ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Yay flying! i have a feeling its in a days time youyll have the baby.

sarah- wow that the mother is single w a 15 m old and a 2 yr old.....i couldnt imagine taking care of all those kids alone. not even fathomable. esp w no money. hope theyre ok.

I think you'd have liked the expo Amy. I didn't stay for all the sessions (there was one I would have liked to stay for, but it was after one on "Ocean Healing" which from looking at her booth was basically surf yoga for kids? And I didn't fancy waiting an hour) but Im glad I went. The Australian Breastfeeding Association had a booth, so I got a lot of literature from them and an invitation to come along to their monthly meetups even before buboes here for some networking. Also got contact info from a Doula and a homebirth midwife who had booths there (for next time lol). And then some of the local naturopaths and homeopaths etc had booths too, and the organic health food shops, that kind of thing. And a good turnout too. Babies and bumps everywhere, and lots of dads too. And there were more parents babywearing than using prams.

Sarah: Very proud of you for adopting a needy family. Do you get to meet the family and give the presents in person? I think of financially adopting a child in another country to pay for his/her education. DH has a big heart and donates a lot.

The expo does sound great! I'm glad you enjoyed it and made some good contacts. :D

AFM, nothing more to report really. Went to see the midwife and sat hooked up to the CTG monitor for a good half hour-45 mins trying to get a decent trace on the heartbeat, but baby decided it was wriggle time the ENTIRE time and didn't once settle for more than about 30 seconds before it was off squirming again and making it's heartbeat faster! lol! But that's all good anyway; a wriggly active baby isn't a sign of any problems! LOL! It's if the heart-rate DROPS with a contraction or something that it shows a baby in distress, and the 'lows' on the reading were only at it's normal baseline, with it's highs being only cos it was being such a squirmer!

I've been wiping wee bits more blood-streaked mucus all day too, and just had another fair clump of it before (not as much as first thing this morning, but still far more than I've had otherwise) so things are happening in there still. I'm a little crampy at times but that hasn't meant anything much before so still just waiting really. I'm happy to wait though, cos that mucus plug means at least things are softening up and probably dilating too, so it won't be toooooo long now... hopefully!!!

If nothing has happened by monday morning then I'll be having a scan and another CTG monitoring and we'll go from there.

It's now nearly 7pm saturday, so fingers crossed things start happening overnight or something! :)

good luck Amy :dance:

Sarah... that's scary stuff about the neighbour! And what a wonderful thing you're doing for that family! :cloud9:

Hope everyone is well... I spent most of yesterday contracting... went to bed and woke up this morning on my due date with NOTHING! It's all died down... so Amy I reckon I'll join you in the overdue club (though... not as overdue as you! You amaze me with your patience!!!!)

Xfactor chat:

I've seen the first two categories perform! (got really tired and went to bed... but the rest I'll see today! So I know how the boys and the groups did! I really don't think that LA Reid has a strong category.. none of the boys 'do' it for me! I'm not sure if LA sent the right person home either... I think he sent home the better singer (though possibly not as popular).

Paula has an amazing 3 groups left.. i enjoyed all their performances and really really thought Stereo Hogzz have something quite interesting and different about them! :thumbup:

Mummy, i will post pics soon , once i find my camera wire lol, but definetely will do xx
yaay for the cramps etc, hope it keeps up !!! xx

Flying, yay for bloody show... :headspin: ill give you one or two days at the best xxx i know baby is coming in the next two days !!! xx

Sarah, sorry about your neighbours xxthats very sad to hear, but on a positive note, thats an amazing thing youre doing !!! well done, its really good to help as much as you can, my mum has done the same and adopted a child, basically she pays for his schooling etc, and the organization sends updates and pictures and she can meet him if she wants to when she goes back on holiday x good on you !

Hope all of you are doing well, afm, nothing much to report, same old, same old. ! just about to go to a kids birthday party , one of the mums in our buildings throwing one for her one year old baby.. its the end of the weekend, and im looking forward to hopefully booking our holiday tickets for australia next month, and have something to look forward to !

:hugs: to all of you, sorry if ive missed any other posts?

Thanks Preethi... have a good time at the party! :dance:

More Factor chat (now that I've watched the rest of the show!!)

So I was pleased to see Nicole send home Dexter... but I don't think she knows what she's doing with her contestants. I'd be surprised if one of hers wins because I'm not sure she'll give them the right songs to showcase their talent! :shrug: hopefully she proves me wrong... because I like her contestants! :D
Simon really has got a strong group! He sent the right 2 home in my opinion and I think Drew's voice is awesome! Rachael can do so much more than what he gave her to do... so hopefully he does!

I think it'll be a group or a girl winner!

Enjoy the birthday party Preethi :)

Quick update - DH worked 10 hours today, and weekends are double time! He could have worked tomorrow too, but said no on Friday as we go to church, but changes his mind this morning when he realised it's double time, but they'd already asked someone else. He now knows though not to turn down ANY weekend work - we can always go to church on Saturday/Sunday evening lol.

Sarah: Very proud of you for adopting a needy family. Do you get to meet the family and give the presents in person? I think of financially adopting a child in another country to pay for his/her education. DH has a big heart and donates a lot.

no its all anonymous. that would be great to pay for someones education, have you ever looked into it?

so our 2ww is almost over, for me this cycle is completely different though and I havent even thought about it and actually looking forward to CD1. Im hoping this is your month, come on bfp!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mummy! so glad you have watched it so we can talk. I dont think anyone else watches it and I think Dew watched it so wont put this in spoiler:

I was so upset the crooner guy got sent home and thought LA gave him a terrible song! he should have sang something michael buble. I would have prefered he sent home the guy who is a recovering drug addict....I really liked his audition but I think on the stage his voice was the weakest. I do like the guy marcus thats a but usher-like, and the kid is kinda good but a lot of people dont like rap so he wont go that far.

Thank god nicole sent home dexter! I really like that guy josh she has and quite liked his performance. that woman I dont like that much, I find her too waily and I much prefered the other similar woman they sent home at the judges house. I LOVE Leroy too and hope he goes far...I think he will.

the groups paula did a great job, but I would have preferred the brewer boys to stay over intensity...although the one girl has a great voice in intensity. I just dont love those massive glee type groups I guess. stero hogz are pretty good and the girl group all look like models!!

simons team....was soooooo happy he sent home who he did! I was worried he would keep that tiah over rachel. melanie is just amazing and will have a great career. drew has a lovely voice too and is so cute.

I would say my favourites are leroy, rachel, melanie, drew, josh, marcus :thumbup:

babyhopes Im so jealous you are going to australia....remind me when and for how long! and Ive been patient but...I WANNA SEE MORE PICS OF GEMMA!!!!!!!

NDH thats amazing, great news. and yeah never turn down double pay!! I hope thats regular and slowly you will be getting back on your feet.

flying my predictions have been terrible but Im going to predict tomorrow, come on bubs!! I always picture a boy so I will be shocked if a girl comes out!!

Have to run, the spa sponsored a Haunted House so we are going to take some brochures with 10% off coupons down there so they can give out. Our sponsorship money goes to the hospital so thats good. Then we are going for breakfast at a diner, yummy. Hubbies whole family coming over tonight so lots to do.

so our 2ww is almost over, for me this cycle is completely different though and I havent even thought about it and actually looking forward to CD1. Im hoping this is your month, come on bfp!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Once again I feel it is negative as my B weren't hurting that much this morning :( Anyways, guests come over tomorrow, we spend the entire day with them and today i shop, cook and clean. Monday I call clinic to prepone my beta to Nov 1 (Tuesday) because they did it on 14dpiui last cycle too, wouldn't want to keep taking progesterone unnecessarily and delay AF.

Wishing you all a happy Halloween weekend! Flying and Mummy keeping FXed for you two! Hope Sheryl is doing fine too!

Thanks Dew!

Sarah... I like the same lot as you! :thumbup: I do think there are quite a few in with a chance of winning and believe a lot will have to do with how clever the judges are in picking the right songs... Like the crooner... give him one of Michael Buble's songs and he'd have blown the audience away! :shrug:

NDH... fab news about the 10 hours work and hope that hubby can get some more weekend work then! :hugs:

I am doing well. I think DH and I are going to stay home and watch Paul and Bad Teacher from Redbox. No signs of baby coming any time soon so we are going to take advantage of the quiet time.

Great news about double pay ndh!

happy due date mummy!

umm, oh dear, i forgot everything else :dohh:

Happy Due date mummy !!!

Sarah. i will add pics on facebook, !!x x

I have finally created a facebook profile, ( Gemma Louise ) as i wanted to be anonymous because of my scary experiences with facebook, can i please have all your facebook names to add as friends? all those of you that are friends on facebook xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->