ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Oh yay for being able to talk to your mum Sarah!! It must be nice now to have it out! :D

And good luck to both you and Dew for the coming month of potential IVF together!!!

AFM, still nothing. 8 days over now, so yup Mummy; 9 days will be tomorrow for me (which is sunday; the day I was speculating about before....! lol!) And Sarah, I have no idea if I'm dilated at all, as I've not been checked, nor do I want to be. Thankfully my midwife knows this and hasn't even *offered* to check me, but if anyone does then I'll be refusing it unless it's absolutely necessary (which it isn't! Dilation means *nothing* as you can sit at 8cm for hours and hours and hours, or you can go from 1cm to 10cm in a half hour! Or you can be like my friend on here who was 2cm THREE WEEKS before she popped! lol) so no, I'm not going to get them to check. In the scan yesterday they did look at my cervix (after a bit of a struggle to get babys head out of the way!) and while the view wasn't very good, she didn't think it looked shortened at all, so I doubt it'd be dilated in the slightest if it hasn't started effacing yet either! But like I said, it can all happen very quickly (or very slowly) so I really don't care either way; my body will do it's thing when it does! :)

Sarah happy birthday to your mummy and it must be a big relief to have the whole TTC journey out in the open with her. How long is she here for?

Dew, good luck with making a decision about what route to proceed with. If money wasn't an issue the warranty one sounds good. And youre right that they'd probably try their absolute best for a successful protocol on the first attempt that way as it means more money for them. But if the first or even second cycle are successful I doubt many people would feel they "wasted" the difference in cost.

Amy any sign of baby yet? I hope your silence on here is a good sign that something is happening FXd.

Oh ha what timing! Lol postin at the same time.

Preethi its good to hear from you. How's Gemma doing? How's her weight gain?

Ny, I would think so. Dew did say it's for 3 ivf resulting in live birth. But they may put a deadline on when they all must be done by.

Lol, sounds stupid to put a deadline o. It doesn't it! Kinda forcing you to have another baby quickly or lose your ivf!

I noticed my iPad corrected Ella to Lea in my post about her off school. This iPad better wTch it, I'm tired and will throw it across the room if it keeps that up!

NY I thought the same thing, but she gets $18,000 refunded if she doesnt get pregnant in the 3 tries, so then its great to have 3 tries for only $6000 or whatever if is. But if you do get pregnant the first go thats an expensive baby. So hard to know what to do! Dew can you try one cycle and if that doesnt work then do the plan? I know that ends up being more in the long run, but at least you have tried it and you could get pregnant that first time and only spend the lower amount. did you find out how much insurance coverage you have for this year?

my mum was shocked at how expensive each cycle is, and said I should move back home to do ivf there....you get 2 tries in england covered by the government (I think you have to be under 40 and trying for 2 years or something). but you have to have worked there for 3 years or something so I wouldnt be able to!

I wish canada covered some of it.....I was reading a campaign to get it covered and they were saying because its so expensive people are putting back 2 or 3 embryos for better chances, and the strain of multiples on the government is so much higher than if they just funded IVF in the first place (and insisted people just put back 1 embryo).

Thank you all!

Here is how it works:

$3000-4000: Medications (not included and definitely coming out of pocket for us)

Regular IVF (egg retrieval, fertilization, egg transfer) = $7500
ICSI (injecting sperm in eggs to assure fertilization) = $1200
Assisted Hatching (to help embryo come out of (hard) egg shell so it can implant) = $400
Freezing extra embryos = $1000
Storage per month = $60/month

Total: $10,100+ X3 = $30,300+ (not including storage cost)

Warranty Program includes all extra costs (ICSI, AH, freezing, storage) plus 3 FET cycles (frozen embryo transfer). FET comes into play when e.g. during first cycle I have 4 embryos, 2 are transferred and 2 frozen. Cycle fails. Then they use the other 2 frozen embryos for transfer (time between first egg transfer and second frozen egg transfer is about 6 weeks to prepare body again for implantation without stimulation).

So for 3 fresh cycles and 3 possible FETs cost is $24000 = $8000 per cycle.

Plus if one is really unlucky and all 3 cycles fail, at least they get $18,500 back which can be used towards further treatment or adoption.

I think our insurance covers monitoring (U/S and blood work) so we don't have to worry about that at least.

Sarah: the guy told us that IVF is out of network and our insurance doesn't cover out of network for infertility treatment so it's all out of our pocket.

Oh it is just for one pregnancy. After delivery you can't come back for 2 more free IVF cycles. Although that would have been great.

I think I would go for it, just because I am thinking it may take more than 1 try. and if I did get pregnant first time I would be so happy I wouldnt care Id spent that much.

what happens if you get pregnant and miscarry, can you still use the program ...I think you said live birth guarantee so would be great if you can use it.

so I guess you will decide on CD1?

I think I would go for it, just because I am thinking it may take more than 1 try. and if I did get pregnant first time I would be so happy I wouldnt care Id spent that much.

what happens if you get pregnant and miscarry, can you still use the program ...I think you said live birth guarantee so would be great if you can use it.

so I guess you will decide on CD1?

money back warranty is if after 3 cycles of fresh IVF patient does not achieve live birth plus 30 days.

It's sounding like an even better option then. Still a tough (and expensive!) decision to make though.

It's a lot of money. I feel sad today.

Dew I dontunderstand the answer to the miscarriage question. Could you reword please?

Dew I dontunderstand the answer to the miscarriage question. Could you reword please?

they are promising a live birth, if not money will be refunded.

They say "refundable portion due back if patient doesn't achieve live birth plus 30 days"

Sorry I am not too sure about "plus 30 days". Earlier I thought they take responsibility until live birth plus first 30 days of baby's life but I could be wrong.

Sarah. Happy belated birthday to your mum :hugs:

Hope the dinner went well, i wouldnt have been able to contain myself as well and i would have blurted it out ages ago because thats just me lol. but im so glad you were able to talk to her and bring it up and that shes happy for you and supportive , and now its out in the open, youve got more people to support you emotionally which i think is fantastic..

i did hear too that the NHS would cover IVF but then again its so far away from canada and yeah with that problem of working there, it wouldnt be an option, but wouldve been so nice as you say if the canadian government could offer some help financially for such procedures, but then again i dont thnk it usually happens in many countries, govt assistance for IVF as its expensive anyway and plus its something artificial, could it be considered like aesthetic procedures?
anyway, FX'D for your IVF cycle next month,.. :headspin:

NDH, thanks for asking, she is doing fine, and so am i, i have no idea what her weight gain is since the last appointment, our next one is on November the 20th.. right now im busy filling out massive paper work for the australian partner visa which takes 6-8 months to process , and is so ridiculously expensive, its unreal.. theyre charging me 8130 dhs ! which is around $2133 australian. on top of that ive got the tourist visa charges so im not very happy but it has to be done..

how are you getting on, ? so close.., you must be well excited and nervous !!

Mummy, im counting days to your due date, the 28th is just a corner away.. !!

flying, where is that baby !!! over here, they dont let you go 9 days etc overdue, they usually do something about it... xxx

Dew, when is your next cycle of IUI ?you are in your 2ww as of now arent you ? waiting on your IUI results? sorry for being so brain dead, ive missed out on so much, but my posts are there every couple of pages, i do try to catch up, if not post, i always read them everyday ... xxx

:hugs: to all of you, im dying to hear more announcements soon!!!

Been there done that with the Visa application! Ours cost $1700 for DH and we were told that it would take 2-3 months (processes quicker from Canada, both being commonwealth), and that they rush applications for couples who are separated (Ie I was living here as I had to be in the country and he was unable to join me til his visa was processed). Ha! It took 6 months!

Be aware that if you apply from Dubai you will have to be in Dubai to receive your visa. It does take longer to process if you apply within Australia, but honestly if we'd known it would take that long would definitely have gone that route. Once you apply for the spousal visa you automatically get a "bridging" visa that extends whatever visa you had already until your application is processed. So in DHs case we could have got him a working visa before he came, then applied for the spousal visa. Though he might still no have his visa yet if we had gone that route... I know someone who has been waiting for their spousal visa for 10 years! He's from Egypt and married to an Australian lady and his agent doesn't seem in any hurry to process his application and you can't get a new agent. And he came in on a student visa so all he can do is continue to study... Can't work this whole time. Frustration. And I have an American friend who's married to an Aussie and she waited 2 years for her spousal visa to be granted too. So in other words, I wouldn't trust the time frame they give you. If you do apply from Dubai, afaik you can still go to Australia on a visitors visa but will have to return to Dubai in order to receive the visa. That's what we were told anyway but couldn't consider it as it would mean not only would DH not be able to work we'd have to pay another $2000+ to fly him back and forth.

I do hope you have an easier time though.

sarah - glad you told your mum and she's happy and supportive about it all.

Dew - i also understand that 'live birth + 30 days' to mean baby must be born alive and live for at least 30 days. That would mostly (i think) be used to cover things like prem births where baby can be born alive but then possibly die a few days later due to complications etc. Really nice that they give that warranty though, and not just say you have to get pg, but that they actually guarantee a keeper baby at the end of it all.
I think it sounds like a good option.
Good luck!

Good luck with the visa app babyhopes.

Oh dear, i've forgotten if there was anything else i wanted to comment on :dohh:

Dew, thanks for explaining all that!! :hugs: so much to consider but it sounds reasonable!

Thanks Preethi, good luck with your visa application!

So I don't often share bump pics... But here you are my rather large 39 week bump!!

https://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv192/katypound/d8d57300.jpg

Lovely bump Mummy! Thanks for sharing :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"