ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Aww... I found something that makes me broody. :-( Taking maternity clothes off hangers and stacking them to put away tomorrow. So pretty. Such a waste! But I need to firm up my tummy so I'm not self-conscious about it. No hiding it in flowy maternity clothes!

7 weeks is definitely a good time for a scan - you'll definitely see a heartbeat by then!

Just a word of warning - don't be upset/shocked/worried if baby measures a week or so behind at that scan. With both my pg I measured a week (or maybe even 10 days?) behind at my first scan (which was i think 7 or 8 weeks), and then a few days behind at the next scan (11 weeks), and then exactly right at the 12/13 week NT scan. Early on even a fraction of a millimeter can mean a couple of days, so if they don't get the measurement exactly 100% (which is very difficult when the bean is still so tiny), then their dates can be a bit off.

Very good point Huggles! :thumbup:

Sheryl.. every time I see a pregnant woman I get broody! :dohh: :rofl:

I would like to invite you all to look at my new spoiler :haha:
I feel so much better having the ticker!!
can you tell Im bored....after 2 years of non stop TTC stuff its weird to just be waiting :coffee:

:haha: oh you crack me up! I thought you'd caved and put a preggy ticker in.. so giggled when I saw it was a coutdown!

Waiting is the pits! BUT.... I think it's so super lovely that you're getting to experience this and that we are all here supporting you! Counting down the days with you! :hugs:

:haha: yes you were supposed to think that mummy!!

I just did a digital to see if it changed from 1-2 weeks and it saya 3+ weeks! Im 19dpo so close. I go to see my family doctor on monday as my clinic refers me back to her once theres a pregnancy so I might ask her for a sneaky beta next week :wacko:

Yay love the ticker. 7 weeks will be good most likely wont be disappointed if you dont see the beat yet. Sometimes 6 weeks is iffy and causes unecessary worry if they can't find it yet.
I so cant wait!!!

yes Im glad they do the ultrasound at 7 weeks, its just so long to wait. If my doctor can do a beta next week that will keep me going. online is says to get 3+ weeks on a digital your hcg has to be over 2000....I hope thats true as it was 442 on monday. ok going to forget about pregnancy now and enjoy my evening!!

:rofl: You big tease! :D

3+ is awesome... this bean is going to be a good little bean and stick nicely! :thumbup:
Oooh... will be nice if your docs do some bloods for you! Hope they do!

I hope so!
I wonder if many people have great hcg levels and then find theres no heartbeat, do you know? like if hcg is rising well does that mean everything is probably ok? I know one girl on here whose betas we good and there was no heartbeat and she had a d&c after, I just wondered if that was the norm (not trying to be depressing just wondered!)
p.s you look so beautiful in your profile pic! and lizzy is so cute, definitely starting to look like big sis!

lol, ur ticker is amazing....xxxx itsgoing to be so worth the wait.. x

do love ur profile pic mummy xxx

lol, i was also totally expecting to see a pg ticker!

I think it would be unusual to have beta's rising nicely and then find no heartbeat, but I'm no expert in that. But I do know when beta's start dropping a m/c usually follows shortly after, so I'd think consistently rising beta's would be good.
Although I think i read somewhere that they only rise for a certain number of weeks, so like you can't go doing beta's when you're 16 weeks pg already. I could be wrong though, my brain is fried so i might be making that up.

I hope so!
I wonder if many people have great hcg levels and then find theres no heartbeat, do you know? like if hcg is rising well does that mean everything is probably ok? I know one girl on here whose betas we good and there was no heartbeat and she had a d&c after, I just wondered if that was the norm (not trying to be depressing just wondered!)
p.s you look so beautiful in your profile pic! and lizzy is so cute, definitely starting to look like big sis!

Thank you honey. it'll be so interesting to see how she looks when she's 2 :) will answer your question further down...

lol, ur ticker is amazing....xxxx itsgoing to be so worth the wait.. x

do love ur profile pic mummy xxx

Thanks Preethi :flower:

lol, i was also totally expecting to see a pg ticker!

I think it would be unusual to have beta's rising nicely and then find no heartbeat, but I'm no expert in that. But I do know when beta's start dropping a m/c usually follows shortly after, so I'd think consistently rising beta's would be good.
Although I think i read somewhere that they only rise for a certain number of weeks, so like you can't go doing beta's when you're 16 weeks pg already. I could be wrong though, my brain is fried so i might be making that up.

Sarah, I agree with Huggles.. :thumbup: I think good rising beta's are a good sign that the baby is growing as it should... I also think falling beta's are a very clear sign that things might not be good... that being said, there is always the chance that at some point in the pregnancy (mostly before 12 weeks) where something critical needs to develop, there is always a small chance that development goes wrong. Sadly there is no way to know what's going on, so you can only try to be positive and while you have no signs that anything is wrong, to believe you have a healthy baby growing inside xxxx

oh and I quite liked this site when I was pregnant with Lottie... https://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnancy/calendar/week/5

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151236917795389.810885.643955388&type=3&l=789f2bf1fd

for those not on my FB (I think just Huggles) I finally put up pics of Saranna.

She's lovely honey! Such big eyes :cloud9: I have to add that you look gorgeous!!! Cant even tell you were pregnant 2 days previous :flower:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151236917795389.810885.643955388&type=3&l=789f2bf1fd

for those not on my FB (I think just Huggles) I finally put up pics of Saranna.

she is gorgeous!! and you look amazing too, I agree with mummy!

I teared up at the comment
"Staring at daddy - she sure loves her dad and looks for him in a room first."
as mum tells me that how I was with my daddy and growing up I always felt a special bond with him. :cry: she is lucky to have you both :cloud9:

NDH they are great! You were dressed so nicely when you left you look like a visitor, not a patient.

Mummy- yea its somewhere a bit further along that if you take preg test wouldnt show very dark or something. Least thats what I heard but that could be wrong too!

Sarah- i would say be sneaky and ask for one more:) then you'd be putting your mind at ease that they're still raising well and would fill in the gap that you need to wait for your ultrasound. I had a tough time between like 7 weeks and 10 weeks of no ultrasounds or anything but still was spotting so just assumed our 10 week appointment would be bad news. Thats the day we heard the heartbeat on doppler at the office so it was amazing! Im sure you will get there too:)

NDH- love your pics! shes soooo cute:)

great pics NDH! Wow, 3.6kg at birth - such a big girl :)
And awesome that they put her in cloth from her very first diaper!
She's so happy and calm in the bath!
Her great-grandparents look so young!
I love the pic of her holding your finger.
omg, she looks so teeny in the cot by the bed!
She's a real cutie :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->