ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sheryl I'm glad she's in there for the time being. When they r early every day counts! Thankfully, girls lungs mature sooner than boys so she should be good.

Oh and flying I'm glad for your baby to be happy and safe but come on! Out, little one. We wanna see what you are!

Do girls' lungs really mature faster than boys'? I'd not heard that before, how interesting.

Girl babies generally mature slightly faster than boy babies.
And especially when it comes to premies (talking very prem, not just a week or two), the girls tend to do much better than the boys.

So at 36 weeks it may not make much difference but it was mentionedd when I was having kian at 36.5 weeks so who knows.

Flying are you dilated at all? Not sure if you already said.

Good luck sheryl, waiting to hear some good news, and its true about the girls lung thing.. x

Ny, im not breastfeeding, i did express, but now my milk has drastically reduced plus she is supposed to be on special premature formula for a whole year to catch up with weight, so breastfeeding is pretty much out.. anyway she wasnt latching on properly so, yeah..

flying, officially one week ! come on baby, your mums waiting to meet you !!!

wow sheryl that must have been scary last night, glad she is not quite ready to come out yet.

mummy sorry Ive been blabbing to dew about who got through so hope I didnt ruin anything. let us know when you watch the one where they choose the top 16.

dew let us know how your apt is today! are you leaning towards going for it next month? I would love an ivf buddy!

afm my mum arrived last night and its her bday today so lots to do. its soooooooo nice not to be thinking about TTCing this month, we managed some BDing but not that much so not expecting anything and excited for CD1 to start my new journey :flower:

wow sheryl that must have been scary last night, glad she is not quite ready to come out yet.

mummy sorry Ive been blabbing to dew about who got through so hope I didnt ruin anything. let us know when you watch the one where they choose the top 16.

dew let us know how your apt is today! are you leaning towards going for it next month? I would love an ivf buddy!

afm my mum arrived last night and its her bday today so lots to do. its soooooooo nice not to be thinking about TTCing this month, we managed some BDing but not that much so not expecting anything and excited for CD1 to start my new journey :flower:

Happy Birthday to your mom, Sarah! :flower:

We are leaning towards IVF in next cycle but really really hoping that they don't make us waste a month for some preliminary testing, also my last FSH reading was 13 so don't know if they will have a problem with that. According to the video, I should be on BCP for 5 days starting CD3 and then on Lupron for 10 days. Still have to ask about antibiotics which Mayo had mentioned. After Lupron treatment, there will be an ultrasound to make sure we are starting on a clean slate. If everything looks good, I will start FSH stimulation for 8-12 days. I will be monitored at regular intervals for follicle growth and then 36 hours post HCG (LH) shot, eggs will be retrieved. They will be put together with fresh sperms and allowed to fertilize overnight in an incubator. If fertilized, 3-5 days later embryos will be transferred to uterus (will be discussing with FS what day transfer is best in my case, Mayo had suggested cleavage stage). Beyond which we basically wait [-( and pray for it to work [-o<
Don't know yet if they will suggest PGD (pre-genetic diagnosis) for me. Also, if shell is hard and difficult to fertilize, they may use Assisted Hatching (not ICSI). As per my understanding Assisted Hatching is less interventional and cheaper. Also, ICSI is only performed if there is an issue with sperm.

Dew, how did the video make you feel? nervous, excited?? :hugs:

It made me nervous as it is the last resort in achieving pregnancy. Our world may turn upside down and I can't imagine how life will be afterwards for the two of us.

ooooh... and X Factor chat... (in a spoiler for those not interested in reading about it! :haha:

Last night we got the second set of auditions at the judges houses and today we'll see who goes through! I must say I am amazed by Rachel! She gave such an amazing audition, so grown up and clever for such a young girl! I also quite like that BIG group of kids... I wouldn't mind them going through.. I think they worked well together considering they were just thrown together!

Oh and that last girl who sang for Simon... I think she sang River Jordan? She was awesome... I laughed at Simon's reaction! Hopefully she gets put through because she certainly deserves it!

Also... I sat on my birthing ball watching and got distracted by the stunning views that Nicole had from her property! You guys certainly have a gorgeous country!!!

Next time will wait for you to see the show before we discuss. I agree about the stunning view from Nicole's property and the extravaganza of judges' houses. Lucky girls who got to flew to Paris :)

Happy Birthday to your mom, Sarah! :flower:

We are leaning towards IVF in next cycle but really really hoping that they don't make us waste a month for some preliminary testing, also my last FSH reading was 13 so don't know if they will have a problem with that. According to the video, I should be on BCP for 5 days starting CD3 and then on Lupron for 10 days. Still have to ask about antibiotics which Mayo had mentioned. After Lupron treatment, there will be an ultrasound to make sure we are starting on a clean slate. If everything looks good, I will start FSH stimulation for 8-12 days. I will be monitored at regular intervals for follicle growth and then 36 hours post HCG (LH) shot, eggs will be retrieved. They will be put together with fresh sperms and allowed to fertilize overnight in an incubator. If fertilized, 3-5 days later embryos will be transferred to uterus (will be discussing with FS what day transfer is best in my case, Mayo had suggested cleavage stage). Beyond which we basically wait [-( and pray for it to work [-o<
Don't know yet if they will suggest PGD (pre-genetic diagnosis) for me. Also, if shell is hard and difficult to fertilize, they may use Assisted Hatching (not ICSI). As per my understanding Assisted Hatching is less interventional and cheaper. Also, ICSI is only performed if there is an issue with sperm.

sounds about right! you should ask the benefits of doing the BCP and the Lupron, I have read for older clients they usually do the short protocol without any BCP or anything. my FS was adamant I didnt need a break this month (healthwise I didnt need a break but she did suggest not bothering with another IUI and saving the $ for IVF) and I would just start Gonal F on CD3. So good to know exactly why they suggest that for you.

I think assisted hatching is to aid implantation if the shell is hard...but the ICSI is way before then so not comparable at all in the way that you would do one or another....my clinics thoughts are not to wait and see if the eggs and the sperm fertilize on their own and perhaps lose valuable eggs but to do ICSI straight away in older clients. I did ask can you wait and see how they are doing and then do ICSI and she said yes but it can be too late. So if you are worried that you might not have too many eggs I would think you would want the max chance to make sure they fertilize and just do the ICSI. but of course we are not experts so have to trust in them!

the whole process will be really exciting for me, but obviously stressful too. Ive been taking the coQ10 ...might be too late to help novembers cycle but might help if we do another.

Im taking my mum out for lunch for her bday and I might tell her everything then....as its good news that we will be doing IVF so I think she would be happy to hear about that on her bday (I was thinking before not to say anything on her bday incase she was worried). I will be so glad to be able to talk about it finally!

also forgot to mention...I was also told they do egg retrieval 36 hours after the ovidrel.....they must be so confident in the timing....I wonder if anyone ovulates before the 36 hours. unless you are taking the ovulation supressing drug, but I would have thought that couteracts the ovidrel :shrug:

I guess I need to read more.
When are you expecting AF? My beta is on nov 2 so will be meeting FS either on 2nd or 3rd, won't get to ask all these medical Qs until then. In about an hour we meet with the program and financial advisor for IVF.

Have fun at lunch with mom. Hoping she'll take it well and be positive for you. Take care. :hugs:

When are you expecting AF? My beta is on nov 2 so will be meeting FS either on 2nd or 3rd, won't get to ask all these medical Qs until then. In about an hour we meet with the program and financial advisor for IVF.

Have fun at lunch with mom. Hoping she'll take it well and be positive for you. Take care. :hugs:

as I dont know when I ovulated Im not sure exactly, but Nov 3 is CD30 so around there.

and thank you, Im nervous how to bring it up but will be fine once we get talking.

Happy Birthday to your Mum!!! :cake:

Dew, how did the video make you feel? nervous, excited?? :hugs:

It made me nervous as it is the last resort in achieving pregnancy. Our world may turn upside down and I can't imagine how life will be afterwards for the two of us.

:hugs: it must be really tough hun! Hopefully you'll find that it's the right step for you both! and I really hope that this works for you and Sarah! :dust: and fingers crossed and many many prayers for you both!

ooooh... and X Factor chat... (in a spoiler for those not interested in reading about it! :haha:

Last night we got the second set of auditions at the judges houses and today we'll see who goes through! I must say I am amazed by Rachel! She gave such an amazing audition, so grown up and clever for such a young girl! I also quite like that BIG group of kids... I wouldn't mind them going through.. I think they worked well together considering they were just thrown together!

Oh and that last girl who sang for Simon... I think she sang River Jordan? She was awesome... I laughed at Simon's reaction! Hopefully she gets put through because she certainly deserves it!

Also... I sat on my birthing ball watching and got distracted by the stunning views that Nicole had from her property! You guys certainly have a gorgeous country!!!

Next time will wait for you to see the show before we discuss. I agree about the stunning view from Nicole's property and the extravaganza of judges' houses. Lucky girls who got to flew to Paris :)

Oh you two are so sweet... don't worry about it...or put it in a spoiler if you do... cos them I can just not read it :) so I don't know who got kicked out :haha: but can read back and see what you said! :thumbup: I'm only a day or two behind you. They split our feed into last night and tonight... so tonight I find out who they put through to live shows.

as I dont know when I ovulated Im not sure exactly, but Nov 3 is CD30 so around there.

and thank you, Im nervous how to bring it up but will be fine once we get talking.

Oh honey.... let us know how it goes... I'm sure she'll be a little sad for you.... finding out you've had a struggle and pleased for you that you're about to start on a road that'll hopefully get you that BFP!!! BUT... I think it's something special to talk about and I think it'll be lovely to be able to share your thoughts and concerns with your Mum.. who'll no doubt be happy to comfort you! :flower:

Amy... any signs of that baby yet???? I still think 9 days overdue for you... so what's that... tomorrow for you and two days time for me? xx

LOL we didnt even get to dinner and I blurted it all out!!! we were talking about my best friend who was pregnant with her 2nd and she asked me 'what have you decided' so I said 'oh thats a long conversation for dinner' and she looked worried and said 'are you adopting' so then it all came out!!! she is quite excited about the ivf and seems fine with it all...it feels so great to have been able to tell her! she seemed upset when I said my sister knew, but I said its because I wanted to surprise her with a bfp. I told her about all you lovely ladies on here! I think she is pleased as she was probably thinking we didnt want kids as Ive avoided the subject with her for so long!

Awwwwwwwwwww :cloud9:

Bless her for thinking you might be adopting! But must be a huge weight off your shoulders! :hugs: She must be so pleased to know you're trying! :dance:

Sarah: great you could share your big "issue" with mom. It must feel nice, now I just hope you get pregnant very soon so your mother doesn't have to go worrying about you much longer.

So, we met with the guy in our clinic. He could give all the info we needed. They have a shared risk warranty program for $24000 which includes 3 fresh cycles of IVF resulting in live birth. Money is paid at the beginning when signing the contract. They refund $18,500 if none of the cycles work. $24K does not include pre-screening and medications. And if we get pregnant after 1 cycle or 2nd cycle, they get to keep remaining money.

Their regular IVF fee is $7500 plus extra costs for ICSI, assisted hatching, Freezing/storage, medications and monitoring/blood work.

One would thing they will do their BEST job in getting us pregnant in first IVF cycle of warranty program.

Now, I also understand what assisted hatching is....if egg shell is hard, blastocyst can't come out of it for implantation. In AH, they use laser beam to make a hole in shell so embryo comes out easily.

They also have mailer program for Bravelle where you get 75 IU for $42. They usually use Bravelle along with Menopur for stimulation.

It is all very stressful. Just too sad we can't get pregnant naturally.

Awwwww Dew :hugs: It's so much to go through!!! :cry: I hope it has a very happy ending for you!!!

XFactor chat:

So... I think that Paula got the group selections right, not completely sure about the Brewer Boys and maybe one of the trio's of guys might fair better... but I think she has some good groups there!
Nicole.. what was she thinking putting Dexter through? (Sorry... not a fan!) he's a little bit hyper and I think a few of them were much better singers! Though I'm chuffed to bits that Leroy got through!
Simon... I thought he did brilliantly... apart from I wanted Melanie in instead of Simone.. but then the end she got in anyway... so I'm happy... he definitely has the strongest group!
LA... think he has a good variety in the guys he's put through... they're all very different!! So he stands a good chance of a couple of them going quite far in the competition!

PS... Did you see how blondie (the rugby player) was SOOOOO not expecting to be sent home? she was truly shocked!! She does sing really well so i suppose I can understand why she might be shocked!

I'm off to bed now as it's way passed my bed time! :rofl:

Sarah I'm so glad you told your mom and that she is so happy! What a relief. With her spouting out about adoption right away, I guess she my have known something wS up then?

Dew, at $7500? Per ivf, how is $24,000 a better deal? Sounds like a gamble because if you buy one only and that works it would b a lot chePer than paying $24,000 for it to work the first try..... Can you continue to use the other two fora second child in a year or two? That might be a dumb question but I dont know!

I'm exhausted. Lea has been o ff school so we have been busy at pumpkin patches and indoor watermarks withbfriends....and that stuff is 1,000 times morework w a newborn! Specially since I breast feed. So tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->