ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

thanks NY :hugs::kiss:

I was so happy to hear a heartbeat and now just have to get through another 5 weeks, then I can rest a bit more. I have an apt at a midwife place here in my hometown at 10 weeks, and I think they will order my 12 week ultrasound. so more waiting!

I know the risks reduce once you see a strong heartbeat so Im feeling hopeful and less cautious than before, but still a little cautious. Someone was telling me its the 9 week placenta take over that is really the part to get past, not so much 12 weeks. But seeing as I dont have an ultrasound till 12 weeks I might now know till 12 weeks anyway.

very nauseous today, hoping the medication just takes some time to kick in. I havent been taking all 4 pills everyday as Im still reluctant, but the sickness makes me not eat and be woozy all day so I should take them. I think feeling sick all day everyday is just the worst, of all the sicknesses. but I wont complain :happydance:

Yay pics!!!!!!!! you have a baby!!! :D

haha Sheryl, I had full confidence there was gonna be a heartbeat and had already read it before you said, but I hadn't gotten around to replying till a bit later!!

And yeah, just go by your ovulation date (or just say your LMP was 31st dec to get the same effect) for a ticker then, cos it matches the scan so closely it really doesn't matter...

And yes, the whole gestation thing starting from your LMP is so crazy; you spend 2 weeks of your pregnancy not pregnant... LOL! It's cos docs never used to know how ovulation and pregnancy occurred, so they went by what they did know; when your LMP was and then when you have missed your next one it means you're pregnant. Little did they know actual conception occurred in the middle of there somewhere! So the moment you GET preg at ovulation, you're actually already 2 weeks along... lol. Crazy! But it does mean you're close to 8 weeks pregnant already! woot!

So are you gonna do a ticker now?

Ooo, I just did a hand casting of Caleb, I'm so excited to see how it'll come out! He cried to get the mould, but it was short lived and if it's worked then it'll be an awesome keepsake... I wish I'd done it as a newborn, but never did, so ah well. He's still a baby anyway!!! I'm gonna do a foot one tomorrow... hehe

yay for scan pics!

mommies - what do you do for lunch/snacks? I'm famished cause Sara is being super clingy today and screams the second i put her down even if shes sound asleep (doesnt wake up) and my carrier doesnt really work for around the house as i cant sit/squat in it so i just have the one arm and nothing i can make one handed. looking for suggestions for when i go shopping next. its 2pm and all ive eaten is a peach and a granola bar :(

Sarah- i never knew that about the placenta...I thought it took over at 12 weeks! LOVE the pics. I can see your little bean and it's yolk sac:) You must be so happy. Congrats.

NDH- sandwhiches or left overs for lunch.... Oatmeal cream pies or pretzels for snack. Or carrots cuz holding Kian sometimes I can't even wash fruit....Oh, and hummus and pretzel chips are a huge snack as I can do that one handed while nursing. Prewash grapes one night and snack on those one handed, peanuts for lots of protein, celery in peanut butter, raisins, cheese sticks. Im constantly starving with nursing so have to eat a ton. Often though, i dont have lunch til 3 pm!

Great pics sarah! And that's a great yolk sac there next to beanie!

Great idea's ny :thumbup:
I normally have leftovers from the previous night's supper, but i normally eat while logan's asleep in his cot. He also spends a fair amount of time sitting in his chair or lying on the floor playing so i tend to have my hands free quite a bit.

oh sarah, loveeeeee the pics of your bub xxx yay......... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hoping the sickness eases for you xxx

NDH, i dont want to sound like the odd one out, but i am able to have lunches and dinners as gemma sleeps straight after her feed 10 mins or so, and then i can put her down and eat, or cook.. xx

ny, your snacks are so much more healthier than mine.. i tend to eat junk food quite a lot and your choices of food, although busy all the time seem very very healthy.. x

i suppose baby carrot sticks are easier to eat Ndh, you get spicy hummus dips and stuff, i guess ready made salad sandwiches just for today is an option if you dont have time for cooking, i cant cook everyday x

oh Sarah.....look at your gorgeous little baby! :cloud9: Is it hard to imagine that in another 8 months that little bean will be about 7lbs and in your arms??? :cloud9: The gift of life is just amazing!!

NDH, I manage to make food as Lizzie will nap or play on her playmat after her feed and I kind of HAVE to make breakfast/lunch/dinner for Lottie so I make for myself at the same time!

Most days she's content to be in her swing or lie on the floor etc, either awake or asleep, long enough for me to get stuff done. But every once in a while she has a super fussy day and won't be put down even for a second. Oh well. And I've just remembered that I have leftover pancakes from last week in the freezer I could have heated and eaten one handed :dohh: Oh well.

Sarah... the thread title needs changing :D..... you can keep the closed group bit.... but I think it's a little bit official that you are now pregnant :dance:

:hugs: NDH... they'll have days like that! Then you need to make sure Sara has been fed, burped, changed and if all has been done. Take 2 or 3 min and make a sandwich or something for yourself. Not eating enough will effect your milk supply so you need to try eat about 500 calories more than you normally eat. She may whinge for a couple minutes, but you do need to eat. :hugs:

ha mummy! I think I will want till my 12 week scan to make any changes or tickers. I admore people who can put them up the minute they get their bfp, but Im too cautious to do that yet.

man I am sick, and I sleep to 11am each day. this morning I woke up needing to vomit and it was all acid that came up. I feel so weak and just generally woozy its hard to walk around and act normal. We are going to the inlaws tonight to tell them so I cant wait to quickly tell them then I can lie on their couch!

hubby put my computer into my bedroom so I dont have to move far. Luckily Im not swamped with work right now and been able to just do a few hours per day.

Sarah I can't believe you are only 7 weeks and have had a harder time already than I had my entire pregnancy. :(

I should have known I would get bad NVP as I am very sensitive in general, get sick easily etc. My mum said she was the same and it didnt last..so hoping once the placenta takes over it goes :wacko:

I agree with Mummy. K is always fussy when it's time for me to make dinner. I have tried to adjust to pre-cooked meats so that I can make faster meals but it's not going to be sustainable. I sadly looked at the wonder weeks schedule yesterday and should have 5 whole weeks of clingy/fussy baby ahead of me starting about now.

OH man, I have a tough time around dinner time also. And I need to cook dinner for the family usually before Ella is off to an activity by 6 pm so its very stressful as he is screaming mad and im trying to mold a meatloaf or something. I hate dinner time!

Sarah- so sorry oyou feel so badly. Its a shame that you can't enjoy your wonderful news quite yet, but hope it fades. But then you'll be scared that you aren't sick and wish you were! Lol. Trust me.

NY does Kian give your DH a hard time when he tries to entertain him? Kristin is not happy once she realizes I am out of her sight. I don't know how our babysitters did it. The best time I have that she is awake (to step away) is after I feed her in the morning and prop her up on her boppy on the couch. I get breakfast from the kitchen (something easy), come back, sit by her and she smiles at me most mornings while I eat. I can't wait for her to be old enough to have food. Hopefully at her checkup in a few weeks her doctor will say it's ok. I can't wait to try rice cereal, avocados, bananas and sweet potatoes.

I think Kian gets pissed when I leave the room because the milk lady is not near. Lol. He wants his foods close at all times. I also have the best time with him in the morning after a feed. This morning I did a ton while he was happy and content. I could not dream of getting so much done any other time of day.

We did try oatmeal around 4 months and he didn't like it much so we may try again sunday (his 5 month mark). I am researching Baby Led Weaning. I received the Baby Bullet for food making, but if I do the baby led then wont be making puree foods. Not sure yet what I think.

i think we're likely to do a mix of blw and puree foods. I think it's great for them to hold stuff and chew on it and try feed themselves, but i also think there's a place for pureed foods. Not really planning on introducing solids before 5 months at the earliest though, but will see how things go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->