ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

my photo's are all on my netbook and i'm currently on my phone, but i'll try upload some later or more likely tomorrow (about to go to bed now).

The link to Kristin's album is in my signature. It has all of my pictures of her on it. I need to wash some new outfits my mom got her yesterday and take some new pics of her in them. One is zebra print and one is a Christmas hat and bib to wear with a red onesie. I was considering taking Kristin to get her picture taken with Santa today but it's nasty weather outside and has been raining. No good reason to risk our safety when mommy is already nervous driving her when it's dry out. DH and I are going to continue his family tradition of not lying to our children about Santa and other mythical creatures like the tooth fairy existing after a long discussion yesterday. I just want the picture though while she's so tiny and he's ok with that.

Amy -- Kristin slept in her room until noon today after being up for that hour and a half last night. That was eating every 3 hours still but I didn't wake her to move her when I got up at 11.

Oh! And I did Kristin's wish list for Christmas on Amazon. Yay!

DH and I are going to continue his family tradition of not lying to our children about Santa and other mythical creatures like the tooth fairy existing after a long discussion yesterday. I just want the picture though while she's so tiny and he's ok with that.

what is the reasoning behind that? I think its all harmless and a fun part of a childrens young years so will be interesting to hear why his family has that tradition. I think 'lying' is a strong word to describe it!

It's hard to explain but they don't want the kids believing in fictional characters. Kaeli (almost 8) is a very well-behaved and grounded child and we had a good chat about how she responds to kids that do believe in Santa.

I'm also not going to encourage the whole believing in santa thing. We'll still KNOW about santa, and talk about him etc, but he'll always be known as a make-believe thing that's just for fun... I just don't like the false santa thing, but don't mind the christmas spirit behind it, so we just won't encourage it to be fully believed like some do. :)

Much better said than I did. DH said I can't even put from Santa on gifts under the tree.

Oh, im milking the Santa thing long as I can with Ella....I assume she may know, but im not ready to stop the "lie" yet! Lol. I am trying to think of ways to continue her belief in him this year, actually...!

Sheryl, Kian is getting that fisher price puppy! Ella had it 7 years ago(amazing, some things dont change) and it was a cute toy she liked.

we will be doing the santa thing, although we call him Father Christmas here. We grew up believing in him and our kids will too. In fact i remember the exact moment my cousin told me he didn't exist and i remember being so upset, not that he was fake, but that she'd told me and taken away my belief in him!

I finished my diaper bag today! I don't have the cable for my phone/camera, but I did take some pictures on my parents' camera so as soon as mom emails the pictures to me I'll post them here. I love it!

Yay for finishing your diaper bag NDH!
btw - today you are at the same point in your pg as when I went into labour!

Here are some logan pics as promised:

Attachments

• 29 days.jpg
    29 days.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • i love mommy.jpg
    i love mommy.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
  • just chilling.jpg
    just chilling.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2
  • napping.jpg
    napping.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2

he is soooo cute!!! :cloud9:do you see yourself or hubby in him?

ndh yay we wanna see the bag!!

ny what toy is that? I will need recommendations when I finally have a bubs!!

Oh, im milking the Santa thing long as I can with Ella....I assume she may know, but im not ready to stop the "lie" yet! Lol. I am trying to think of ways to continue her belief in him this year, actually...!

Sheryl, Kian is getting that fisher price puppy! Ella had it 7 years ago(amazing, some things dont change) and it was a cute toy she liked.

My friend's daughter had that one and we spent a lot of time playing with it. I'm sure her son will be playing with it next year (due in February). My niece is very well-disciplined and I am sure Kristin will be the same so we won't need Santa.

Great pics! Is he napping in his crib? I am curious how Kristin will do in hers and wanting to transition her from her swing already but will wait until she is at least in 0-3 clothes. She looks too tiny right now.

ny what toy is that? I will need recommendations when I finally have a bubs!!

This puppy on my wish list is what she is referring to.

Oh I never thought anyone needed Santa. Im not using him for discipline. My daughter is also very disciplined and I can assure you Santa is not the reason.

I just know I always hated being threatened with Santa not bringing me gifts when I was young.

we also won't be using santa for discipline. I just think it's all a fun part of childhood believing in santa etc.

sarah, i seldom seebanyone in babies, but everyone says he looks like dh. Although he has my nose.
sheryl - the crib he's sleeping in is actually a pack n play at my mom's house. He slept nicely in it. He sleeps in our one at home every night, but he does look so small for it so we've divided it in half lengthways and we have the nappy changing stuff in the one half, and he sleeps in a sleep wedge in the other half which then fits him much better. I'll try post a pic tomorrow if i remember.

Huggles, logan is sooooo cute !! and may i ask if the last pic, the sheet that he is lying on is from mothercares precious bear collection set..? i have everything from that set, absolutely everything.. love it !! xx

Sarah, yay for you being able to book the tickets soon.. and being able to go home to be with your family for christmas... you must love the snow atleast at this period of time, you have a white christmas, and thats part of the whole festive season thing.. i would simply love it.. hope you can go on the cruise.. but then again, if youre going to relax before your cycle, that might be a good idea too . xx your body could maybe do with the rest and gear up for the IVF. xx

about santa, i think when theyre older, they will realise themselves that hes not real, and get over it, so i dont think its lying, but if giving them presents , etc makes them happy and you get them into the spirit, they will, at the age of 9 -10 etc, know its not real and probably understand that we did it for their happiness or something.. dunno lol

just put our tree up today.. !

babyhopes - it's a muslin square. I think it is mothercare brand (we don't have mothercare shop here but one of our local shops stock some of their products). my mom's always wanted to buy muslin squares "cos they're very british" LoL, so she bought me a pack. Half were plain creamy/beige colour, half had that button print.

Kristin still gets the same amount of presents. We just don't tell her they are from Santa.

I went to look for a used peanut sling today around town and couldn't find a peanut brand one, an off brand that wasn't huge or a new carrier that wasn't overpriced. :-(

Sarah did you check out the bear? Those are very popular around here. When I was at BabiesRUs a bit ago there was a lady carrying one around the store with her other stuff.

yes its very cute. If I ever get a baby you girls will have to remember all the things to recommend!!

I decided on a sleepy wrap that I am asking for from my aunt and uncle. :) They are similar to a moby but are supposed to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->