ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Bad news from Mayo, she pulled out my insurance policy and it clearly says IVF not funded. I have talked to 2-3 ladies from insurance company and they were so dumb to never be able to figure this out. They were just guessing that IVF is infertility treatment so should be covered. I hate talking to dumb people on customer service after being put on hold for 20 mins or more almost every time.

Now I think I will go for another IUI and find myself a job because I don't think DH alone can handle IVF expenses $24000 plus 4000 X 3=$12000 (for medications). I didn't want to work to avoid extra stress in life but looks like it is inevitable now.

Bad news from Mayo, she pulled out my insurance policy and it clearly says IVF not funded. I have talked to 2-3 ladies from insurance company and they were so dumb to never be able to figure this out. They were just guessing that IVF is infertility treatment so should be covered. I hate talking to dumb people on customer service after being put on hold for 20 mins or more almost every time.

Now I think I will go for another IUI and find myself a job because I don't think DH alone can handle IVF expenses $24000 plus 4000 X 3=$12000 (for medications). I didn't want to work to avoid extra stress in life but looks like it is inevitable now.

omg thats so unfair :hugs::hugs: perhaps you should just try one IVF this year, and then if it doesnt work get a job and work on doing the package next year? just an idea as the 1x cost is so much less and theres a good chance it could work.

perhaps IUIs will work for you, I saw someone in the assisted folder that had her 6th one work and someone else her 4th. I just gave up as had a feeling it wasnt for me. and wouldnt next year you have some coverage for the meds again?

saving $11,000 in one month is pretty stressful....the spa is looking dead this week so Im already worrying I will need to dip into my ivf money :cry: Im doing some invoices but not expecting to get the payments till end of Nov, but wouldnt it be great to get paid earlier....I actually mentioned to one client I am close to that I am doing IVF and will be off most of November hoping he will send the cheque earlier. December would be a much easier month for me to do this, but I have my heart set on November.

flying you had mentioned wouldnt it be great to be pregnant on this natural cycle.....well theres just no way in my mind that would ever happen. Im so convinced I need help.....18 months of sperm up there during ovulation and not getting pregnant seals it for me :nope:

sarah - my cousin was ttc for 18 months, including 1 month of clomid. A month (or probably 2 now) ago they only had sex twice her whole cycle - what do you know? she finally got her bfp. It happens at the most unlikely times. there's always a chance it could happen naturally for you :hugs:

I tried for about 2 years with one miscarriage. My most active ttc was 14 months.....it is possible. Always possible.

Dew, I'm sorry about insurance. I suppose if you have to work in order to have your baby, then that's what you will do. I know you are determine, so just keep pushing through.

My other thread had it's first failed ivf cycle:( I'm so bummed for her.

thanks ladies, I suppose it is always possible, just at my age I feel it wont happen that way.

NY I looked at your thread and have seen her posting in the assisted folder....thats devastating :cry: someone in my thread in the over 35 just got her bfp after having 2 embryos transfered. its all so random (and I dont deal with random very well!!!)

https://gma.yahoo.com/switched-birth-girls-want-stay-wrong-moms-160048481.html

well nothing is happening still! Nothing at all. No more cramping while in bed, nor any more mucus. I slept well (only got up once to the toilet) and apart from being uncomfy from being big, I feel fine! *sigh*

hurry up baby!!!

Amy, you are indeed so patient. I'm trying not to expect to have a baby before mid January either so if I go over I can deal with it a bit better, but I'm sure I'd be a hopeless wreck lol. It doesn't help when we're conditioned to believe that gestation is 40 weeks, and the talk of induction doesn't help at all either when you have your heart set on natural birth. I echo your statement - hurry up baby!

Dew, I'm so sorry ivf isn't covered :(. How many more iuis will be covered by insurance? As the second doctor you consulted seemed to think iui was a better route for you than ivf maybe you will have more luck giving iui a go for a few more cycles.

Sarah, it's so hard not being with family at Christmas. The first couple times we had to do our own thing was very strange and didn't feel like Christmas. Our last big family Christmas was in 2002 before we came to Australia the first time and it just hasn't been the same since. We use to get together on Christmas eve with my dads whole extended family (everyone that was a descendent of my great grandma who lived to be 100) there were about 50-60 of us until someone decided we'd grown to big and split into my grandpa's generation, with great grandma taking turns presiding over the groups lol. -After that it was strange as my dads brother and sister never got along well with eachother so we'd only see one family or the other over Christmas (which we always had done on Christmas day evening anyway). We've since had a couple Christmases with DHs family, a couple Christmases completely on our own, and one on the beach lol. My favourite recent one was the year before last where I got to host Christmas for the first time lol - my parents, grandparents and an uncle and cousin came over and it was really lovely :)

This Christmas is going to be strange again as I could either be heavily pregnant, have a tiny newborn, or be in labour for all I know! Lol. It'll be pretty low key as a result.

Oh and DH did get called into work this morning after all. :thumbup: That's one less stress anyway. And I think I might be able to swing my fabric order after all. I'll wait until Friday to make sure DH works the rest of the week. I split my order up into two lots - one that has to be ordered from the states and is more essential to have which is about $75, and one that can be ordered from Australia and can wait another month or so, and is about $90.

i was going to test today but have managed to resist! im trying to wait until af is late x

lol Sarah, I'm waiting still too! :coffee:

been at work all day, still nothing. Baby is squirming up a storm right now so at least I know it's fine in there! LOL! But sheesh, it's seriously running out of room now, and it's STRONG. I keep telling it that if it came out it'd have far more room to squirm... it then gives me a boot in the ribs as if to say 'yeah right'. :haha:

Yay that DH got called in NDH! And fingers crossed he gets called in the rest of the week too and you can get that fabric!!!!

Dew, that sucks that your insurance doesn't cover IVF at all! I can totally understand your frustration with the all centre being idiots too! Sheesh, if it plainly states IVF isn't covered, surely they'd have realised!? Ugh. But good luck with doing more IUI, and hopefully you won't need to worry about IVF!!!

Boo! DH worked 6 1/2 - 7 hours, and probably won't work tomorrow though almost certainly will Friday and Saturday. That's not the boo part so much (though annoying that he probably won't work tomorrow). What has me mad is some jerk cut a corner while he was working and ran over DHs cooler bag/lunch box which was well off to he side of the road, completely crushing everything in it! The phone survived, fortunately. But it happened before lunch so he not only had to buy lunch, we now have to go buy him new sunglasses, water bottles, sandwich containers and a cooler! :growlmad: so much for getting my fabric :(. And after I happily spent the day on fabric.com re-choosing the fabric I want and getting quite a nice order together for $80 (for 10 1/2 yards of various fabrics) including shipping. Might still be able to swing it if we can replace his stuff inexpensively for now...

Dew .... :hugs: I'm so sorry sweetheart!

NDH... that sucks chick! :( Sorry about having to replace all the items! :hugs:

Amy... it's gonna have to be soon... I'm getting ready to pop and your little one is due it's birthday first... :) so hurry up baby! time to get out!!! :hugs:

Flying, i cant believe baby is still intact !! we are all just waiting for some news !! xxx

Mummy, two days to go !!!! hope youre starting to feel niggles xx

Sarah, i hope the spa business catches up soon and that some money keeps coming in towards your IVF fund ! FX'DDDD

Dew, so sorry that your insurance wont cover IVF at all, over here, they most certainly dont as its something that is done out of choice and even if the doctors orders, it wont be covered.. :hugs: hope you find a solution soon.. xxx

Nikki, gemma weighs abou 2.63 from her previous appoint which was ages ago and her next one is on the 20th of november so long time to go.. sorry about kians reflux, youve got to try infant gaviscon, apparently it thickens the milk so it settles in the stomach and is unable to travel the opposite direction and he wont bring it up, many mums swear by it, although i found it too thick for her and it wouldnt come out of the bottle, they say for breast fed infants to mix it up in a spoon and feed it that way, as gemma is not breast fed and cant latch properly, i had to put it in the bottle, but gave up within the first try as she took over 45 mins to feed and would hardly take 10 ml as everything got stuck in the nipple as the milk was soo thick ! hope you find a solution soon.,,. i can imagine how frustrating and tiring it must be,. xxx

ndh, hope dh gets called into work more often.. xx and how annoying to have to replace everything ! x

Amy, think yourbbaby just wants to wait til he can walk out
, lol. Actually, it being so late my be a girl, seems they are usually later! Divas.

Ndh sorry that sucks but am glad he will work fridayb and Saturday.

Dew I hope IuI is all it takes for you. Insurance sucks I hate how we can go paying for insurance monthly our whole lives when we typically use it only twice, and when we go to use it, they are so picky to whatvthey pay for. Not fair!

I am getting a cold and think I'm being kicked while I'm down. I never get sleep so how will I manage beig sick w a newborn? Not happy.

Kristin needs to come out SOON! She's freaking hurting me! Unfortunately the doctor just checked me this morning and said I'm a little less than what he said last week. Maybe in the next week she will stop it already. He said he wouldn't stop labor at this point. :)

Fx'd she stops hurting you and makes her way into this big wide world soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->