ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

NY -- how long did it take for you to get Kian's social security number? We have to turn in heath insurance forms for next year by November 18th and I'm not sure if we should try to wait or go ahead and turn them in only to make changes soon after. I guess it wouldn't hurt to hold off since he said I'm definitely not going to make it to my due date (17th) and right now I'm just aiming for November period.

Lovely bump pic mummy !!!

Ndh, thanks for the advice, dh has an australian passport and Gemma will get one too, my plan was to apply for the partner visa from here, next week or so, and then first go in feb on a tourist visa and come back, they said 6 months, i know this may not be true, but my train of thought as per what the application says is that i will first be granted a temporary partner visa to stay there for two years and if they see that our relationship is on going etc, my temp visa will be on the process of becoming permanent and that i would still be in australia whilst this happened, they would then grant me a permanent partner visa.,.

so i was going to come back in february after the visit anyway, and then go in september or so when the visa was ready.. ?

correct me if im wrong..thats where the bridging visa comes in ? my temporary 2 year visa gets extended until the permanent one is processed whilst im in the country. ?

just leaving to go shopping over the border to buffalo, NY with mum! will catch up later, mummy gorgeous bump...it looks so cute and compact!

Dew I got my AMH results....9.18 and my FS was pleased with the result and comfortable with it and no change in protocol for IVF. I have no idea what measurement thats in and the only charts I could find on the internet are these...

Interpretation AMH Blood Level
High (often PCOS) Over 3.0 ng/ml
Normal Over 1.0 ng/ml
Low Normal Range 0.7 - 0.9 ng/ml
Low 0.3 - 0.6 ng/ml
Very Low Less than 0.3 ng/ml

0-2.2 = Very low
2.2-15.7 = Low
15-28 = Satisfactory
28-48 = Optimum

so if I go by the second one Im in the low catagory...I will have to ask them their measurement. Being 39 perhaps its normal to be in the low category but its nothing worrying along with my good fsh?? I will ask them when I go in for my day 3 :thumbup:

Sounds good. I guess we will tell them we are waiting on it if we go ahead and put her on the forms. They aren't effective until January anyway.

No baby for me today please! We are headed out of town to watch my brother's marching band contest an hour away from home.

The temporary visa is the one ash is currently on that took 6 months to get - took them 5 months just to open his bloody file even though we called every month an they kept saying "it's on so and so's desk and will be looked at next week", so it really only took one month to process really - it just depends how many applications they have before they get to yours. But same deal - he's on a spousal visa which starts out as temporary residency and after 2 years will become permanent if we're still together. 13 months to go. And the bridging visa is for waiting for the temporary aspect of the visa to kick in, as on a temporary visa you can do anything you can do on a permanent one except get subsidised education. As long as you're planning to go back for the visa to be issued though you'll have no problem - it really is a quicker process if you apply outside the country (so many people come and decide they want to stay and apply from here so it takes ages longer). And already having Gemma will help the process too, once they get to your file. It's easier to prove that your relationship isn't fake when you have a baby lol. I hope my earlier post didn't alarm you or anything, just wanted you to be aware that their timeline isn't always as accurate as they tell you.

Oh, and should they be slow in processing the permanent aspect (as I mentioned, I have a friend still waiting after 4 years), yes there's also no limit on how long you can stay on that one. Again, it just means you don't qualify fo subsidised schooling.

gorgeous bump mummy!!! I might have to take another one of mine, it hasn't really changed but I'm not gonna get a chance for it if I go into labour...!!! lol!

Good luck for the visa stuff Preethi! I have no idea about all that stuff cos I've never travelled beyond australia (I actually have an aussie citizenship [and NZ citizenship!] so could easily move over there if I so chose to without needing to do the visa stuff!) so don't really follow any of the visa stuff at all, but I hope it all works out, and maybe one day we will be able to meet if you're only just 'over the ditch'! hehehehe.

But obviously still nothing is happening over here anyway. Still waiting!!! My mum had 2 weeks of leave to be down here for us, but that's finished now and she has to go home today! oops! lol. She lives only an hour away so can come down for the birth still, but it'll mean she'll still have to go back home to work again.

Preethi, they let you get to about 10 days over here before giving you your options (I'm 10 days tomorrow, and I have an appointment with the post-date clinic tomorrow morning where they will do just that!) but they won't try to pressure you in to action if you don't want it! Many women DO go straight for being induced now, but there is always the option of waiting (with close monitoring of both me and baby) if we want to. And as far as I'm concerned, my impatience is sooooooooooooo not a good enough reason to rush nature! As long as me and baby are doing so well, then we will wait until the baby is actually READY! If I was in a lot of pain and discomfort or something, or there was any worries about the baby, then yeah for sure I'd be considering risking being induced, but so far the baby is perfect, and I'm feeling good enough to still be working full time and stuff, so we're doing well really! And so, I'm happy to wait it out for longer yet. They will start monitoring me more and more closely the further along I get, just to make sure that everything IS ok, but as long as it is, then they have no right to try and get me induced if I don't want it. :)

9 days over and still no niggles anyway. It's now gonna be a scorpio regardless too! LOL! :haha: tomorrow is labour day and we're seeing the post-date clinic tomorrow morning too, so we'll see if that kick starts anything or not. :)

flying - my one friend was born quite overdue (can't remember how much). Her mom's mom had also come down to be there for the birth etc. After about 3 induction attempts failed, the granny told her daughter it was a phantom pg and she was irritable, so she flew back home (only 2 hr flight). As soon as the plane landed, my friend was born. She says she was just waiting for her granny to leave! :haha:
will be interesting if something similar happens when your mom leaves!

I was going to say that too Huggles, about the baby just waiting until her mom left to make it's appearance lol. I also know lots of people who had similar experiences. Fortunately your mom doesn't have to travel too far though Amy :)

hahaha, see and my mum had the same idea too; she reckoned she'd only get half way before she got a txt saying something was happening... but she's been home for a good 7 hours now and I've had nothing. So much for that idea!!! lol.

Thanks flying and NDH, for the advice, i hope they dont take too long to process and that it comes through in 6 months atleast,

Flying, how funny about babies knowing when to come out, given your mums gone away.. xx lets hope baby is ready soon, are you sure there is no risk of meconium ? maybe theyre just so clinical here and dont let you go more than 3 -4 days over due . .. well, hope bubs arrives when you want him/ her to.. im thinking its a him.. xxxx

DH is so sweet, he surprised me for my birthday today, didnt really wish me well or anything and then goes to work and texts me, "oh left your present in the kitcen cupboard, dont open it"

he knows that i will run to open it and thats why he texted so lol.. i go to the kitchen cupboards only to find a Tiffany & co. box with diamond earrings in them and a card :cloud9: im so over the moon, never thought my dh could be so romantic.. im over the moon x
The plan is to just dine out tonight with Gemma ofcourse lol, found one fancy thai place where they allow babies.. lol

xxx

have a good day everyone.. xx

Happy Birthday Preethi! :cake: that's a really sweet thing hubby did! :hugs:

Hope you have a really lovely day with Gemma and a super yummy dinner tonight!

Flying... I really hope that you go naturally and soon! So you don't have to deal with induction! :hugs:

Happy Birthday Preethi! :flower: :cake: That's a lovely surprise from DH, enjoy your dinner tonight. I am guessing it's Gemma's first ever visit to a restaurant and that too to celebrate mommy's birthday, how sweet :kiss: hopefully she'll be a good girl.

Happy birthday preethi!!!! :cake: :drunk:
awww your first birthday as a mummy :cloud9:
will you have a pint of bitter today??!!
how cute is your hubby, I wish mine would think outside the box a little but birthdays were never big in his house so I dont get anything creative. however I do get a lovely card and he pours his heart out on it so thats nice.

shopping was fun yesterday, I purchased one top (being good not spending!!) and mum got some xmas presents at hollister for my neices (much cheaper in the US than in the UK) and we had lunch at cheesecake factory.

so thankfully the spa was good this week....now have 2 more weeks that I need it to be ok!! [-o<[-o<[-o<

Mummy: your baby bump is gorgeous. :thumbup: You are right Caitlin Koch seemed very sure of her selection, it came as a real shock to her. Poor girl, I am thinking they might call her back with wild card or at least to perform on the finale episode.

Flying: I know everyone else believes it's a boy for you but I have always felt it's a girl. Now that the baby is overdue, I am feeling more confident of my guess. :thumbup:

Sarah: I expected your AMH to be good. You have always had lots of antral follicles. Keeping FXed IVF gives you your baby :hugs:

NDH: did you get to order the fabric? I am excited to see your baby bag.

Huggles: Thanks for explaining ""plus 30 days" to me, it makes sense. :thumbup:

Sheryl: Hope you are doing well.

Take care everyone :hugs:

Thanks Dew! Yeah I see what you mean about a wildcard! One thing is for sure though, if Simon thinks she's remotely talented, he'll ensure she has a chance at a contract or something! If he can see a way to make money, he won't pass it by :)

Sarah... Sounds like you had a fab day!!! :dance: cheesecake factory for lunch???! YUM!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->