ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I should have known, last oct/nov were slow as well. I have thought about anything I could sell, Ive never had a garage sale before perhaps I should think about it!! the only family members who could lend us money are my inlaws, but I really dont want to tell them about the IVF and I dont want to lie either. But they can be a last resort. I still think I can find the money for my IVf, its just if I need extra money in November I could get stuck.
are you going to join my doing ivf in november do you think?? I know you are not sure if you will respond, but if you dont respond you could switch back to an IUI cycle right? and if you do respond they are able to chose the best embryos to put back in. What if our problem is that our eggs are too hard to penetrate, this will be solved with IVF with ICSI.

Garage sale is also a good way to get rid of clutter in the house.

Whether we'll do IVF in November depends on how much insurance money is remaining out of $8000 assigned for infertility treatment. If it's a lot then we would want to use it for IVF before the end of this calender year otherwise go ahead and do another IUI. We plan to schedule a meeting with current FS before the start of next cycle so we can compare our discussion in Mayo with current clinic.

all my credit is maxed with business expenses and wouldnt get approved for anything else. being self employed is a whole long application and I have too much debt showing right now anyway. the annoying thing is I will have the money in december / january, but I have my heart set on next month.

How about DH? is he in the same position credit wise?

Huggles- yep, thats my baby Kian on the chair! i will be fair and make the avatar one with both kian and ella soon, just love the chair pic.

sarah- i love gap! my girlfriend gave me a huuuuge bin of baby clothes wjhich are pretty much all gap. theyre sizes 6-12 months so im excited to use them. i buy gap here n there but its so expensive for how fast they grow so i dont buy too much.

Here she is at her first halloween :)

omg those pics are soooo cute! I cant wait to do all that kind of stuff. in fact I cant wait to buy clothes....I love tiny clothes, was in gap on my bday weekend and was ooing and ahhing at their kids section

I want to reply to this one before I reply to boring follistim Q :)

Me and DH always thought that once we have our baby we'll start sending out Christmas/New year greeting cards to our friends but unfortunately that's not happening for us :cry:

And just like you Sarah, I can't wait to do SO many cute things with and for my baby. I love kids and all my friends' kids love me and DH so much that it hurts sometime to not have our own :nope:

Huggles- yep, thats my baby Kian on the chair! i will be fair and make the avatar one with both kian and ella soon, just love the chair pic.

Oh really! I thought it's some pic you picked from internet. Looks like portrait shot, very professional and cute :thumbup:

Sarah, scan was done earlier this morning. Nurse called sometime back to say that E2 is 386 and LH is 2.79 today so the entire plan is shifted forward by 1 day.

Here is my IUI #2 plan
11/10 CD4 1st scan; E2 38; Follistim 150 IU
12/10 CD5 Follistim 150 IU
13/10 CD6 Follistim 150 IU
14/10 CD7 (today) 2nd scan; E2 386; LH 2.79; Follistim 125 IU
15/10 CD8 Follistim 125 IU ( Nurse has to call me back to tell if I can take Ganirelix Acetate on CD8 night to avoid natural LH surge on CD9)
16/10 CD9 Ovidrel
18/10 CD11 IUI

Last time I had US on CD8 and CD10; LH was high on CD10 so took GA @ 4 and then ovidrel @ 9pm and IUI on CD12; I felt I had ovulated on CD11. This time I am showing better or similar response on CD 7 (with just first 3 dose of follistim) when compared with CD8 of last cycle (with first 5 doses of follistim). For the same reason I feel I may show natural LH surge on CD9 similar to CD10 LH surge in last cycle.

I know it is very confusing for you to understand because it is so darn complicated.

no Im following you! yes it would be good to be able to take the Ganirelix Acetate to make the timing flow nicely. ooooh tuesday is not too long and you will be in the 2ww...crazy! Im not tracking my ovulation this month but it should be sometime next week. so how much follistim have you taken this month and do you have some unopened?

My first 2 150 + 150 injections came from last cycle's cartridge. I used 150 IU yesterday out my new 600 IU cartridge, I am using 125 tonight and 125 tomorrow so a total of 400 out of 600, I am sure 300 will still remain in it. Last cycle my total FSH intake was 950 and this time it will be 700. I do not have any unopened.

Nurse called back just now and said if it makes me feel better then I can take GA tomorrow night along with follistim. I will most probably take it.

Hope you ovulate on time this cycle and get to BD on right days.

Whether we'll do IVF in November depends on how much insurance money is remaining out of $8000 assigned for infertility treatment. If it's a lot then we would want to use it for IVF before the end of this calender year otherwise go ahead and do another IUI. We plan to schedule a meeting with current FS before the start of next cycle so we can compare our discussion in Mayo with current clinic.

How about DH? is he in the same position credit wise?

when will you know about the insurance $$? how much do you think your clinic charges for the office part of IUI? hopefully you have quite a bit left, and its nice if it resets in January, he has a good plan.

and yes both of us are maxed out right now, by january most of it will be paid off though :thumbup:

My first 2 150 + 150 injections came from last cycle's cartridge. I used 150 IU yesterday out my new 600 IU cartridge, I am using 125 tonight and 125 tomorrow so a total of 400 out of 600, I am sure 300 will still remain in it. Last cycle my total FSH intake was 950 and this time it will be 700. I do not have any unopened.

Nurse called back just now and said if it makes me feel better then I can take GA tomorrow night along with follistim. I will most probably take it.

Hope you ovulate on time this cycle and get to BD on right days.

ahh tht good. the nurse told me the gonal f lasts 30 days once opened, the trouble is my cycles can be 31 days or I ovulate later so was never sure if I would be able to use it again. did they mention that to you?

we are just BDing every other night for the next week. my mum arrives on thursday so will have to be a morning session that day, and then will have to sneek off to the basement saturday morning :haha: it has been nice not tracking anyway, cant believe Im on CD10 already!

i was just working out my possible price for meds next month:

Im on Gonal F 300ml per day, so say I take it for 10 days thats 3000ml, so I would purchase 3 x 900ml and 1x 300ml. So that will cost $3330. Im not sure if thats a good guesstimate...dew have you read how long most people are on it for? 10 days from day 3 = day 13 so that might be too long for some. Then theres all the other smaller meds.

well, this morning in bed, either the baby was pressing weirdly and made me pee myself a little, or my waters have broken and leaked a little... There's been nothing since then though so I'm wondering if I did just pee myself a bit... ugh! It's been about an hour now with nothing more happening. *sigh* Naughty baby!!! It had me all excited there for a bit!!! I might go lay down for a wee bit again soon though, just in case it's a slow leak and now that I'm upright the babys head is blocking it... lol! I'm doubtful though now, but oh well. It WAS exciting to think my waters had broken though! :p

I did have a few more period-pain type cramping moments last night in bed too, but they're not contractions I don't think, just a general discomfort of my body preparing itself?

So nothing more really. Just keep waiting.............

here's a bump pic from last night, just cos I got to 40 weeks and I have no idea if I'll get another bump pic before I pop! Pretty sure I was having a BH contraction at the time cos it was pretty hard all over!
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3367-1.jpg

Sarah, it all depends on how well or slow you are responding to meds. I am guessing you will be constantly monitored during stimulation so depending on your response, they may reduce or increase your gonal f dosage. I have realized it is never a good idea to buy meds in big sizes because we never know. My initial order was for 2 boxes of 600 IU, I am glad I picked only one because there is no way you can return them. In future I think I will be purchasing 300 IU cartridges only. Also, if you buy 2 300 IU cartridge you get a total of about 200 IU extra but if you buy 600 IU you only get about 120 IU extra. Check out this thread...
https://forums.fertilitycommunity.c...ui/2020190313-follistim-overfill-savings.html

I do not think 3-4 days extra will make any difference on quality of gonal f as long as they are always stored in refrigerator. At room temp, unopened they stay good for about 3 months.

Beautiful bump flying! I feel you will deliver within 48 hours. Good luck!:happydance:

Ahhh... Sarah and Dew... You'll have those babies of yours to buy gorgeous clothes for soon!! Don't give up hope :hugs:

Sending you both all the :dust: I can to help those :bfp: results cone quickly!!!

Nikki, that pic is so cute :cloud9:

Flying that's super exciting and one very impressive bump you have there!!! Thinking of you

when will you know about the insurance $$? how much do you think your clinic charges for the office part of IUI? hopefully you have quite a bit left, and its nice if it resets in January, he has a good plan.

and yes both of us are maxed out right now, by january most of it will be paid off though :thumbup:

Sarah, I think we'll have answer to these questions after a week or so when we plan to call insurance company and ask how much of $8000 has been used. By that time they would have billed us for all the expenses related to first IUI.

DH may try to get a better insurance plan with better infertility coverage for next year.

A question for pregnant ladies:
Why does only some women's belly button pops out during pregnancy? What does it signify?

Sarah, it all depends on how well or slow you are responding to meds. I am guessing you will be constantly monitored during stimulation so depending on your response, they may reduce or increase your gonal f dosage. I have realized it is never a good idea to buy meds in big sizes because we never know. My initial order was for 2 boxes of 600 IU, I am glad I picked only one because there is no way you can return them. In future I think I will be purchasing 300 IU cartridges only. Also, if you buy 2 300 IU cartridge you get a total of about 200 IU extra but if you buy 600 IU you only get about 120 IU extra. Check out this thread...
https://forums.fertilitycommunity.c...ui/2020190313-follistim-overfill-savings.html

I do not think 3-4 days extra will make any difference on quality of gonal f as long as they are always stored in refrigerator. At room temp, unopened they stay good for about 3 months.

hmmmmm good idea....the 900 gonal f is no cheaper than 3 x 300 gonal f so I will do the same! you would think they would give a deal on the bigger ones as theres less packaging compared to 3, but that would be too smart and helpful for those TTCing :dohh: :haha:

Why does only some women's belly button pops out during pregnancy? What does it signify?
it doesn't signify anything. It's a bit like stretch marks; some will get 'em, some won't. Some will get them early, some won't get them until the day before they pop! Same with belly buttons; some pop, some don't. Some pop early, others not till the last minute. One pregnancy can vary from another too; the same women may have hers stay in for one, but pop out for her next! Usually ones that are already fairly shallow will be inclined to pop out, and skinnier people tend to have theirs pop out more than those of us with more padding! lol!!! My belly button is *definitely* very very shallow now, but it's not shallow enough to pop out! But I'm really rather overweight and have a lot of padding around it too, so even when the baby is making my tummy tight and hard, there's still a layer of squish on the surface if you know what I mean...?

it doesn't signify anything. It's a bit like stretch marks; some will get 'em, some won't. Some will get them early, some won't get them until the day before they pop! Same with belly buttons; some pop, some don't. Some pop early, others not till the last minute. One pregnancy can vary from another too; the same women may have hers stay in for one, but pop out for her next! Usually ones that are already fairly shallow will be inclined to pop out, and skinnier people tend to have theirs pop out more than those of us with more padding! lol!!! My belly button is *definitely* very very shallow now, but it's not shallow enough to pop out! But I'm really rather overweight and have a lot of padding around it too, so even when the baby is making my tummy tight and hard, there's still a layer of squish on the surface if you know what I mean...?

Thanks for explaining. I like yours, it looks more beautiful that way :)

Lovely, flying!

Dew, my button didn't pop with Ella and I was skinnier than with this one, but it popped with kian! So who knows? I thi k he was carried out more so pressing outward and made my belly pop maybe. I wAs so scared when it popped out! As it was going I kept pressing it in, hoping it wouldn't come out. Lol.

I am feeling sick:(. Please pray for me that I don't get sick.....I can't get kian sick he is too young.

My belly button is very shallow right now.

Flying I think it's a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->