ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Thanks for the time zone breakdown Dew! Great idea! :thumbup:

Flying - yay for plug loss! hopefully it won't be much longer!

Babyhopes - glad you and gemma are doing well xx

NY - glad kian is ok. They really do seem to diagnose everything as reflux! can't understand how reflux causes laboured rapid breathing though! But really glad he's doing ok.

Thank you. I guess they said that the discomfort will cause rapid breathing and also withreflux they can be aspirating a bit into the lungs....and then said his stomach is very huge and can be pushing into his lungs....and that he is being overfed. Huh?i thought newborns being breast fed were just to be fed on demand. How am I supposed to cut back, he screams until fed. Sigh.

Thank you. I guess they said that the discomfort will cause rapid breathing and also withreflux they can be aspirating a bit into the lungs....and then said his stomach is very huge and can be pushing into his lungs....and that he is being overfed. Huh?i thought newborns being breast fed were just to be fed on demand. How am I supposed to cut back, he screams until fed. Sigh.

That is odd that you can overfeed when you are just feeding on demand. :( :hugs:

NY: At first I was gonna say that may be Kian is not feeding well and that's why he cries at night but then I read your last post and doctor's comment about you over-feeding him :nope: so I really don't know what to say. I am sorry you are having such trouble and so glad that Kian is doing fine after that rapid breathing episode. Hope it doesn't repeat. Take care :hugs:

Dew, haven't been able to order it yet - it all depends on DHs work situation tomorrow. He wasn't called in for today, but if he does work tomorrow the. I can order my fabric on Wednesday, but it could take 2-3 weeks to get here after that. (some people I know have received their orders in a week, but I'm not holding out hopes for that).

NDH: I am really hoping that your DH's job schedule becomes more regular to bring financial stability in your lives. I'll be waiting to see your baby bag :)

Dew I thought maybe he wasn't feeding well on the breast also......I suppose it's possible, because then I will feed him a bottle og breast milk when he isn't getting full. Do I guess I need to lower the bottle amount that I give him. We will figure it out. Parenting is a ton of learning and stumbling!

Dew I wanna see the inside of that cake still when you get a pic!

Dew, thanks for the time zone thing, its wonderful to see how all of us are in different time zones, in different parts of the world and yet all together for the same reason xx
hope youre doing ok, when is the end of your 2ww?? x

xx

Preethi: I am glad you had a wonderful birthday, you so deserved it!! :hugs:

My beta is scheduled for Nov. 2 and since I am on progesterone supplements, even if I am not pregnant, I won't get my periods until I stop taking them. Going by last cycle, I should get AF on Nov. 4/5

If IVF is out-of-network and we are paying out of pocket, then I might just do my third IUI in next cycle before moving on to IVF. It is all very uncertain and am losing hope every day.

Dew I thought maybe he wasn't feeding well on the breast also......I suppose it's possible, because then I will feed him a bottle og breast milk when he isn't getting full. Do I guess I need to lower the bottle amount that I give him. We will figure it out. Parenting is a ton of learning and stumbling!

Dew I wanna see the inside of that cake still when you get a pic!

and one would think that being a second time mom you will be an expert on these things :dohh:

Here is the picture showing inside of the cake. I was going for zebra print. It is not very accurate but we can still see stripes :) I guess good enough for a first timer.

https://i51.tinypic.com/2s7i9mv.jpg

Nikki.... breastfeeding is a mine field of things that can go wrong...it's a wonder so many Mums manage to feed successfully! :hugs: I hope you get to the bottom of it all! :hugs:

Dew.. that's awesome cake hun! :thumbup: I'm very impressed! and slightly in need of cake now! :haha:

Dew that looks amazing! I would consider it to be zebra stripes without question.

I am kind of sad today. Since DH did his physical for his job we have found he has high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high triglycerides. :(

Sorry to hear that Sheryl! :hugs: Have they advised to try and control it with diet first? Or are they going to give him medication?

I don't know anything except that his results came back high. He texted me from work earlier this morning.

Dew that looks amazing! I would consider it to be zebra stripes without question.

I am kind of sad today. Since DH did his physical for his job we have found he has high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high triglycerides. :(

Sheryl, all three can be treated with controlled diet and lots of aerobic exercise.
For high BP, he can cut down on salt intake; for high cholesterol and triglycerides, he can cut down on fatty restaurant food, stuff rich in saturated fat, icecream etc and focus on increasing the intake of PUFA and MUFA (poly and mono-unsaturated fats) and lots of fiber, some examples are - flaxseed powder (a good one available in Sam's which he can add to smoothies, yogurt etc), whole grains, oatmeal, bran, walnuts/almonds/peanuts, fibrous fruits and veggies, fish, olive oil/canola oil etc.

And if his cholesterol is way high, then he may need to take Lipitor.

Don't be sad :hugs: It is good he got to know about it at an early age. It can very well be kept in control with proper care.

I would like to think it's his history that gave it to them and not our recent habits. I have been cooking dinner every night and sending him frozen meals that include veggies and a fruit cup for lunch every day at work. Before he got laid off we ate a lot of Whataburger and ate out about every day. I have been told that prior to us getting together he lived on pizza.

Sheryl, most likely it is hereditary but even then increase of above stuff in diet can make a big difference. I know for sure that my friend who daily ate oatmeal with flaxseed powder could bring her cholesterol levels down.

My husband only is against a few things going in his mouth - fake cheeses, alfredo sauce, avocados and oatmeal being among them. I know the later 2 are supposed to be good for his cholesterol.

I have a few friends that love avocado. He won't eat guacamole or any green salsa so I don't either. Not that I want to. If I go to On the Border I will eat a little of the avocado that comes on top of my soup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->