ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

But some day when my metabolism slows down I know I'll have to be a lot more careful.

wait till you are in your 30's!!! I used to be able to eat anything and everything and was slim. now I have to work out just to maintain my weight, and to lose weight it seems I have to work out all day and eat nothing :rofl:

Ive been an apple user for over 20 years now! starting when I was 16 doing my graphic design diploma. Its been amazing to see their growth to the masses as only creative people used to know mac.

however I didnt get an ipad....as it doesnt run flash! so many websites use flash and websites Ive designed use it. It was a huge deal for me not to buy that as I have everything apple!! (3 computers, 1 laptop, iphone etc.) Even at the spa I insisted we have the large imac on reception and had to find a spa software for mac...theres only 1 in existance.

mummy when I was in england I picked up the samsung galaxy tab as the version over there is a phone and a tab! I never wanted a phone AND a tab so love the all in one. obviously it looks silly holding a tab up to your ear so you use a bluetooth ear thingy or headphones. I barely use my cell phone unless Im texting at home or in the car it goes through the car. Plus it runs flash!

Sarah I haaaate that it won't run flash. So many times it's pissed me off. Lol. Then I just hop onto one of our computers. We also use apple laptops. Oh has iPhone, I was with sprint so have the EVO which I don't really like.....

Get to watch my daughter walk in a Halloween parade today so that should b fun! Now rain go away.

oooh there was 3 police cars outside our house this morning, and I saw one cop walk out of my next door neighbours house. when I went to pop out to the bank I asked the one cop 'is everything ok' and he just nodded. theres 2 sons in their 40's and an older dad that live in the house, if it was something medical there would be an ambulance so Im like huh :shrug: 1 car has left but 2 are still there

Ewww, scary! I am nosy like that too....wish you coulda found more out! Lol.

I have a parenting journal if anyone wants to check it out I have some pictures in there if you are interested! Never made a journal before but everyone else was doing it! Lol

ooh, sounds exciting re the police!

I'm officially on leave!!! :wohoo:

someone was taken off in a stretcher in a body bag :cry: think it might be the dad (he was older), Im not sure whether to go over and see if they are ok :shrug:

would you guys go over to check on them or wait till you see the outside? I dont want to intrude but wanted to check they are ok.

Im so excited I applied to 'adopt a family' in my town for christmas and just got the list. I chose a family with 3 children, you need to give 3 gifts per child plus $25 grocery card per kids, and they say its nice to buy the parents something too so the kids see they are included.

so I got a single mum with 3 kids...

Dantae, M, 5 yrs old, wants "Anything to do with Toy Story (would love the action figures or dolls from this movie), Cars or Spiderman, Disney “cars” comforter, Dantae has learning difficulties so any learning toys (help with reading, sounds etc)."

Lita, F, 2 yrs old, wants Dora double sheets, love anything Disney princesses, tinkerbell and Dora

Leland, M, 15 months, wants Single bed set Disney “cars” Boys will be sharing a bedroom soon so Mom would like their bedding to match, any little people, fisher price toys.

Mom would love a walmart gift card so she can get a winter coat and boots.

Seeing as Im not purchasing anything for my baby this year its going to be nice to help them :happydance:

Oh no, thats sad Sarah...I would wait a few days to make a visit maybe....

Huggles- yay for leave! How long? Lucky its so much before baby. I had to work up until!

Ahhhh, Halloween parade for little kids was fun just got back. I love how all of Ella's little friends are always waving and "hi Ella's mom!"....its so c ute:) And the costumes are adorable.

Sarah- I love that you've adopted a family! I wish I knew how....I get such a huge heart around the holidays and maybe it can be a bad thing. I get very sad for people, and actually cry for strangers..... We aren't rich, and we can't afford nice cars or houses or anything, but I still make a point to give because its a lot better than some. Breaks my heart into PIECES that some children have no xmas, have no santa, have no family traditions, big dinners...I can barely even stand thinking of it:(

Thanks for adopting them, you are doing them such a huge thing!

Sarah that's so sweet of you to take care of that family for Christmas. That's a lot of money on gifts at 3 per kid plus the mom and the giftcard for groceries.

Oh Sarah what an experience next door! I would pop over tomorrow to check on them if you don't see them outside to ask.

And what a sweet thing to do for that family :). What a lovely program. And I can't imagine it's easy for the parents who sign up, but you'll really make their Christmas a good one :)

Oh wow Sarah, that's a bit freaky... I'd perhaps go and buy a basket of muffins or something and stop by, hand them over, and say something like 'I saw something was up, I hope everything is ok, but don't want to intrude so here ya go!' and leave them to it. I dunno, just something to say 'I'm here, and I care" without being nosey and annoying about it, ya know?

And how cool about the adopting a family! :D

Huggles; yay for being on leave now!!!! Now you have this coming week to get everything finished up before the stitch comes out and baby comes along!!! heh.

ny, I have your journal open, I'll go read it in a min but replying here first! :D

AFM, I'm 15 days over now.... and I had a lovely impressive bloody show this morning! :wohoo: so things are moving along in there! The wee bit of brown-tinged mucus I had last week was only a fingerprint sized glob and it was a pale browny colour. This was a whole pile of bright red blood-streaked mucus that took a couple of wipes to clear it away there was so much. So YAY! lol. I was almost loosing faith that my body would do it all by itself, so this has reassured me for now that things will happen when they're supposed to, and lets just hope it won't be much longer before the contractions start... :D

Woo hoo Flying!! Hopefully in the next 24 hours he will be here!

yay for things finally happening flying! :yipee:

sarah - that sounds horrible re the body bag! I would imagine though, that if there were those police cars hanging around so long and no ambulance that it might be suspicious circs. As for going over - depends how close you were to them. If you chat with them often, then i like flying's idea of popping around with some muffins or something. But if you never really spoke to them then i'd wait a few days.
Lovely idea adopting that family for xmas. But wow, it's gonna cost a lot of money with so many presents AND grocery vouchers! Good for you though doing that - will definitely make it a happy xmas for the family.

Ny - my leave is 5 months. It's generally 4 months here, but i've added on annual leave to the beginning and end to extend it to 5 months. I mainly stopped so 'early' cos the stitch is coming out next week and i'm fully expecting things to start happening then, so wanted 2 or 3 days at home first to get organised etc. And once the stitch is out i definitely don't want to be driving to work over an hour away each day.

yes sheryl its a lot however I did chose that many...on the form you are asked how many families, kids and if you have a preference like single mum, single dad etc. So I chose 3 kids and no preferences, we make really good money and Ive always wanted to do this...I definitely want to do it when we have kids so they can know that not everyone are able to buy things like they can. Its nice to do it this year and think PERHAPS next year I will be doing it with a little baby in tow [-o<[-o<[-o<

NY Im the same, even when I wasnt earning so much I would always try and help a bit. And Ive always felt the more you give away the more you get back and its worked so far. This is through the local childrens aid, my mums first question was 'how do you know they are legit families' so I explained to her its usually the social workers who suggest the families in need.

being in TTC mode I couldnt help but notice the single moms kids are 15 months and 2...perhaps some of her babydust will rub off on me somehow.

thanks for the ideas about next door, not sure what I will do yet...

flying ooooooh I still think he will be a october baby but running out of days, come on bubs!

sarah - that sounds horrible re the body bag! I would imagine though, that if there were those police cars hanging around so long and no ambulance that it might be suspicious circs. As for going over - depends how close you were to them. If you chat with them often, then i like flying's idea of popping around with some muffins or something. But if you never really spoke to them then i'd wait a few days.

I know I was wondering the same thing, as there were 3 police cars which seems a bit much. but if he was dead when they found him I dont think they would send an ambulance but just the coronor (which is what happened eventually). perhaps it was a slow police day and they have to investigate anyone phoning up to say someone has passed away.

I keep thinking Im going to see the older man in the garden and then realize the son. We do chat to them quite often, the one son is so nice and has helped chris with some projects around the garden. its not him as we briefly saw him come home from work. Im sure its the dad, he must have been in this 60's or 70's.

yay for being on leave :happydance:

Yay Amy! Hopefully now that you've had your show things will get happening.

I'm off to a natural and holistic parenting expo today. I figure it's as good a place as any to meet other people who cloth bum and babywear and that kind of thing. Not irerested in all the sessions (some are too new agey for me) but some look quite interesting. And this is the first one they've done here, so as a future parent who will be doing a lot of things that fall under the "natural parenting" umbrella I should lend my support so more stuff like this happens in future.

ooo NDH, that sounds neat! I agree with a lot of the 'natural parenting' sorta things, but agree that some of it IS still a bit 'new age' for my liking too! It definitely sounds like an expo I'd enjoy though; do tell us what it was like! :D

I'm sitting here bored now. lol! It's only 11am!!! I have my midwife appointment for a CTG monitoring at 12:40, but nothing to do until then except housework. Ugh. I told mum I had a bloody show this morning though, and because it's saturday she's decided they'll come down this afternoon and stay the night (probably around the road at my brothers again; more space in his house for the five of them plus the dog!) just cos they don't really have any plans for the weekend otherwise, and she's all excited things might be happening! heh. They'll go home tomorrow anyway if nothing is happening.

I laughed at my midwife when I txted her to let her know too; she's supposed to be off call today cos she worked too long yesterday, so she'll do the CTG check today, and then she's requested a "4 hour labour, during the day, tomorrow". haha! I told her I'll do my best... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->