ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

yay for looking at baby stuff though! It will start feeling way more real now that you are starting to learn about the different stuff!!!! The research never ends I swear; there's so much stuff to keep looking up!!! lol.

GOOD LUCK for the scan, it'll be amazing! :D

Good luck for your scan today!

We're busy looking into buy a 'proper' carseat for logan and one of the ones i came across is Bambino Britax. Not sure if it's the same as the one you saw, but it looked really nice.

Britax is a good brand. We have Steelcraft which is a sub brand of Britax.

Happy scan day!

Yup yup... Britax is the leading car seat manufacturer in the UK :thumbup:

Happy Scan Day!!! :dance:

What time is the scan???

yay for scan day today, its 2pm here, cant wait to see the pic and hear all about it !! xxx :cloud9:

hi everyone!! just got back from the scan, everything looks good and heartbeat good :cloud9: she wasnt that friendly, its just an imaging place in town that the midwife sends you too. She said the HB was normal 'in the 150's', all other measurements etc get sent back to the midwife. The sheet said 1.2mm Nuchal Translucency and 50mm/5cm Crown to Rump.

I also went for blood after as part of the integrate screening, those results wont come back till after I do the 2nd round at 16 weeks.

heres the pic! it looked better on screen and we could see a lil hand by its face, but this photo isnt that great. hey you should all share your 12 week scan photos!! Im actually only 11 weeks 3 days judging by my last measurement, or she said 11 weeks 1 day judging by the transfer date.

So just a couple weeks until Im officially in 2nd tri, then we can have a booby party :holly:

Attachments

• bub.jpg
    bub.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 5
omg sarah.............:cloud9: brings tear to my eye, that is absolutely amazing.. xx xyour nuchal measurements are soooo great too !!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx im so ecstatic for you xxxxxxxxxxxx aaaahhhhhhhhhh were goin to have a biggg boobie party for you :holly:

:kiss: :hugs:

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Look at your BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

PS.. I agree with Preethi... fab nuchal numbers! I know someone who had a downs baby, the nuchal fold was 5mm! so your number is perfect!!

What a great image of little one too!!! :cloud9: NOW the fun begins, shopping, names.... TICKERS!!!! :haha:

Off to find my 12 week scans for you to look at!

Here's Lottie... 12 weeks and 51mm

316_73250635105_770885105_4103147_6946_n.jpg

Here's Lizzie... not sure her length at this scan..

221990_10150559671550106_770885105_18203565_5767698_n.jpg

mummy its amazing to see them as I can picture the beautiful girls they have turned into :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: so amazing!!

do they look for NT again or is that the only measurement they do? I go for bloods again at 16 weeks, and then the report is calculated and sent to my midwife so I assume thats it, as I dont get another scan till 20 weeks.

and I will put my ticker up at 13 weeks 4 days :haha:

although Im not sure when Im that, going by my transfer date Im 11w1d today, but going by my last scan measurement Im 11w3d today. I didnt get a measurement today as the report is given to my midwife, I dont see her till april 10.

is it known as the safest? thats what the man at the store said, but we werent sure if he was just selling us you know. I didnt get that vibe from him but hubby never believes salespeople!!

yay for your scan!!! look at you lil bub there!!! :cloud9:

here is Caleb at 12w 6d:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_1777.jpg

mummy its amazing to see them as I can picture the beautiful girls they have turned into :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: so amazing!!

do they look for NT again or is that the only measurement they do? I go for bloods again at 16 weeks, and then the report is calculated and sent to my midwife so I assume thats it, as I dont get another scan till 20 weeks.

and I will put my ticker up at 13 weeks 4 days :haha:

although Im not sure when Im that, going by my transfer date Im 11w1d today, but going by my last scan measurement Im 11w3d today. I didnt get a measurement today as the report is given to my midwife, I dont see her till april 10.

Ahh.. thanks honey! :cloud9:

The way it worked in the UK was that we got blood taken at the same time (before/after) as the NT scan and combined it would come back with high or low risk... but given your nuchal fold measurement I'd say you're in with a good chance of low risk! :thumbup: <---- I'm not a health professional of course... so just saying from my experience... the number looks good!

is it known as the safest? thats what the man at the store said, but we werent sure if he was just selling us you know. I didnt get that vibe from him but hubby never believes salespeople!!

Well... not sure that they can claim to be THE safest! They are certainly a leading brand and their seats would have to meet certain safety tests and regulations to be allowed on the shelves... some would argue that the rear facing seats are the most safe and each brand would probably have a list of reasons why their seat is better than the rest! :shrug:

But they sell a lot of seats, they are well priced and good value for money.

yay for your scan!!! look at you lil bub there!!! :cloud9:

here is Caleb at 12w 6d:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_1777.jpg

Oh My Gosh... I can't remember seeing this,... I probably did... but now seeing Caleb as the little boy he is... you can see how chilled out he looks in the uterus! :haha: also... look at your advanced child.. trying to sit up at 12 weeks gestation! :cloud9: thanks for sharing Amy! :flower:

ps... I know that he could be upside down in this pic and it's just the way the image is displayed... but I think it looks cute that he appears to be lounging on the uterus wall! :cloud9:

i cant seem to find gemmas 11 week scan pic, as i think its in my old laptop that does not work anymore.. but thought id shARE HER 20-23 week scan pic to give you a taste of whats yet to come ? x:cloud9:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 13
Wow sarah that NT measurement is fantastic! The lady that did our NT testing said that the measurement itself gives an 80% accurate result (meaning you can say with 80% certainty whether or not you'll hvae a Down's syndrome child), but with the bloods it takes the accuracy to 95%. So i'd say, given that measurement, you're growing a healthy little bubs in there! And no, they don't measure it again. After 13 (or 14?) weeks the Nt measurement becomes inaccurate. But they do look for other markers eg nasal bone structure, finger digits etc at later scans (usually the 20 week scan).

So glad everything was great at the scan.

Logan - 13 weeks - Length: 72mm - Nuchal Fold 15mm
https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248106_10150612849050584_811570583_18764524_4430074_n.jpg
https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226585_10150612847775584_811570583_18764518_8065042_n.jpg

Jarrod - 12w6d - Length: 63mm - Nuchal fold 1mm

Attachments

• Length(cropped).jpg
    Length(cropped).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 0
Yay congrats! Will find scan later Im in iPad. You only need the one unchallenged measurement. W the blood test they should let you know your risk s very low. Great news!

hi everyone! had to phone in for my nausea med prescription so I asked midwife if they had the results of the ultrasound and she said everything looked good. going by transfer I was 11w1d on monday, but the measurements show 11w3or4d...which line up with last measurements. she mentioned I have a very small subchorionic hematoma, so of course I google it and worry, but Ive not had any bleeding so can it repair itself? did anyone else have a small one? preethi I know you had a bunch of problems so wasnt sure if that was one.

Ive decided not to announce on fb until my 20 week scan. by then I will have had the more detailed scan and the blood screening results back too. I was forced to tell some more people early....I was going to wait a few weeks until 2nd tri, but I found out that MIL told her best friend, then SIL's fiance told his mum and dad, and the mum mentioned it at a dress fitting and SIL's godmother overhead grrrrr so thats 4 people now know. my MIL kept asking when we were going to tell her brother and wife (hubby has a very small family and she was finding it hard to keep in), so I just did it to keep her quiet. I know they are excited but its annoying as I wanted to wait :growlmad:

Great news that everything looks good! thats another fear done and conquered for you.
those SCH can repair themselves...but you may bleed from it. i do think preethi had one..i have heard many times by 20 week scan they are gone. but also some not so dont be surprised. did they say they will do another scan in a couple w eeks to monitor it?

Great news that everything looks good! thats another fear done and conquered for you.
those SCH can repair themselves...but you may bleed from it. i do think preethi had one..i have heard many times by 20 week scan they are gone. but also some not so dont be surprised. did they say they will do another scan in a couple w eeks to monitor it?

no she just said we wouldnt do anything differently and not to worry. but I will ask my midwife when I see her mid april!

i've also heard of a couple of people having small SCH and they're usually fine and nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->