ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I think because we have kept all the treatments and stuff quiet it will be easier to keep the bfp quiet, probably as it will take a while to sink in anyway!!!
I havent had many symptoms, I dont have much appetite and Ive been feeling a weird sensation in the uterus area....its the exact place she had the ultrasound wand for the transfer so it might have implanted right there. its almost like a warm burning feeling....definitely nothing I have felt before (so my thoughts on symptom spotting are correct, its all nonsense!!). I always hoped because its taken me so long that when I finally get a bfp it will stick. Its just that Ive read too many bad stories on here.

I definitely had no appetite and nothing sounded good to me. One day I got soup and crackers from Subway and forced myself to eat some of it.

for years Ive been a comfort eater, really bad....like I couldnt get through an evening without something nice to eat. since starting the acupuncture I have had no cravings at all, its like a miracle. so Ive lost 8 lbs. and now with my lines Ive have even less of an appetite.

hey can someone answer me this.... Ive heard that when you are overweight you dont need to put as much on when pregnant. im 40 lbs over what I should be, so how will they monitor that. Im going to be much healthier now I dont have the cravings plus Im thinking about what I eat more, so I guess I could lose weight and is that ok?? sheryl I know you lost weight in the first tri, I just wondered the ladies who started off with extra weight, what happened with them.

:hi:

Huggles I'm so pleased you guys are home!! what a nightmare...hope Logan is back to 100% health soon!!

Sarah, the whole 1st tri is an awful wait - but we'll be here, watching your pregnancy ticker tick along slowly!! :hugs:
I wanted to ask, are you planning on letting friends know it was IVF? I know some people have an issue mentioning it and others dont. :flower:

re weight.. if you are overweight they like you to not gain too much... I gained about 20lbs with Lizzie, but think I gained more than I needed to. I gained no weight in 1st tri.

Sarah, the whole 1st tri is an awful wait - but we'll be here, watching your pregnancy ticker tick along slowly!! :hugs:
I wanted to ask, are you planning on letting friends know it was IVF? I know some people have an issue mentioning it and others dont. :flower:

all my close friend and family will know, but other people like extended family and not so close friends Im not going to bother telling. Im a bit worried what my inlaws will say as they are quite catholic.....however they pick and chose what they believe in and I know my sister in law is on birth control so I think they will just be ecstatic to be grandparents and not say anything about how we got here.

its just MIL is the type to talk a lot and usually says things to piss me off....like when chris and I first got together we lived together which was a big no no to them and the family....so she would tell me how she didnt tell the polish relatives about the age difference or that we live together as if it was so terrible :dohh: it used to annoy me as my mum would never say something like that to hubby. so Im just worried that she will say something negative about the ivf, but I think I will be strong enough to say something if she does....something like 'please do not belittle our journey and what we went through with negative comments'

:hugs: My MIL was furious when we moved in together (Catholic and Sicilian!!!) so i feel your pain.

She can say what she likes about IVF, once she meets your baby she'll be able to say nothing more... because it'll be thanks to IVF that 'BubbaInCanada' exists :dance:

she better watch her comments when you begin to become "hormonal in canada". you will rip her head off!

Hormones - Maybe that's why my friend and I butted heads last weekend. She's having a baby in a week and a half and I forgot her hormones are probably going nuts right now.

I don't think my in-laws cared that much that we were living together but my parents were livid. They actually found out because my mom showed up at the apartment I had already moved out of months before, tried the key and it didn't work. She kept it to herself for a long time before she asked me about it. I felt bad about keeping the secret but I had only spent the night at that apartment for about 3 days after I moved in because my brother was staying with me that week. I was already basically living with Mark but spending $1000 a month to keep a separate unoccupied apartment.

I never had any betas, nor any tests or heartbeat or anything till the 12 week scan. Up till then I just kept my BFP near-by so I could *look* at it from time to time to remind myself it was true!! lol.

My BFP anniversary is in a week!

We told our family a couple of weeks later; we only waited that long cos it so happened we were seeing them all in person that week! Once the important people knew, we told the rest of the world too; didn't see much point in keeping it secret personally, cos if we lost it I'd want support from all who knew I was preg; not hide it away...

re the weight gain - I was about 20kg overweight when I got pg (both times). With Jarrod I lost 6kg in the first tri, and had only just gained it back by 24 weeks when he was born. With Logan I think I only lost about 2kg first tri, but by 36 weeks when he was born I had only gained a total of 7kg - and i only really started gaining after 20 weeks i think and it was all pg-related as it was all gone by the end of the first week after birth. The dr said 10-15kg is normal, anything under 10kg is great. I think if you have a fair amount of extra weight to start with, then you really don't need to worry about not gaining or even about losing a little. Just don't make a point of going on diet to lose weight. BUt if you're eating normally/healthily then i wouldn't worry.

Hugglea, sorry about logan, hope he is doing better now.. . cant imagine what youv e been through..xx

i myself have not been on since yesterday as i had gastro 9food poisoning and have been vomiting etc, and all this after i came to my mums yesterday. i went to the hospital , was put on IV drips etc.. not a pleasant experience.

Sarah, i wouldnt give two hoots about what youre MIL says, about the age difference, loads of people will attack us and say things,and all i can say is, if the celebs can do it and stay happy, then why not us, we are after all people too and if we find happiness in our men, and our lives then so be it. im sure people can find other reasons to pick on us, other than our age difference in our relationships. xx

im sure youre betas are going to be awesome, i cant wait... !!!

ive heard too sarah that you dont need to gain more weight if you are overweight, not sure about it though, best to ask your gyno.xxxx

eek exciting times ahead for sarah xxx :headspin:

dont be worried about the no symptoms thing, i had no symptoms whatsoever and thank god, havent puked even once, during my pregnancy.. (i was troubled by loads of other issues as you can remember ) !! made up for all the loss of normal pains and puking !

cant wait for tomorrows betas sarah ! x

hope you feel better soon Preethi :hugs:

Sarah... I'm here... waiting patiently ..... ok..... not so patiently! what time you expecting the results????

well beta is done, its out of my hands now! seeing as Ive been getting positives since monday I hope its a good one. I got the positive on the digital on wednesday and so if that was at least a 25 then friday should be 50 and so Im hoping for over 50! (Im assuming the blood tests and home tests use the same numbers??).

mummy I dont get the results till tomorrow! as I go to a lab near my house and they fax the results to my clinic later tonight and the clinic will call tomorrow. And I think they do all their egg retrievals and transfers before they do the calls :dohh:

I just found out we have to go to church and to the inlaws tomorrow, so I probably wont get the call before I leave. So Im not sure if I will check the messages or wait till I get home. If its low and I check while out I wont be able to act all happy around my inlaws. So I will probably wait.

I put my test today in my spoilers, its the same darkness as the control line now

[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Hugglea, sorry about logan, hope he is doing better now.. . cant imagine what youv e been through..xx

i myself have not been on since yesterday as i had gastro 9food poisoning and have been vomiting etc, and all this after i came to my mums yesterday. i went to the hospital , was put on IV drips etc.. not a pleasant experience.

Sarah, i wouldnt give two hoots about what youre MIL says, about the age difference, loads of people will attack us and say things,and all i can say is, if the celebs can do it and stay happy, then why not us, we are after all people too and if we find happiness in our men, and our lives then so be it. im sure people can find other reasons to pick on us, other than our age difference in our relationships. xx

im sure youre betas are going to be awesome, i cant wait... !!!

ive heard too sarah that you dont need to gain more weight if you are overweight, not sure about it though, best to ask your gyno.xxxx

eek exciting times ahead for sarah xxx :headspin:

dont be worried about the no symptoms thing, i had no symptoms whatsoever and thank god, havent puked even once, during my pregnancy.. (i was troubled by loads of other issues as you can remember ) !! made up for all the loss of normal pains and puking !

cant wait for tomorrows betas sarah ! x

omg preethi you poor thing! are you feeling ok?

my inlaws are obviously fine about the age difference now but it was the early months she kept mentioning it. I did confront her about it and she said she thought its there so why not talk about it, but I guess being english we dont talk about things if they seem rude. we are just very different! I suppose if my 20 yr old son was dating a 29 yr old I would be unsure too. I just dont want her to say anything about the IVF, and if she does I will probably yell at her!!

Oh, and for the weight thing; try not to obsess over it! Soooooo many women I see online are really obsessing over the weight they gained while preg, and some (already very overweight women) gained *heaps* of weight too. But you can't really control it, so try not to worry about it! Just eat as healthy as you can (cravings and nausea etc can affect that a lot though later!) and keep active, but don't worry about dieting or exercising lots or anything. There is no one figure that is "bad" to gain. You might remember I LOST weight; I weighed less at 42 weeks pregnant than I did when I got my BFP, so once I had Caleb I lost even more; I'm currently 15kg down from this time last year. For some, that's normal, for others they gain weight. Don't worry about it, you're not really obese like me, so there is no need to worry at all hun!!!

I'm 10 lb down from this time last year. It's hard to believe having a baby helped me lose weight. Now I just need to firm up my belly.

Sarah, you were asking about PP bellies the other day, I have yet to get a photo of mine, but check out this awesome site: https://theshapeofamother.com/

And, will you create a pregnancy journal (where I'm sure all of us will still join in!) and leave this thread to fade away, or stay here?

yeah feeling much better sarah and mummy, thanks. :)

sarah, cant wait for the beta numbers. !!

the test looks amazing ! xx

and about your inlaws with the whole ivf process, well if they do happen to cringe about it, explain to them that regardless of the method conceived, at the end of the day, it is chris's sperm and your eggs that made it and so it is 100 % family, and the intervention might have been needed but it has given you, your precious baby and them a grandchild!

its amazing what youve been through and it is going to be worth it, im sure they will see in the end xx

sorry just got back from a family dinner! I called into the clinic on the way to the church at 12 noon and they didnt have my results from the lab yet :growlmad: so I had to wait till we were done church and in the car away from my inlaws and get my home messages. so my beta is....

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I have to go and get another done tomorrow, so will know those results on tuesday. hope it doubles [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->