ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I just booked my flight home :happydance::happydance:
dec 20th - 30th
will probably go down to niagara falls for new years eve.

Yay Sarah! Wow that's coming up so soon! I hope your holiday at home is really lovely :cloud9:

Mom emailed the pictures to me so here are the pictures of my finished diaper bag! In the pictures it's not totally finished (strap is only pinned on rather than sewn, but I didn't feel that it was worth re-taking the photos after I finished it).

Front view:
https://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9263/imgp1957.jpg

Back view with zippered pocket unzipped so you can see the lining:
https://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7812/imgp1954f.jpg

Open from the front:
https://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9461/imgp1953o.jpg

Open from the back:
https://img696.imageshack.us/img696/185/imgp1950a.jpg

It has 5 pockets on the outside - 4 velcro closures and the zippered one at the back. Inside there are 7 pockets (elasticated) and two clips for keys or pacifier. The strap is adjustable so I can wear it either on one shoulder or across the body.

Oh and here's my bump picture taken yesterday at 36+2:

https://img856.imageshack.us/img856/844/imgp1958q.jpg

NDH you made that?? It's awesome and professional looking! You look different than how i pictured but beautiful!

noooo, I can't see photo's uploaded using image shack :hissy:

Sheryl - I want to get that bear for logan for xmas! Of course I was seeing them everywhere, and now that I wanted to buy it I didn't see it anywhere! So typical. Really hoping I find one so I can get it for him.

I thught t was a puppy! What bear are we talking about?

My parents never threatened me with Santa for discipline. Threats only work for that moment and would lose their value very quickly. I always tell Ella how good she was all year. She is amazing and never has needed to be disciplined at all. So Santa is pure fun! And now soon when she knows the truth, it will be our special fun secret each year to not tell kian.

Natalie, that bag is awesome! What kind of material was used to make it stand so stiff? It's really good looking.

Lol. Too funny.

Sarah that's awesome you booked your flight! Will be so fun.

WOW NDH that is amazing!! you should make them for a living, it looks so professional! how on earth did you learn to make something like that?!!

and its so funny, yesterday I was thinking to myself I wanted to ask you for a new bump shot and you posted one! it looks beautiful and you havent put on any weight apart from the bump.

my period is almost over, Im glad as then I can forget about all this TTCing nonsense and enjoy christmas and new year. I started a thread in the assisted folder asking about frozen transfers and there is a couple of successful people who have posted. It would be lovely to get pregnancy in january as that my late dads birthday and our anniversary month (got married on his birthday) and would be an october birth which is my bday month. however so many dates come and go I dont hope for anything anymore!!

Aah sorry Huggles I forgot - will repost them as attachments on here.

Thank you Sheryl :)

Nikki, it's not as stiff as I would have liked it to be, but the outside is interfaced cotton (if I make them again I'd use a heavier weight interfacing). The bottom 2/3ds is quite rigid because of all the extra layers of fabric from the pockets though.

Thanks Sarah :) I keep getting told I should make and sell them but I don't know. It was a lot of work making this one lol. It wasn't exactly hard to do, just tricky fabric to work with and I kept getting ahead of myself and having to undo things... lol.

Attachments

• IMGP1958.jpg
    IMGP1958.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMGP1957.jpg
    IMGP1957.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMGP1954.jpg
    IMGP1954.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMGP1951.jpg
    IMGP1951.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1
Also Sarah, if your January IVF does work, that sounds so ideal :cloud9: I understand that you have a hard time remaining hopeful about it, but I'll be hopeful on your behalf.

yay, thanks for reposting ndh!
Fab bump pic! Whoever said it is right - you haven't picked up any weight, it's all bump. Looks great!
The bag is awesome! Well done!

NDH !!! I CANNOT believe you made that.. that is simply awesome, and i will say you have a gift.. wow so creative.. !!!
Fab bump pic !! xx

Sarah yay for booking your tickets !!! you must be so excited, not far away at all xx enjoy your time with your family, forgetting about IVF for a while. xxx

Hope everyone else is doing great !

Here are 2 videos of logan on his play mat - taken last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_YLFrQeiVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulpK3_cj1M

Sheryl, you asked about him sleeping in his crib - here are 3 pics. The first is him in the camp cot at my mom's house, the second 2 are our camp cot at home where he sleeps every night. One has the change mat over the nappy stuff, the other shows what's under the change mat. He sleeps in the sleep positioning wedge on the one side, where the button print muslin is.

Attachments

• napping at nanas.jpg
    napping at nanas.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6
  • camp cot.jpg
    camp cot.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 6
  • camp cot2.jpg
    camp cot2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 5
Here are some bath pics which i love. Taken at 3 weeks old.

Attachments

• bath time!.jpg
    bath time!.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
  • eek!.jpg
    eek!.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6795f.jpg
    IMG_6795f.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2
  • aaah!.jpg
    aaah!.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
  • ooh!.jpg
    ooh!.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
Makes me wish bath time wasn't a screaming event at our house. :(

That's a good setup with the crib! We have our huge changing table in her room that DH built for me so we have the whole crib available. I love having her face me instead of being on her side because her poop hides in all her cracks and this way I can see it better.

I am in pre-pregnancy jeans now. :cloud9: Getting ready to go have Kristin's picture taken with Santa at the mall.

we have a proper change table in his room which we use during the day. The stuff in his camp cot is for night time nappy changes, and i change him on the bed in front of me, facing me. I just store the stuff in the crib.

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/376131_544275351853_118200218_30666404_1048145577_n.jpg

Cute! She looks like a little elf!

Huggles, Logan's pictures are so adorable too :cloud9:

:hi:

Natalie... LOVE the change bag! You are so clever! Your brother's video is brilliant! Very clever doing that on such a limited budget!

Amy, hope you are feeling better hun!

Huggles, Logan is so cute! Lizzie loves her baths too.. she gets really excited in them! :)

Sheryl, lovely pic of Kristin with Santa!

We are most definitely letting Lottie and Lizzie believe in Father Christmas. He wont be used as a threat - my folks never did with me and Lottie is already well disciplined. Using Santa is not a very effective way of disciplining a child anyway. I need something more immediate so she realises the consequenses of her actions... ie... you misbehave and we leave. So if she plays up while at a friends house, we will take her home. I can't punish her a day or two later for something she's done today as she wont realise why. Let alone half a year later.

I think being a child is a wonderful magical time and I want my children to believe in all things magical and mystical while they can. It's a time when 'anything' is possible in their young minds and I want to encourage that! I want them to dream big!! The other day we were at the grocery store and there was a person dressed as a panda bear. Lottie was in AWE! She couldn't believe the 'teddy bear' was walking and waving... to her it really was like a giant teddy bear had come to life! So we're planning on taking her to DisneyLand in Paris next year to meet Mickey and Tinkerbell... she'll be beside herself!

in other news...things here have been manic with loads of visitors still!!! Lizzie is an angel and started sleeping a 6/7 hour stretch through the night. The last two nights we had a 11pm - 6am stretch of sleep! Long may that continue!

We're rushing around now prepping for our holiday. So much to organise, travelling with two little ones!

Hope you're all okay!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"