ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

still nothing happening, but heck; the discomfort level has gone up a notch and I feel crappy! I've had cramps on and off all day (period-pain type cramps) and a heavy 'ugh' feeling down low like when I have my period too. Nothing at all regular or anything, just enough to be niggles and make me feel really really crappy! But funnily, while I physically feel like crap, I'm emotionally feeling a million times better than the other day! I think because now there *are* niggles to feel I'm feeling like there *is* an end in sight. But I think if it carries on like this for more than a day or two I'll be getting emotionally drained again and sick of the waiting. Lets hope all these niggles are leading to something SOON! :)

Thinking of you flying, hope baby comes soon !! and that you dont have to endure any more uneasiness xxx

ndh, hope you dont have to borrow any more money, i can imagine how tough it must be for you financially at the moment especially with worries about work and the baby coming along..x:hugs: whereabouts in oz are you ?

We're on the midnorth coast of NSW. And good news - DH was phoned with work for tomorrow.

woohoo NDH, I'm so happy he got a call for more work tomorrow! I hope it keeps up.... :hugs:

Nothing new from me. No cramps overnight like I had the other night, just the general discomfort where no position is comfortable for very long. 4 days and counting.... I'm seeing the midwife this afternoon after work tho, so lets hope the monitor detects that things ARE happening in there and I'm just not feeling it....!

FXd Amy. I was hoping (and I'm sure you were too) that once the niggles started it would progress quickly.

Amy, hope the niggles mean something for you soon, come on baby !! you are well over due by four days already !!!! xxx

NDH, yay for dh getting called to work, you must be relieved. lets hope it continues. xx
NDH, we are planning to come to australia in the first week of february for three weeks, for holiday, but basically this holiday is for me to get used to the place and find out whether i can adjust or whether i like oz or not, because we plan to move there next year if all goes well.. im thinking sydney as ive got one aunt there, but ive never lived in the suburbs or have never lived in a house with garden etc, all my life ive only known dubai city and apartments ! dh wants a house and i was wondering if it is possible to rent a house in the suburbs for two weeks or so instead of a hotel to help me get a feel of the place.. furnished would be better.. is this possible at all ?

we will mostly be going to melbourne for a week as well x but thinking of moving to sydney if all goes well !

Yep you can definitely rent furnished houses for a couple of weeks. Not sure about whole houses, but units for sure anyway. It'll be considered holiday letting. I'm not very familiar wih Sydney and all it's suburbs but there are some really nice areas (and some not so nice ones of course). The closer you get to city centre of course the more expensive things get, but between trains, ferries and buses the transport is pretty good.

Hey girls remember when we mentioned Guillianna Rancic was pregnant with an ivf baby a while back? Did she miscarry? Now she's got breast cancer, but no mention of her pregnancy......

Hey girls remember when we mentioned Guillianna Rancic was pregnant with an ivf baby a while back? Did she miscarry? Now she's got breast cancer, but no mention of her pregnancy......

she did get pregnant and miscarry a while ago, when preethi mentioned she was pregnant recently it was quite a bit after her first pregnancy so I googled it and couldnt find anything so perhaps she had heard old news from the tv show or something. and i was shocked to read yesterday she has breast cancer....quite a few comments on websites are saying it must have been the IVF drugs and that Elizabeth Edwards also had IVF then died of breast cancer.....NOT want I want to hear! I suppose the increased estrogen could perhaps bring on breast cancer for those who might have already carried the gene but I dont think everyone is at risk. I thought it was weird her doctor insisted on a mamogram when she is only 36...so perhaps theres a family history? or do they do that after failed IVFs I dont know.

flying hope bubs is really to come meet you today!! :hugs:

Sarah, giuliana did get preg twice and lost it twice, ive been watching the shows, i think im quite sure, but maybe im mistaken too.. oh Ny, thats such awful news, i feel so bad for her, i used to always watch her shows every once in a while on tv, hoping she gets a sticky bean with her IVF, but i cannot imagine she has breast cancer now !!!

Sarah, i can imagine what you must be thinking reading about that !!! please do ask your FS about the same xxxx oh gosh,i hope there isnt an increased risk due to estrogen levels.. ! so worrying..

She could have found a lump if she was doing self exams and that's what prompted the mammogram?

Maybe blood work showed something to worry? Yea, not sure why he prompted for a mammogram but I would ask about it just to know the risk.....Glad she found it early, and they said they have their embryos on ice in colorado and one day will tell the baby that they saved mommy's life because if it werent for the infertility stuff she woldn't have found the cancer. Hope she can begin trying for baby soon again.

ohhhh, that's so sad! I hope though that she can beat it well and still get a sticky BFP too!!!

5 days over now, and still nothing. Saw the midwife yesterday and got strapped to the CTG monitor for a while, but all looks well in there so we're happy to wait basically. If I don't go by monday then we'll be going in to see the post-date clinic and talk to them about further monitoring and stuff. I'm going to avoid inducing or anything as long as baby is happy in there, so it may come down to needing almost constant monitoring, but ah well. It'll come when it's ready I'm sure!!! I just hope it's ready soon... lmao!

I'm sure you learned in your classes that the placenta loses effectiveness (over time) after 40 weeks? I think that's why you aren't supposed to go past 42.

sherylb, it's actually that there is more CHANCE the placenta will start loose effectiveness from 40 weeks, not that it *does*. There are, statistically, more placentas loosing effectiveness and breaking down after 40 weeks than before, and more after 41 weeks, and even more after 42 weeks etc etc. But it doesn't mean that mine will be loosing any effectiveness now, or that it won't last very well until 42 weeks or even more! But it is why they want to start the monitoring to make sure. And it is why the further beyond 40 weeks I go, the more frequent the monitoring gets. To the point it'll be a daily check to make sure everything is still ok if that's what it takes!
And as long as my placenta IS still doing it's thing as it's supposed to, and that as long as baby is happy and safe, then I will NOT be consenting to inducing or breaking my waters or anything. Of *course* if my placenta is loosing it's effectiveness/the baby is in distress/there are any problems then I will do anything to get it out ASAP where it can be safe again! Even with all my prep work and sooooooooo looking forward to a natural birth; I'll go with a c-section if it is for the safety of my baby.

There is nothing I won't do to make sure my baby is safe, and that includes not consenting to being induced when there is absolutely no need for it. :)

But in saying that, I'm still keen for this baby to get moving! LOL! Hurry up lil one! hahaha. Physically I am getting sore at times and feeling a bit crap, but mentally I am still feeling pretty good. Yes I want it to hurry up and come, but it's an excited waiting more than a really irritable waiting if you know what I mean. I'm grateful I have a job I can simply keep going to until I stop though, cos I really would be going mad at home! It seems every weekend I'm feeling like total and utter crap mentally, but over the week at work I start feeling better and better being able to keep busy, and by friday I'm positively glowing again! LOL. I really don't know how people, who are used to working full time, can stop work for weeks ahead of the birth! I'd be bonkers by now!!! haha.

In time though, these last days will seem like nothing compared to a lifetime with my son/daughter, so I can cope. :)

Just had my 35 week scan...
Oh my freaking gosh! I was expecting baby to weigh appr. 2.6 or 2.7kg. He's 2.94kg!!!!! He's measuring at 36w3d (i'm technically 34+6 today).
And dr moved the stitch removal up a week, meaning it's now coming out on 3 Nov, at 37 weeks exactly - that's in just 2 weeks' time!!!!!

Feeling really rather hysterical right now. I'm totally uber excited, but both dh and i are a bit in shock as well - neither of us was expecting him to weigh that much and neither of us was expecting things to happen in just 2 weeks!

Dr reckons I might still walk around for another week once the stitch is out, but we'll see. He did say though, which was good to know, that given his size and gestation, that even if i were to go into labour now i would be allowed to deliver naturally (they normally do c-sections for pre-term) and baby would very probably be fine.

Also, baby is starting to engage. He has dropped a bit. But still has more to go. He is currently 1/5 engaged, so has another 4/5ths to go.
And i'm really pleased cos last time the cord was around his neck, and now it's not anymore :happydance:

Bp is still good at 110/65, urine was still good as well.

Dr seemed very very happy and excited with everything.
baby seems to be gaining 250g per week - between 28-32 weeks he gained 1kg, between 32-35 weeks he gained 800g. At this rate (and it doesn't seem to be slowing down), he'll be 3.4kg when the stitch comes out at 37 weeks. I'm acutally hoping he comes soon after that cos otherwise my poor foof will be in for a shock!

I only finish work on 1 Nov. Then 2 nov would be my normal wednesday off, and 3 nov was supposed to be my first day of mat leave. I was looking forward to a week at home, pottering around and getting stuff ready. And now the stitch is coming out that day!!!!!
Semi-contemplating adding an extra 2 days of annual leave and stopping next friday instead of the following tues - will see how i go though.

eek, can't believe I'm 2 weeks away from term and from the stitch coming out!!!!! :wohoo:

Wow Huggles! Thats great that he is growing so nicely and Im happy no cord around the neck anymore. I would add on a few days to your leave for sure! So we will have flying's baby and then Huggle's right after! This is super exciting.........

and mummycat sometime soon - probably between me and flying!
Babies popping out everywhere!

Oh gese thats right that she is before yoU! We will seriously have one a week probably. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->