ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah, aren't you skipping this cycle?

yes, sorry when I said end of this month I was thinking it was Dec 1 already (been working on spa promotions all day that start Dec 1!!). they insist on a month break inbetween IVFs so I have to wait till my next Day 1 which will be end of Dec, early Jan. Im getting my meds ahead of time so if Im in England or away on CD1 I can start the protocol. Its just estrogen for 10 days then ultrasound on CD10 to check lining :thumbup:

Sarah, it's December here if that makes any difference :haha:

Sheryl I'll answer you here so I don't clog up Amy's journal. Due to the rain, DH only got one day of work in two weeks. Yesterday he got in an 8 hour day and he had a 5:45am start this morning but it started raining at 8 and got heavier and they called it a day by 9:30 - he's fine working in the rain but if the construction crews etc call it quits then there's no work :( It's supposed to rain for the rest of the week too...

Hanging on for another month or so though. As soon as baby gets here I'll start getting family assistance payments of $509/fortnight, and a $5400 baby bonus (paid over 13 fortnightly payments, which is going straight to flights to Canada for baby and I in June/July for my cousin's wedding). So at that point if DH has slow weeks it won't matter so much.

I didn't now about the break in etween ivfs! I think ts diff here because I know f a girl doing her second right away I think.....I could be wrong. Now it's dec 1!

Ndh does everyone get the amity assistance money? We don't unless we file for government assistance and need to meet low income standards.

The family assistance is means tested yes - how much you get depends on how much you earn and sadly we're very low income :( But most people (with children obviously) do qualify for some family assistance pay.

The baby bonus is also means tested, but you only don't qualify if your household makes $75,000 in the 6 months after the baby is born, so only really high income earners don't qualify for that one. And the baby bonus is the same for everyone. It's being reduced to $5000 in September (it's been going up about $200 a couple times a year since it was introduced) and they're not increasing it until at least 2015. It was introduced to encourage population growth a while back (not sure how long ago) and used to be a lump sum payment to help with baby expenses, but now that it's paid gradually over 6 months it's not really that helpful for the actual baby related expenses... not that I'm complaining or anything lol.

NDH, hope it dosent rain anymore so that DH can get some hours in ! x FX'd totally understand your worries especially when the baby is due in less than a month.. xx

Wow! I wish they would give a bonus here. Lol. Sounds nice to have. Babies are very expensive though. Good thing you are cloth diapering and breast feeding. That cuts cost a lot.

NY they considered this period a 'breakthrough bleed' whatever that means, and they said something about the ovaries being enlarged so they want a month inbetween. Im bleeding now, its not too much heavier than normal.

I just got a cancellation appointment for Jan 9 with my FS (usually shes booked up months in advance) so thats great as I will see her right before my FET gets going. The timing works out perfectly for me to go home for Christmas and go on that cruise I wanted to go on with hubby! but Im not sure if we will have the money for both, things are still tight after paying for IVF and the spa being slow, plus theres Christmas presents to buy.

I was saying to my husband last night IF I dont get pregnant with my 8 frozen embryos (some might not survive the defrost) then I might consider using a clinic over the border that is less expensive...you get 2 IVFs for the price of 1 here, and I can do the monitoring here and just go down there for the the week of the transfer. They do PGD testing down there, if I had to do another fresh cycle I would like that done so they could see which embryos are good and bad before transferring....then I wouldnt have to go through the months of trying. hopefully it doesnt get to that, but its an option :thumbup:

What state, sarah, New york? Sounds like a great plan! So nice when things fall into place...maybe its a sign.

What state, sarah, New york? Sounds like a great plan! So nice when things fall into place...maybe its a sign.

yes NY, its actually only about 3 hours from where I live. they also do donor eggs if I ever need that route. I really want my hubby to have a biological baby. Being only 29 (30 in a couple of weeks!!) I was joking with him that if this all fails he can go and find a younger woman to have a family with. He hates it when I say that as I am his 'be all and end all, not children'. It was also due to his age that we waited, so its not all my fault!!

flying how are you feeling? I cant believe you had to go through all that. Being on bed rest and not being able to sit comfortbably is really hard, especially with a baby :hugs:

ndh thats great the government gives those grants! but hopefully hubbys work picks up. its been raining here quite a bit, then it snowed yesterday, urggh. Im a bit worried about making my fertility appointments in january in the snow, but luckily there are not as many.

Wow! I wish they would give a bonus here. Lol. Sounds nice to have. Babies are very expensive though. Good thing you are cloth diapering and breast feeding. That cuts cost a lot.

I think there are too many women here having their pregnancies/births paid for and then living on welfare already. It would be interesting though if our government wasn't already racking up such bad debt and was able to pay that. Though I do appreciate the tax breaks we start getting on this years taxes for her.

The family assistance is means tested yes - how much you get depends on how much you earn and sadly we're very low income :( But most people (with children obviously) do qualify for some family assistance pay.

The baby bonus is also means tested, but you only don't qualify if your household makes $75,000 in the 6 months after the baby is born, so only really high income earners don't qualify for that one. And the baby bonus is the same for everyone. It's being reduced to $5000 in September (it's been going up about $200 a couple times a year since it was introduced) and they're not increasing it until at least 2015. It was introduced to encourage population growth a while back (not sure how long ago) and used to be a lump sum payment to help with baby expenses, but now that it's paid gradually over 6 months it's not really that helpful for the actual baby related expenses... not that I'm complaining or anything lol.

Very interesting NDH! I can see why you didn't want to post this on Amy's journal as it was much more complicated than I anticipated. :baby::thumbup:

Sarah, that sounds like a great plan! Hopefully you don't need to go to the States for IVF but it's nice to have the option :) :hugs:

Nikki, yeah fortunately with cloth diapering and breastfeeding our baby related expenses should be very minimal in the first 6 months. I hate the idea of needing government assistance but I'm grateful that it's so substantial. I'm not the type of person to claim something just because it's available - if our income was reliable I'd make due without it even if it was a struggle.

Sheryl, yeah that is a worry and a lot of people here would like to see the baby bonus taken away now - it served it's purpose by stimulating the population but now it's gotten out of hand (was something like $700 when it was first introduced) and people are starting to abuse it. And to hear the stink people are throwing because it's being reduced to "only" $5000... So much feeling of entitlement.

Anyway, my brother and his friends do some short films and they just posted one they filmed the other day. I'm proud of him and want to show him off so here's his newest video - he's Jimmy Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjp-kZOCFM

I can't find the video they came in 4th place in a film festival for but the general consensus by the other filmmakers was they should have won. If I find it I'll post it too :)

I'm doing a lot better Sarah; thanks! I'm having to sit on a doughnut made from a rolled towel to keep the pressure off the wound, but I can sit up a lot more now so I'm not feeling as bad as I was!!! I'm still uncomfy sitting up for too long tho, and tend to go back to lay on the bed for a while to ease it... The nurse is coming every morning to re-dress the wound, it's closing up a bit but is still an inch deep so needs the stuff actually poked and packed into the deep part to prevent it closing over before it's healed from the inside. Not all that pleasant having a virtual stranger come and poke stuff into my butt-cheek every morning, but ah well. Hopefully it'll only be until christmas that it needs to be done, and then it can be left alone by them.... Fingers crossed!

My problem now is that I can't drive. I have a manual car ('stick shift'?) so even if I sit on a doughnut, I need to flex and move my left leg (it's on my left butt-cheek, almost where it becomes the thigh) for the clutch so it's not really possible for me to get out. I'm going for a walk around the block when I feel like it, but at the same time I'm ITCHING to go to a local dog show this weekend, but I can't! Ugh! It also means I have't been to work or to see my boss to talk about work, so that's eating away at me a bit.

But then I take a big breath and look at my son asleep on my lap, and remind myself that it IS all ok, and it IS all worth it; for him. :hugs: for you and Dew; it will happen and it will be amazing!

NDH I felt the same way about being on Medicaid to pay for my pregnancy and birth expenses but we wouldn't have been able to pay our mortgage otherwise with just unemployment income of 415 a week.

NDH how do you spell your name? I know of 2-3 ways to spell it and dont want to offend you! Love the video. Lol. The first thing I thought was, "they need a nicer car for Jimmy Jones to drive up in!" haha.

It's spelled Natalie. I'm not easily offended though lol :)

And haha - they're all students so have to use what they can get vehicle wise. The Prado is my parents' lol. They just filmed it last Tuesday I think. They're very clever. My brother spends far too much money on movie props though. He only works 2 days a week and he's getting married in 7 weeks so he'd better stop collecting for a while lol.

ndh, nice film !! only 6 days to go until youre full term.. !! is it all hitting home now..? are you nervous ?? xx

Flying, glad youre feeling better, though it might suck not being able to drive, it is like yu say, worth it in the end xx

Sarah, hope you get a bfp in jan, and that you dont have to go to the other statexxx

Okmthen it's not you who spells natalee. Someone on here does I think. Just think, in your pregnancy you are pretty much to the point that I had Kian. And that hughles had Logan! Could happen any day, or could be 5 weeks yet!

flying everything about your experience sounds terrible to me :hugs::hugs::hugs: the thought of a 'hole' being cleaned makes me feel quite faint! but you are in heaven being a new mum so Im sure everything is manageable.

ndh my computer speakers are not working for some reason and so I couldnt hear the movie but it looked good! that must be fun to do. and wow, I cant believe our last baby is almost ready. I wish we were ending the year with me pregnant as well, but its not meant to be. but what a year we have had! its amazing to think nearly everyone got their goal.

preethi not long and you will be in australia, im so jealous! its cold and snowing here urghh. i dont think we will have the $ for a cruise at the end of this month and Im thinking after england perhaps I should be back here to relax, have some massages and perhaps acupuncture before my frozen cycle. if we do go we will do last minute.

Im so happy to be going home, just waiting for 1 more cheque then Im going to book the flight. we had a great day at the spa yesterday (finally) but today is so-so :dohh:

im looking forward to my period ending, its been a little more sore and heavy than usual but not too bad. it will be nice to have a month off not thinking about anything. I can recharge my batteries and then start again fresh in the new year :thumbup:

anyone got any new baby photos they want to share on this thread? I dont go to your journals so might be missing out on cute photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->