so much already I should let him go for it. just in the back of my mind Im thinking thats $500 towards my ivf fund!!

I hate money being so tight. It seems like we will be stretching our budget for the next several months until DH gets his first raise. He did get his first paycheck today though so I'm very happy about that.

it is very difficult when hubby spends money on himself and you're left thinking "but i could have used that for xyz". It happens to us too. But at the same time it is also important (i think) for them go out occasionally etc. As long as they're not constantly splurging money unnecessarily.
Hopefully he finds a cheaper hotel though - $200 for one night does sound rather a lot!

Glad you had a really good chat about it all though - i think that's also very important :hugs:

Sarah: I agree with Sheryl, let him go and just hope he understands and remembers that you kinda made this sacrifice for his happiness.

Since weekend starts tomorrow, clinic asked me to come today (CD7) for scan/E2/LH tests. Since they don't want to do anything with me on the weekend (sat and sun), they have asked me to take ovidrel shot Saturday night (CD8) and go for IUI on Monday (CD10). I am so pissed at them right now, I think they are messing with my cycle for their convenience. I started Follistim one day late on CD4. So compared to last time, I will be taking only 4 doses of Follistim vs 7 last time. I had 13/11, 12/12, 14/11, 9/9 follicles (don't remember numbers properly) and 6.2 C lining. It really doesn't make sense to me. I would have liked them to do US tomorrow on CD8 and then LH surge test on CD9. If required ganirelix acetate on CD9 night along with follistim, ovidrel trigger shot on CD10 and IUI on CD12 OR trigger shot on CD9 night and IUI on CD11. I hope they change their plan after blood results become available for today.

Sarah is there a way you could drive yo get DH after the night of drinking to save the hotel money? That is extensive if it's more than you guys even spent at your bday! So is he ok with spending money on ivf if it doesn't work? A girl in my other thread just did her first retrieval and sh hates stuff like that too. She said was easier that IuI.....so I think maybe it won't be too bad for you? Hope not!

Dew sorry the cycle days didn't fall correctly. Is cd10 early or late?

Sarah: I agree with Sheryl, let him go and just hope he understands and remembers that you kinda made this sacrifice for his happiness.

Since weekend starts tomorrow, clinic asked me to come today (CD7) for scan/E2/LH tests. Since they don't want to do anything with me on the weekend (sat and sun), they have asked me to take ovidrel shot Saturday night (CD8) and go for IUI on Monday (CD10). I am so pissed at them right now, I think they are messing with my cycle for their convenience. I started Follistim one day late on CD4. So compared to last time, I will be taking only 4 doses of Follistim vs 7 last time. I had 13/11, 12/12, 14/11, 9/9 follicles (don't remember numbers properly) and 6.2 C lining. It really doesn't make sense to me. I would have liked them to do US tomorrow on CD8 and then LH surge test on CD9. If required ganirelix acetate on CD9 night along with follistim, ovidrel trigger shot on CD10 and IUI on CD12 OR trigger shot on CD9 night and IUI on CD11. I hope they change their plan after blood results become available for today.

wow that seems all so early, so you are going for a scan today CD7..did you have one CD7 last time you can compare? the timing thing is so stressful with IUI. I hope things work out :hugs:

with IVF I will be taking 300 of gonal f in the morning and then an injection every night to stop ovulation....thats a lot of injections!

Mummy, glad hubby stayed home w u. What kind of niggles were u having are they gone now?

Dew - that really sucks that they're not monitoring you properly just so it's convenient for them and they don't have to work on weekends. I also wouldn't be happy! You're paying a lot of money for it all - they should jolly well do their part properly :grr:

Yeah, I agree with you Dew. After all the out of pocket expenses this cycle for them to schedule you at their convenience is absolute crap. That could throw off your entire chance and then it's just a waste entirely. :( :hugs:

Sarah... I completely get it... we don't spend more than £50 normally on our own birthdays... so if my hubby wanted to spend that amount etc on a night out when we were actively trying to save for something as big as IVF.. I'd have reacted exactly as you did. Yes... I know that men need some 'time out' too etc and I understand the logic behind it... but I still would have had that same initial reaction you did hun! :thumbup:

Dew... i really really hope that it doesn't have too big an impact on your cycle! :hugs:

Nikki.... my niggles = tightenings and mild pain. Nothing regular and had it on and off all day today too and still getting them :dohh: I may have this for another 3 weeks yet! Which I'm not looking forward to but of course it'll be worth it! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->