ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

sarah, thank god you got the prescription, i mean you do need your nutrition, not just for he baby but for yourself to feel better too.. xx i hope it helps !!

i knew your scan day was on the 21st, and it is 21st today in dubai 9:20am , so it must still be the 20th night there.. waiting impatiently.. xx

sheryl, i generally out her down after her feed and a cuddle for burp, she does tend to go to sleep after about 10 - 15 mins after her feed, she loves sleeping with a blanket otherwise she is sometimes unsettled. she likes her dummy too, and im trying not to make it a habit x

Caleb rarely sleeps anywhere else! lol. I have my computer set up that he feeds to sleep and then sleeps on a pillow in my lap while I surf the web. I can move him if he's in a deep sleep, and sometimes I do do that, but he will generally only last the first sleep cycle (45 mins) before waking again. Whereas if I have him on my lap/arms then he might stir after the first sleep cycle, but I can pop the boob back in and drift him back to sleep for a second round easily. Failing that he easily sleeps in the wrap, both on my back and my front. Yes it means he's in my arms, the wrap, or on my lap for hours and hours a day. I wouldn't have it any other way. :cloud9:

If I need to get something done, then at times I do feed him to sleep on the bed (we bed-share) and then once he's asleep I get up, leaving him to nap alone. But it generally will only last that one sleep cycle if he's alone so it's usually easier to pop him into the wrap and carry on with stuff if I want him to sleep longer.

IMO there is NO way to spoil a baby. As infants, their wants ARE their needs; there is no difference to them and their brain simply cannot comprehend complex adult behaviours and emotions (like guilt, spoiling, manipulating, bribery etc), heck, they can't even comprehend time; they live very much in the 'now; they don't know what 'soon' or 'later' is.

My job in life now, is to meet the needs of my boy, so yup, if he wants to sleep in my arms and no where else, then that's what we'll do. Yup it means things don't get done, but it is my life now, and it WILL pass! He will learn to be independent and confident because he knows when he needs me, I am here.

It'll be interesting when it comes to baby #2, cos I'll then be trying to meet the needs of two kids at once and my 'high and mighty' stance of meeting my kids needs may indeed falter, but we will tackle that when we get to it. :haha:

Basically, you cannot possibly "spoil" a baby. IMO. :kiss:

Saranna is currently napping all snuggled on my dad :cloud9: She was sleeping with her head on my shoulder for quite a while and then when dad came for a cuddle he took her and she's asleep the same way on him and didn't even stir.

I find that if I want to get anything done around the house during the day I'm better off putting her on the floor for some play time (she especially loves naked time on the floor) rather than trying to put her down for a nap. My computer setup isn't easy for typing with her on my lap though so I seldom type much these days unless I'm on my phone or Saranna is with her daddy or in her swing and when I'm on my phone messages are short cause I hate typing on it. I'm getting a tablet as soon as my baby bonus comes through (this week or next week probably) so it should be easier for me to type and get baby snuggles.

I dont think you can spoil a baby. Enjoy the cuddles while you can.

Lizzie naps on her own as I have a toddler that needs entertaining. It's a bit of a balancing act with two at home!!

Sarah............ it's almost 9am UK time... so I think I might have 6 more hours to wait?? Not sure on the time difference. Sorry you've not been well honey, but it's a great sign and hopefully as you start nearing 2nd tri you'll feel better :)

xxx

Okay.... by my watch (google clock) I make it about 11:15am in Sarah Land! So hoping that she's had the scan now and out celebrating with a nausea drop/ginger tea/cream cracker! :haha:

Honey I'm keeping everything crossed that it's all gone well! xx

I agree that babies can't be spoiled. I figured if he needs or wants to be held all the time, thats just his need but he will not need or want to be held at 10 years old so no harm done! Lol. My daughter wanted to be held a lot too and people would tell me im spoiling her but I never thought that was the case. Well, she's just fine now! Much better behaved than most kids im friends with, thats for sure.
Although, yes, if another comes when Kian is younger, that baby will most likely not be held as often as either Ella or Kian because they've had my full attention. Would be interesting!

I am getting anxious to see Baby!

we have a heartbeat
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

omg what a sound! I burst out crying straight away.

so Im waiting to go in and im already tearing up as so nervous and still feeling shakey due to being in bed all week. they call me in and insert the vaginal ultrasound. after a minute she says 'well theres definitely a uterine pregnancy' and then there was silence which felt like ages. and then suddenly a heartbeat sound filled the room :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: it was the best sound Ive ever heard! the heartbeat was 156bpm.

Im measuring 7 weeks 4 days, no idea what that means as Im 7 weeks today going from LMP. does that mean I say Im 7 weeks 4 days now? Ive never understood how they work that out. If I do a ticker and say from my LMP is only says 7 weeks so should I go 4 days back?

so happy, just 5 more weeks to get through, and this darn sickness (but today made it more bearable) :cloud9: will get a photo up tonight!

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

I'm soooooooo happy for you guys!!! :cloud9: How was hubby? Did he cry too???

So what I would do... though it's all up to personal preference... is use your LMP date to create a ticker for now... so it'll read 7 weeks. (keep in mind that you may be 4 days more pregnant - which might just mean baby is just ahead of dates which is a good thing!) and then at your 12 week scan they will give you an official due date (obviously we all know that they very rarely arrive on that day) but if it then differs to your LMP date then change your ticker to reflect your due date!

Make sense? BUt as I said.... that's how I'd do it.... not all people would do it the same... it's all down to personal preference! :thumbup:

Completely made up for you honey! :cloud9:

OH YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headspin: :headspin: :headspin: I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU... :cloud9: xxxxx

TOLD YOU everything was going to be and im so over the moon for you... you and your dh deserve this and some more. xxx sarah :cloud9:

from what i gathered from what your gyno said, i think its 7+4, 7 weeks and 4 days going onto your 8th week ? there will always be 4 -6 days back and forth in your scan measurement dates and they usually dont mean anything.. i was told that the most accurate date is when you have your NT scan (12 week scan)

YAYYYYYYYY looking forward to the rest of your preg journal... xxxxxxxxx stay strong lil bean xxxx

thanks everyone!!

so hubby and I havent :sex: since the bfp, mainly because of the gooey progesterone and estrogen oozing out of me 24/7 :haha: plus we just decided not to. so I wondered about you all, I cant remember you talking about it, did you BD at all? I just cant imagine all that 'pounding' near bub :blush: I guess we could have a slow and gentle session LOL things we talk about!!

well... that department is foreign to me at the moment, dh has had a sports injury surgery for his back on the 6th of feb and we havent really bd'd since after end of jan, as i had food poisoning, and he just had his stitches removed today, so yep, lol !

bding when the baby is asleep and in her own crib is not an issue as the baby isnt awake, but i guess its different and individual choice, at the end of the day, youre not always in an ideal situation, weve got a one bed apt. x

yipee! So happy for you sarah!

Like mummy said - i would do my ticker according to lmp. The 12 week scan gives the most accurate measurement so you can always adjust it then.

We bd'd a few times in first tri, maybe 3 times. Nothing after about 11 weeks though as i had the stitch in at 13 and no bd'ing allowed after that.

Sorry for just a 1 word message earlier Sarah. It was 4am and i was feeding the baby so only had one hand free and my arm was fully extended due to feeding lying down so without glasses i couldnt type anything but gibberish. I am thrilled beyond words for you though! The risj of mc goes down considerablt once youve seen the hb. Im sooo jealous you got to hear it! I had to wait til 17 weeks to heae it and even then just for a second.

I agree with what the others said about the ticker.

I think we only had sex 7 or 9 times throughout my pregnancy. Cant remember about first tri but i think a couple times.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Ohhh Sarah! At last!!! I'm so soooo happy for you! You are growing a baby!!! Go YOU!

As for the ticker, are you 7 weeks if you go by your ovulation date as well? I know it was a frostie, but it was a 5 day transfer wasn't it? So it was effectively 5 days old when it was thawed and put back, in which case you could say your 'ovulation' was 5 days before the egg transfer (it wasn't, but that would be the age of the egg...) I THINK that would put your dates to 7w3d? LMP dates are only used if you don't know when you ovulated/when the egg was fertilised (most women have no idea, but they DO know when their LMP was) but LMP dates are often wrong cos soooooooo many women don't ovulate on CD14!
You should be able to get a ticker that will accept your ovulation date rather than your LMP, and that'll be the most accurate.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Ohhh Sarah! At last!!! I'm so soooo happy for you! You are growing a baby!!! Go YOU!

As for the ticker, are you 7 weeks if you go by your ovulation date as well? I know it was a frostie, but it was a 5 day transfer wasn't it? So it was effectively 5 days old when it was thawed and put back, in which case you could say your 'ovulation' was 5 days before the egg transfer (it wasn't, but that would be the age of the egg...) I THINK that would put your dates to 7w3d? LMP dates are only used if you don't know when you ovulated/when the egg was fertilised (most women have no idea, but they DO know when their LMP was) but LMP dates are often wrong cos soooooooo many women don't ovulate on CD14!
You should be able to get a ticker that will accept your ovulation date rather than your LMP, and that'll be the most accurate.

thank you :happydance:
yes if I go by my 'ovuation' I am 7 weeks 3days, if I add 2 weeks onto the ovulation date. its just confusing to me to add 2 weeks on!

Amy did I spoil Sarah's news for you earlier when I told you I was excited for her?

Oh MY! This is such great news. I am so relieved right now. I think I want it for you so bad that im worrying too much and kind of feared to come on today. I hope you don't take that wrong, I just really care for your little bean and am as anxious about it as yoU! Now im feeling 100% confident that this is really it and its here to stay. Hugs from MN to Canada.

Idk about the ticker, mine was an estimate since they put me back a week....

And BD. What's that?!? Lol. We didn't do it at all during pregnancy. Something I just didn't trust to do after miscarriage. I know its not supposed to cause it in any way, but I spent a whole 1st trimester spotting and sure I'd lose this baby too, there was no way I wanted anything up there at ALL. So, we didn't even once. Lol. Poor us but you get used to it!

I hope you start to feel better...well not til 2nd tri:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->