ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

went for my dressing apt this morning and she said its healing well, the scab should fall off soon and then I dont need to go for dressings anymore :wacko: I panicked a bit as Im not ready to look at my finger urgghhh. so I will do some dressings at home, as long as it doesnt effect my healing. she said she can see some tissue underneath the scab so the whole top should be tissue once the scab falls off. it will take a year for it to feel more like fingertip skin. I go see the hand surgeon next friday, got a week off from him this week.

still cant believe this happened to me :nope:

my dog is healing the same, had a big scab on her back thats slowly falling off and I can see a delicate skin has formed underneath. so we are on the same healing timing.

I hope in a month or so I can feel better about it and then just focus on growing bub!

so Im 12 weeks today going by measurments, (or on sunday going by transfer)/ My book is welcoming me into 2nd trimester as Im entering my 13th week. The way they have calculated it is your very first week, days 1-7, you dont say you are 1 week until day 7, but on day 1 you are entering your first week. so going by that I am entering my 13th week. But Im not saying 2nd trimester until next weekend or that following week.

I have my midwife apt in a couple of weeks, but have 8 week wait till 20 week scan, how do I wait that long. I have bloods on week 16 but thats not exciting.

I was trying to convince my hubby to find out the sex the other day, but he is having none of it. Im a typical libran in that I weigh the options and one day I want a surprise and one day I want to know. It seems many more people find out judging by FB friends. I told him ok we dont find out this one but we will find out the 2nd, so we can experience both (and the 2nd is exciting to find out if you are having the same or different).

have a lovely weekend :flower:

Awww, im so glad you are healing and your pup is too. I pray that you can be happy with the outcome of your finger.

And boooo, to team yellow, i wanna know!! Lol. But good for you:)

I agreed that 13 weeks I was 2nd trimester. We shall have a booby dance then:)

I just read the your posts and sat back in awe.... you're near about entering the 2nd trimester. A few months ago I bet there were times you'd never believe you'd ever see a positive pregnancy test! :hugs:

I'm still so absolutely thrilled for you! :yipee:

I think finding out the sex the second time round is a good idea if you plan to have one yellow and one not! :thumbup:

Glad your finger is on the mend hun! :thumbup:

I'm glad your finger is healing, but it'll take a while to get used to it I'm sure!!

omg, so close to 2nd tri! Mummy is right; it wasn't long ago that you weren't even sure you'd get a BFP!! :wohoo:

And yay for team yellow! lol!! Honestly, I know it's hard, I had times when I thought 'damn it, I wanna KNOW!' but in the end I really am glad I didn't! I will now have my WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE life to know my first-born is a boy; those months of pregnancy felt long at the time, but in hindsight they really were just a fleeting part of my life and I totally coped fine not knowing for that long! lol!

Now, when it comes to #2, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist though... Cos I'm gonna want to know if it's another boy, or if I get to experience a daughter! lol

Glad your finger is healing well. I wouldnt be ready to see it yet either in your position. You're so brave :hugs:

So are you going by scan dates or transfer date? I want to know which day we can throw your booby party!

Now, when it comes to #2, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist though... Cos I'm gonna want to know if it's another boy, or if I get to experience a daughter! lol

thats exactly what I think! that I will want to find out even more with #2 (if there is one, praying another frostie is a viable baby) so I should try and be patient for this one.

flying/mummy you are right, for a while I wondered would it even happen, and I was so prepared for it to takes months seeing as Id decided on single blast transfer. Its all so surreal, and I dont really feel pregnant so its amazing to hear the HB on the doppler. I only do it 2x a week when I feel an urge.

NDH my transfer and measure dates are 2 days apart, so next friday or sunday is 13 weeks. so I suppose we could say sunday Im entering 3rd trimester? mummy you will be pleased to know I will put up a ticker on that day!!

how did you all cope with the wait for a scan from 12-20 weeks, thats soooooooo long. why do they wait so long, shouldnt they be checking things are ok :growlmad::haha:

LOL... it's a long wait, but busy yourself with researching and shopping :)

Set yourself something to do each week and before you know... it'll be time for the scan!

:dance: tickersssssssssssssssssss :dance: not long now! :)

Ugh, that wait WAS horrible! Though also remember that you may feel the first movements before the 20 week scan! I have a feeling I was rather late feeling Caleb move, compared to others due around the same time, but I am rather overweight too so that's quite common apparently. But even so, I think it was around 20 weeks I felt that wonderous first solid kick! :cloud9:

So the wait until that half-way point was hard, cos up until then you are sorta left wondering if everything is ok or not; you can't FEEL anything, so you only assume everything is ok in there.... But after that scan reassures you, the movements get stronger and way easier to discern as proper kicks and wriggles rather than being unsure. And then ya start feeling hiccups at all hours of the day and night too, and all of a sudden the second half of the pregnancy isn't so bad, cos you LOOK and FEEL and KNOW you're pregnant! lol! But then in some ways it IS bad, cos as much as I *adored* being preg, it *was* uncomfy too!!! lol.

And the surreal feeling never goes away I don't think... I still get shocked some days realising I'm a freekin MUM! I have a SON! WTF!? lol.

Have you been finding the heart beat on the doppler? Thats so fun isnt it!!

so glad your finger is on the mend sarah :hugs:

i couldnt resist.. i always wanted to know what i was going to have because im just impatient.. i wanted to know so that i could go shopping, [plan for names, etc, plus i had a traumatic pregnancy so really the not knowing part was not more the deal, at that c section table it was more - is she ok how is she doing !

i dont know if i will find out this time round, guess it all depends on how my pregnancy goes.. whenever i do get pregnant that is.. xx

so excited for your 20 week scan, try to keep yourself busy, i remember getting scans often and even then it was tough to have to wait..

im sure time will fly by soon and we will see your ticker and throw you a booby party and it is all going to be so exciting.. xxxx :cloud9:

i dont know if i will find out this time round, guess it all depends on how my pregnancy goes..

Lol I read that line about 4 times then looked at your signature before reading the rest of the sentence.

haha yeah i read it again after posting and realised i may not have been very clear !

we are NTNP at the moment, and its so rare that i doubt i will fall pregnant soon ! but we will strongly be trying again from august. But i hope the NTNP leads to something FX'd

Good luck! We'll be NTNP as well but haven't resumed BD yet.

ooooooh I predict someone will be pregnant at the same time as me :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

flying its lovely to think about movement, and I do remember you thinking it was all so surreal and I remember thinking your words would be exactly how I will feel....and I am feeling them.

ny I use the doppler about 2 times a week, I actually dont feel the urge too much...did you guys use daily? I wish there was another scan sooner as I want them to measure things are growing normally. someone else on here said they can do at 18 weeks, so thats only 6 weeks away so sounds better.

Im not showing at all, I feel a slightly rounder belly but hardly at all and in all my old jeans. wonder how long that will last!

love all the photos of your gorgeous children on fb, its just unbelievable to think my bub will hopefully turn into one of those lil people!

Sarah I am surprised your EDD isn't in your signature. What is it?

With this thread you are destined to go overdue. So if you hold off till the 13th Kristin will be 11 months older. Can't imagine her being any bigger right now. The weirdest thing is changing diapers and thinking about a baby coming out of those tiney tiny girl parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->