ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

so Ive got

:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

8 frosties :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

they say about 75% survive the defrost so thats 6 that could make it and be implanted in the future.

I just cant believe it. this really takes the pressure off this first time having to work. Im so happy!!! I really hope I can get a couple of babies from the total 10 blastsocysts, then I never have to do any of this again [-o<[-o<[-o<

wow! if im to be honest, i really hoped, but never expected this to be such a great turn out! im so happy for you. so with frozen ones its considered IUI? why dont they do the petri dish sperm meets egg thing? i may be all confused....

OH WOW....brilliant excellent fabulous news!!! I'm THRILLED for you!!! best news ever honey! Sorry about the sad goodbye to your Mum... but hopefully you will be visiting with a great big bump soon! :dance:

Sheryl, Lizzie chomps and sucks on her fingers ALL the time... well whenever she gets hungry anyway! :hugs: hope you get the feeding working for you!! xxx

wow! if im to be honest, i really hoped, but never expected this to be such a great turn out! im so happy for you. so with frozen ones its considered IUI? why dont they do the petri dish sperm meets egg thing? i may be all confused....

these are already day 5 blastocyts (sperm meets egg, fertilizes into an embryo, and if you are lucky by day 5 after retrieval they have developed into a blastocyst). so the frozen are the exact same as what was transfered inside me yesterday. so when I want to use them they just need to defrost them and if they survive the defrost they transfer them just like they did yesterday! Im in shock, so many people dont even make it to day 5 let alone have anything to freeze. I never thought it would go this good at my age. of course we dont know how many of them would lead to a healthy pregnancy, but having 10 Im hopeful [-o<[-o<[-o<

Wow 8 frosties! :dance::dance::dance:

woohooo Sarah!!! that's amazing!!!!!!!!! sending you sooooooooo much baby-dust; we need another new pregnancy on here to follow along!!! lol

Thats a great explanation I totally get it now! Lol....so you can just use the frozen ones if there is a next cycle? How many IVfs did you get?

I think Sarah is planning on keeping her frozen ones for baby #2 and if this cycle doesn't take then she'll start again fresh (unless she's changed her mind).

So here's my latest dilema.... choosing 1 (or three) of these for our Christmas cards this year!
Christmas Card Shoot!!

Hope you're all well... how you feeling Sarah? WE've had a busy morning and cousins coming to visit in an hour... our house feels like a train station :rofl:

I think Sarah is planning on keeping her frozen ones for baby #2 and if this cycle doesn't take then she'll start again fresh (unless she's changed her mind).

yes I was planning that, but now that I have 8 frosties (never in a million years thought I would have that many) I think I will do some frozen transfers first. reason being 1. the egg retrieval was more painful that I thought and 2. theres been a lot in the media about IVF drugs causing cancer as quite a few high profile people have done IVF had then had breast or ovarian cancer. I dont believe it causes it exactly but perhaps if you are susceptible to getting it already then it might enhance it. regardless I dont really want to pump myself full of drugs again if I can avoid it. The drugs are used when you need to stimulate your ovaries to produce lots of eggs so you dont need that in a frozen cycle. so I might try 2 lots of frozen transfers, so Id use up 4, then think about another fresh cycle. :thumbup:

So here's my latest dilema.... choosing 1 (or three) of these for our Christmas cards this year!
Christmas Card Shoot!!

Hope you're all well... how you feeling Sarah? WE've had a busy morning and cousins coming to visit in an hour... our house feels like a train station :rofl:

omg I love them!!!! there are so many cute ones it would be hard to choose. can you do a card with 4 little windows with different photos, with the words in the middle? I think people will love to see a couple of different ones. you have to show one of lottie laughing like #10 or 13, she is so cute. love #4, #20 and #26 is so cute as it looks like she is squeezing lizzie!!

Im feeling great thanks! little crampy here and there but otherwise fine. its so weird to know I had 2 blasts put in but not know what they are doing right now. if they dont implant I wonder what day they flush out.

Thats a great explanation I totally get it now! Lol....so you can just use the frozen ones if there is a next cycle? How many IVfs did you get?

hi!! how are you? still tired or are nights better?

here in canada you only pay per IVF, so I only paid for 1 cycle, but luckily that 1 cycle produced 8 frosties. Its only about $1200 per cycle to use the frosties so I will probably do a cycle in january if this one doesnt work.

if I did another fresh cycle I would be paying the $10,000 all over again, the money I dont care about as much as going through all the drugs and egg retrieval again. Im really hoping theres a couple of healthy babies in the 10 blasts I have so I dont have to do all that again [-o<[-o<[-o<

Catherine very cute! Love #5 and #13! Also him in the sticking so cute bi wS thinking of doing that too! But my guy isn't so little so not sure how it will work. Plus I don't have his stocking yet.

Sarah I'm good. Sleep is ok but now I'm getting stressed over his bouts of screaming. Last night was 2 hours I cried with him. Not colic cuz its during the day too. Think he has bad reflux and it saddens me because I am working my ass off to breast feed and I don't feel like its good for him:(. I will get through it but for right now I'm feeling kind of down.
Do you go to the far away clinic still if you just transfer frozen ones? I doubt you will need to do that and your blasts are doing something magic in there! How many years can they freeze for? Also, with that many, what if you only want one more child and had some left over that is a healthy blast? Do you feel you'd be able to let it die? You elect maybe 5 to survive what if that's potential for 2-3 more kids? Lol. So crazy that many were good to freeze. Truly amazing!

Catherine very cute! Love #5 and #13! Also him in the sticking so cute bi wS thinking of doing that too! But my guy isn't so little so not sure how it will work. Plus I don't have his stocking yet.

Sarah I'm good. Sleep is ok but now I'm getting stressed over his bouts of screaming. Last night was 2 hours I cried with him. Not colic cuz its during the day too. Think he has bad reflux and it saddens me because I am working my ass off to breast feed and I don't feel like its good for him:(. I will get through it but for right now I'm feeling kind of down.
Do you go to the far away clinic still if you just transfer frozen ones? I doubt you will need to do that and your blasts are doing something magic in there! How many years can they freeze for? Also, with that many, what if you only want one more child and had some left over that is a healthy blast? Do you feel you'd be able to let it die? You elect maybe 5 to survive what if that's potential for 2-3 more kids? Lol. So crazy that many were good to freeze. Truly amazing!

yes something to think about, I guess I will see how I do with these 2, if it doesnt work this cycle then I would feel that we may end up using them all for a couple of children. if this works and I still have 8 frozen I suppose we will try until we have the amount of children we want, and if theres any left I would consider donating to an infertile couple. We had to already fill in some forms, and on there we donated extra to research. But now I have the frosties I do feel that I would prefer to donate them than give them to science. Being through unexplained infertility Ive faced a future without children and it would be nice to help a couple who was definitely infertile. its a little weird to think of your dna being given to someone else, but I think I could get over that. A lot of people could never donate their embryos so Im sure theres not that many available for couples who need them.

I think they can be frozen for a long time, we pay a $250 per year fee to keep them. and yes we would go to the same clinic. the egg transfer was totally fine and not painful so I dont mind doing that again and again. in fact it was quite a magical experience to hear them come in with 2 embryos and insert them, and see 2 little dots on the screen. they gave me a print out of the little dots too!!

sorry to hear about the screaming, that must be so hard and thats why Im nervous about possibilty having twins. Im sure day by day it will get better, how is OH coping with it?

grrr I wish theres was a simple way to know if your embryos had implanted or not, instead of having to wait. Ive been testing out my trigger shot and today I dont really see a line so any lines from now on may be a baby!

Sarah, woohoo !!!!!!!!!!! 8 frosties !!! :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: told you this is happening !!

mummy such cute pics.. im at a loss as to what to suggest !! theyre so damn cute !! xx

if any of you are interested here is a list of what happens after a day 5 transfer

Im only on day 2 *yawn* :coffee:

Attachments

• ivf.jpg
    ivf.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for that sarah, im reading through it !!!

forgot to mention, gemma had her appointment today and now weighs 3.6kg

im so happy that shes finally of a normal babys birth weight.. my sister was born at 3.5 and was huge. ! gemma is still slender around her legs, so im guessing its bone weight but shes got a chubby face .. happy about weight gain, screamed her head off getting two injections on her thighs.. normal routine vaccines..

awww poor gemma! still the crying last for long? glad she is doing well with her weight. I think its time for some new photos!! :hugs:

omg I love them!!!! there are so many cute ones it would be hard to choose. can you do a card with 4 little windows with different photos, with the words in the middle? I think people will love to see a couple of different ones. you have to show one of lottie laughing like #10 or 13, she is so cute. love #4, #20 and #26 is so cute as it looks like she is squeezing lizzie!!

Im feeling great thanks! little crampy here and there but otherwise fine. its so weird to know I had 2 blasts put in but not know what they are doing right now. if they dont implant I wonder what day they flush out.

Thanks hun!! I've taken your advice and done just that! I'll let you know what it looks like when complete... very simple but I think it's better that way! :D I really like number 26... but think number 24 is a better one of Lizzie

So excited for you! Really can't wait to see if this works for you! I will literally jump for joy!! :D

if any of you are interested here is a list of what happens after a day 5 transfer

Im only on day 2 *yawn* :coffee:

Fabulous, thanks for that... only one week to go then! :dance: :dance:

Thanks for that sarah, im reading through it !!!

forgot to mention, gemma had her appointment today and now weighs 3.6kg

im so happy that shes finally of a normal babys birth weight.. my sister was born at 3.5 and was huge. ! gemma is still slender around her legs, so im guessing its bone weight but shes got a chubby face .. happy about weight gain, screamed her head off getting two injections on her thighs.. normal routine vaccines..

Ahhh... well done Gemma! Lottie was born at 3.8 and Lizzie 3.3... so I think Gemma has done fabulosly well. Both my girls were born with very skinny legs... though Lottie chubbed up a bit later! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->