ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Oh, and the classes run for 6 weeks Amy - so I'll be 37 weeks exactly when they finish. The lady who is 34 weeks will be cutting it close - I wonder if she'll get through all 6?

ndh yea, sometimes autocorrect is a riot. im scared i will send something inappropriate though!

Oh the things I've caught! Nothing inappropriate thankfully, but stuff that makes you want to ask autocorrect what WAS it thinking? I swear whoever programmed it did it on purpose lol. It's useful but also totally infuriating :haha:

Back from Apple store (in Mall of America). My iPad was showing 3 vertical lines for last 3 months. I was getting worried it may soon go off the warranty period, luckily not, so today I finally went in and they exchanged it for a new one.

NDH: Yay! finally you could order the fabric. It all sounds great. Hope it gets delivered very soon. Do you have template or plan for cutting different panels/parts? Good luck!

NY: You should be very proud of yourself for preparing Ella's costume especially when she is happy with it, you shouldn't have any reason to doubt your creative skills. Kian as pumpkin sounds too cute :)

Tomorrow I am baking the chocolate cake. I hope it is not too early for a Sunday lunch...??? I got 2 types of Ghirardelli chocolate for frosting and ganache and a lindt chocolate bar for making curls for top of the cake. Sounds yummy to me too :)

Happy 42 weeks Amy! :hugs:

Dew.. do you enjoy the iPad? I think hubby would LOVE a tablet of some form!

OMG... and more talk of yummy chocolate cake.. i'm so going to have to get myself some!! :dance:

Natalie... that lady is cutting it close!!! Hope you get to enjoy all the classes too! xx

Dew you're mean - I've cut chocolate out of my diet again (caffeine - seems I'm ok with it in moderation but builds up and causes problems so then I have to cut it out completely again for a few months and so on). That cake sounds divine!

There's no official "pattern" for my bag, but there are instructions and the pieces are all just different sized squares and rectangles - should be easy enough.

Mummy - thanks I hope so too! Baby is under orders not to arrive before boxing day lol. I suppose the 22nd or 23rd if it really wants to be born before Christmas... Lol. I'm mostly expecting it'll be a January baby though.

I hope baby plays ball for you! :hugs: goodness knows they have their own agenda! :)

They do indeed. Just ask Preethi and Nikki :haha:

Oh of course - forgot about it going the other way too for a second :dohh:

Happy 42 weeks Amy! :hugs:

Dew.. do you enjoy the iPad? I think hubby would LOVE a tablet of some form!

It's just a quicker and lighter way to browse, check emails and play games. I don't really use it much for intellectual work. And for speed and typing long messages I prefer laptop keyboard. All these new technologies are fancy but definitely not good for eyes, you can always zoom in and read big text but then you see so little on the screen. While DH is a big fan of it, I aint so much. He feels proud if his 5 year old nephew plays Angry Birds, I find it sad. My friends' 3-4 year olds use kids' apps to color, watch barney and stuff, I disapprove of it too. I guess I am old school.

I don't have internet phone yet. First, I am at home and have access to iPad and laptop. Secondly, I am again old school and believe that cell phone is supposed to be for making and receiving calls, and texting to DH when he is in conference and can't talk but can text.

Sorry for an essay :nope:

You may buy iPad2 with a wonderful webcam after the baby is born and give him as a gift for becoming second time father. In addition, you will be able to use it to video chat with your family after arrival of new baby.

I just downloaded iOS5 and iCloud on new iPad.

I am so curious to know the gender of yours and Flying's baby :)

I also wish I could share my cake with you guys, would have been my pleasure :thumbup:

Whats icloud? I have ipad too and like using it now when the baby is in my lap or breast feeding and then the ipad is easy to use with the other hand....better than a computer by far. But harder to type fast...although either way nowadays im typing one handed and making many mistakes.

Dew you're mean - I've cut chocolate out of my diet again (caffeine - seems I'm ok with it in moderation but builds up and causes problems so then I have to cut it out completely again for a few months and so on). That cake sounds divine!

There's no official "pattern" for my bag, but there are instructions and the pieces are all just different sized squares and rectangles - should be easy enough.

Mummy - thanks I hope so too! Baby is under orders not to arrive before boxing day lol. I suppose the 22nd or 23rd if it really wants to be born before Christmas... Lol. I'm mostly expecting it'll be a January baby though.

If it is any consolation, I never eat my cakes. Since I started making them, I have realized how much sugar and butter goes into them. I feel sorry for my friends when they eat it :nope: I keep telling them, remove the frosting/fondant but they prefer to eat it with everthing on as it tastes better that way.

NDH, I used to stich/sew about 10 years ago. I was really good at it and used to make dresses for myself but sadly without any practice over the years, I have forgotten it all so really intrigued to see your end result. :thumbup:

My sister was due on Jan 11 and really wanted a Jan baby so the baby's age is counted one year less but she delivered on Dec 30 and was glad to have baby out sooner than later. Of course it ruined their new year celebrations :)

Mmm baking has never put me off sweets - no matter how much butter or sugar goes in. But some day when my metabolism slows down I know I'll have to be a lot more careful.

I hope my fabric comes soon! I know people who have had their shipments arrive in a week, which is pretty impressive from US to Australia! But I really don't hold much hope for it being sooner than 2-3 weeks. And then I'll have to ge busy and sew sew sew! Will definitely post pictures of the end result.

And I know I'll be happy whenever my baby chooses to arrive (yes, even Christmas or new years). I just worry that I won't be able to afford to have everything ready in time for an early arrival is all. If DH stays busy with work though (or gets busy rather) and I'm able to continue to have a little money every week for baby things then I'll feel a lot better about the possibility of baby being born earlier in December.

Whats icloud? I have ipad too and like using it now when the baby is in my lap or breast feeding and then the ipad is easy to use with the other hand....better than a computer by far. But harder to type fast...although either way nowadays im typing one handed and making many mistakes.

Really don't know much about it but from what little I know, it is kinda of a tool to make changes on your music albums, pictures, documents, emails etc on one computer and automatically update it on all devices that have icloud installed on it. Also if you have music on iPod and want to access it remotely on iPad, you can do it without saving it on iPad. More I use it, more I will learn and let you know, unless you want to try it on your own and teach me some :)

DH got me iPad when I got pregnant last year in December, it was lighter and i didn;t have to put it on my lap so avoiding some of the radiations. If I ever go into labor, I willl be packing my iPad too so I can update you all on my progress, I can dream right?

DH also got me diamond earrings lDec of last year. He was really happy with my pregnancy!

Ah ya - my dad now has iCloud. He said basically it's an online storage for all your music and apps and stuff that you can use to access from any of your apple devices. So you don't need as much hard storage. As we replaced our mac with DHs PC though we only have my iPod touch so there's no point in getting it lol. Maybe some day when we are able to get our 27" iMac *drool*.

My BIL/SIL started the "You've been Boo-ed" game in their neighborhood. They got a Boo of their own tonight with cute yummy pumpkin decorated mini cupcakes. I think I want to make some snickerdoodle cookies tomorrow and boo some of our neighbors.

they couldn't fit me in for a scan today, so I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow instead of sunday to check on baby. :) It's booting the HECK out of me at the moment though, so I don't think it's in any real hurry to get out! lol.

Dew I got a dog when I got pregnant last....then lost it but still had the dog to care for so helped a little. I think iclud can store pictures? I would use it for that cuz then you can never lose your pictures if they're in loud storage. I should look into it.

Sheryl that's a fun idea. Yummy too.

I love sweets and can't stay away from the Halloween candy already.....eeeek!

Ny - to my knowledge anything you can store on iPod/iPad/iMac can be stored on iCloud so I'm sure pictures would too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->