ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah, i did indeed have a SCH, and i bled, but that was at 7 weeks, and had anothe rbig bleed while i was in the UK at 16 weeks. both times, bubs was fine as you can see, sch's are such that you either bleed them out or they dissolve themselves.. she said that the bleeding was sch,. but i never bled any clots out. just normal bleeding. mine resolved od its own and i was on primolut depot progesterone injections every week until week 23.

theyre generally nothing to worry about unless they get bigger, but usually honestly they just clear out. so from experience, please dont worry, ive done all the worrying for sch, so now you can relax.... :hugs:

thanks ladies, I feel better hearing they normally are gone by 20 week scan or are usually nothing to worry about. I wasnt worrying but just wondering about it, this kind of stuff flew right by my head when I was TTCing!!

I had a funny conversation with SIL the other day....she wants to try for a baby after a year of marriage and she said I hope its a girl as mom would be mad that robbie (her fiance) would circumcize. Robbie is circumsized, (it seems quite a few canadians do it even if not religious?) but my MIL thinks its awful and my hubby is not. I was laughing as its good to know the robbie will have some battles with my MIL and its not just me. I said to SIL its their baby and their decision. Living in England all my boyfriends were not, coming to Canada most of them were until hubby!

One of the ladies who's preggo journal I stalked also had a SHC - quite a bad one - but her son id perfectly healthy and just a week younger than Saranna.

I did a happy dance when I saw your scan pic on my phone on Tuesday but I haven't been on this thread on my laptop til now to respond. And I can't find my 12 week scan pic to share. But I love your little bean Sarah! :cloud9: I'm sorry you're feeling under such pressure to share the news before you're ready :( I hope MIL will recognise that you're not ready and that as excited as she is, it's not her news to share.

Maybe the SCH is what caused your early spotting? Hope that is dissolves or whatever it is that they do! :hugs:

LOL @ your conversation with SIL... interestingly.. we've not had the discussion, cos we've not had a son... but I imagine we wouldn't as hubby isn't. My brother wasn't either (I asked my Mum as I don't keep a check on my Brothers bits! :rofl:) in fact... come to think of it... I've never been with a man who was circumcised.. though to be fair, I hadn't been with too many men before hubby! :haha:

It's a touchy subject on the forum... but I believe that people should do what they feel is right... what's right for some isn't for others and that's all! There will always be people who have differing opinions on this matter :thumbup:

O yeah... Natalie just reminded me...

News... and people sharing it!

IT SUCKS!!! I am such a firm believer in 'it's not my news to share' so keep my mouth shut. The only reason they do it is because they are so excited... I think they are just bursting to tell someone...obviously they don't have all the stresses that come with it.. but that doesn't make it less annoying.

When we fell pregnant with the baby before Lizzie... we told Mike's Aunt and cousin's as they came to visit us. We were scheduled to have a scan at 8/9 weeks and it was like 2 days before the scan... so we decided it better to tell them in person... we explicitly said... we're not telling anyone the news until after the scan. Well the next morning... wasn't even 9am I received an email from one of Mike's cousins in Zimbabwe. Mike's Aunt in the UK had called Mike's Uncle in Zimbabwe and told him the news. He'd told his kids and they then emailed me!!

When Mike confronted his Aunt, she said... I didn't tell anyone, only Wally (her husband) and Mimmo (her brother).. uhm... Mike told her... well technically that IS telling people. The scan went well and 2 weeks after it I got a drop of blood and so went to EPU only to find out baby had died. So of course had to tell people.

When we fell pregnant with Lizzie... Mike's Aunt was the last to know. :rofl:
Petty yes... but that way Mike's Mum got the chance to tell her brother and not have him hear it from her sister!

Sorry for the long story.... but I completely get your frustration! :hugs:

It's a bloody nuisance! but you'll be okay about it soon... you'll feel great once you reach 20 weeks and it's out in the open!

whew, circumcision is SUCH a hot topic on baby forums! It's unusual to be done here generally. I'm sure people do get it done here, but they'd have to be asking to get it done and probably having it done privately, cos it never even came up in ANY conversations with my midwife or docs or anything (we didn't want that done anyway, but I mean it was just assumed we didn't, as it was never asked about!)
I had no idea how prevalent and expected it still was in some areas until getting pregnant and having a son... I recognise there are beliefs around why people choose to circumcise, but omg, I'd be *haunted* if I'd had it done to Caleb. I've read a rather blunt, factual, account of a baby being circumcised and it had me in curling up my toes and in tears by the end of it; and it was only a written description, not a video, and it wasn't even graphic in it's description! It was interesting in some ways; cos I had no idea how it was done before, but now I *have* a son, it was utterly freaky too...

And sheesh, I hope you get to keep the secret at least from the general public until you're ready; it sucks when you have to share...

I'm still totally over the moon that YOU, are PREGNANT! You ARE girl, you really truly ARE! :cloud9:

ha I should have realized it was a hot topic like BF etc! its annoying as people really should do what they believe in, and for many its a religious thing or something their family just do. Id never really heard about it in England before, so when I came to Canada it was interesting and the first one I saw I was like whats that :haha:. (I met hubby at 29 so I had a few boyfriends before :haha:). To tell you the absolute truth I prefer the look of the cut ones, however I also wouldnt want to do that to my baby as it seems so unnecessary. but I understand SIL fiance wanting to do it as he is, and thats all he has known! and he says to SIL I dont remember the pain as a baby and I prefer being this way. I just think its funny as I think MIL is against it, so will be very interesting.

Lol, and around here my child would be a complete freak of nature in the future if he didn't have a circumcision! Our doctors assume fully that it will be done and probably would've been very shocked if we said we weren't. OH went with him and said he barely even cried, they give some sugar water or something that is said to be like an analgesic for a baby. I did have a hard time with it, I couldn't go with him I was so scared and sad for him. I still actually get a little bit ill if I think of that moment for my baby, but I need to push it out of my head and remember that he also had tubes down his throat, needles in the bottom of his feet, my little baby niece had an IV in her HEAD! I mean, yes, its horrible to think of, but lots of things are done to babies and children that make me ill to think of. We moved on. But yes, if we lived where it wasn't the normal thing to do, no way would we have. I just wanted him to be normal and thats what is normal here. Either way you make the decision best for you no matter what anyone says! I have done that all along.

exactly NY! I wonder why US and Canada they just seem to do it automatically, like where did it originate from. I will have to ask my midwife as its interesting.

Ive also thought that, not doing it will he be the 'odd one out' but hubby lived with it so Im assuming he wasnt too traumatized by it, I will have to ask him if he was teased.

haha good old wikipedia gave me some facts about canada:

A survey of Canadian maternity practices conducted in 2006/2007 by the national public health agency found a newborn circumcision rate of 31.9% (but in our province its 43.7%)

so thats ok, a 50/50 split, you got me thinking NY about being the odd one out thing (as I know hubby would not do it). ontario is made up of immigrants so thats probably why the 50/50 thing as you have people who do not do it in their country as well as those who do. I can imagine states in the US having a much higher percentage of those who do.

It says England is less than 20%, so my penis observations uk-canada were correct :rofl:

O yeah... Natalie just reminded me...

News... and people sharing it!

IT SUCKS!!! I am such a firm believer in 'it's not my news to share' so keep my mouth shut. The only reason they do it is because they are so excited... I think they are just bursting to tell someone...obviously they don't have all the stresses that come with it.. but that doesn't make it less annoying.

When we fell pregnant with the baby before Lizzie... we told Mike's Aunt and cousin's as they came to visit us. We were scheduled to have a scan at 8/9 weeks and it was like 2 days before the scan... so we decided it better to tell them in person... we explicitly said... we're not telling anyone the news until after the scan. Well the next morning... wasn't even 9am I received an email from one of Mike's cousins in Zimbabwe. Mike's Aunt in the UK had called Mike's Uncle in Zimbabwe and told him the news. He'd told his kids and they then emailed me!!

When Mike confronted his Aunt, she said... I didn't tell anyone, only Wally (her husband) and Mimmo (her brother).. uhm... Mike told her... well technically that IS telling people. The scan went well and 2 weeks after it I got a drop of blood and so went to EPU only to find out baby had died. So of course had to tell people.

When we fell pregnant with Lizzie... Mike's Aunt was the last to know. :rofl:
Petty yes... but that way Mike's Mum got the chance to tell her brother and not have him hear it from her sister!

Sorry for the long story.... but I completely get your frustration! :hugs:

It's a bloody nuisance! but you'll be okay about it soon... you'll feel great once you reach 20 weeks and it's out in the open!

thats so awful! and I completely understand you not mentioning it to her with lizzie!

I thought I was very clear on the not telling thing. I suppose MIL was just so happy she was bursting, so I suppose I cant be that mad. She never had any pregnancy complications so wouldnt really think of anything bad happening. but I had mentioned that I was high risk at my age and am being cautious until 2nd trimester etc, I suppose that went over her head.

Even the day after we told her she called and said 'my brother is coming over so we decided we are not saying anything right' and I said again YES I want to wait a few weeks. But then she kept on about it every time I talked to her. When we told her brother and wife the other day the wife said she knew something was up as MIL was acting weird.

To be fair she only told her best friend, it was SIL's fiance who told his parents and then the mum mentioned it at a dress fitting so a godmother heard :dohh:

LOL thank you for clearing up the Penis mysteries! I actually felt that it was up to OH what he felt was best in that situation, and he does have it done, so chose that Kian should also. I think its best to have both of their wieners the same. Lol!

Penis mysteries :rofl:

Its not common practice here either (in this generation). It was discussed at antenatal classes and there are only 2 doctors within 3 hours who will do them for a fee (ie its not covered by medicare). But just until fairly rercently (i think the 90s?) you had to be "done" to serve in the military here. (It was considered cleaner if you were serving in desert areas). I wonder if the same is/ was true in North America. It would explain why so many more are. Or could be people slower to let go of it as a religious practice (ie 3 generations ago it was done for religion and the currently non-religious family still does it so the boys look like daddy?) Idk. It is a hot topic on here for sure though.
I dont think that its anyone elses buisness whether one chooses to or not though (some anti circ people are the most fanatical ive seen on any subject) but i do think more people should consider it carefully before deciding. I know people who pretty much didnt even realise you didnt have to.

some anti circ people are the most fanatical ive seen on any subject

even more than the pro-breastfeeding ones :haha:

ndh how did you find it in canada, or did you never really notice as not pregnant.

Its not something i took notice of. I remember my friend discussing whether she'd get her boys done but don't know if she did. And my hubby is the only man I've seen naked :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->