ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Oh yeah those stretchy jeans are comfy. I wore them after she was born for a while until I was ready for normal jeans. Mostly I wore stretchy pants though. Hopefully you will be able to find more zipper sleepers when you can shop for pink or blue.

Sarah, Saranna was above 95th centile at bbirth and still wore newborn for 4 weeks as she swam in anything bigger and is still in 0-3months for everything but feeted clothes (which she's been in 3-6 for a month). She's still above 90th for height. Shes skinny tthough - if she was fatter she may have grown out of them sooner.

3-6m will be much too big for a newborn, no matter the size of the baby.

If you're worried bubs will be long buy 0-3m, but even those are likely to be too big for the first 2-4 weeks.

I'd say the main items of clothing would be onesies, babygrows and leggings.
(and in case we call them by different names, these are what i mean)

Onesie (you can get short or long sleeves):
https://www.shinyshiny.tv/googoo.jpg

Babygrows:
https://www.allthingsgreen.net/marketplace/images/traders/227/11290-organic-cotton-baby-grow-frugi-duck-print-image4.jpg

Leggings:
https://www.rittenhouse.com.au/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_ss11_rbu007k_w.jpg

Also, remember that for the first few weeks (maybe 4-6 weeks?) babies are still learning to regulate their body temp and they are often colder than us adults. General rule of thumb to know how warmly to dress baby is "dress the same as you, plus one extra layer". For the first few weeks (definitely first 4 weeks), even though i was wearing shorts and t-shirts logan was in a long sleeved, long legged babygrow.

Yep, Huggles those are onesies, pajamas and pants. Exactly what I said so glad we are in agreeance. :)

thanks ladies, thats all great info. leggings are something I dont have yet so will look for gender neutral of those. so if I went out to a mall or to inlaws, if the bub has a onesie on then Id need leggings plus an outer layer too right? october is starting to get colder here. so I should look for some hoodies or cardigans...that will be hard when you dont know the sex.

When I looked at the size difference between 0-3 and 3-6 months it was barely any difference so decided to go for 3-6 just incase. Ive read some people saying their baby lasted in 0-3 for 2 weeks so good to know your opinions too. I will get some extra 0-3, I love shopping for this stuff! plus Im sure family will buy some clothes and as I dont want a shower they can buy it after birth when the gender is known :thumbup:

I will take some photos of what I got so far, I love them!

I have 3 jackets that were NEVER used. It was never cold enough to put a jacket on her. A long sleeve onesie and pants were all we ever needed. But we are in south Texas and it's our last winter was pretty mild.

yeah october in canada is getting chilly, I will look for hoody type of tops perhaps, not so much jackets.

wow my ticker says hair and eyelashes are filling in! crazy!

Ohh, I haven't been on this week! lol.

For breastfeeding, I too will vouch for the kellymom.com website; a WEALTH of info on there!!! By all means get some bottles and stuff if you want (you really only need to sterilise for the first 3 months, after then a good clean is fine) but I'm like NDH there and have no real advice on pumps and bottles and stuff cos Caleb has never had a bottle or anything except boob! lol.

It is HARD WORK in those early days though, cos you will almost definitely doubt yourself and your ability to continue breastfeeding. Newborns go through bouts of 'cluster feeding', where they feed almost non-stop for a day or two (seriously NON STOP. You might get a few 20 min naps, and perhaps even a 45 min nap here and there, but otherwise it is 24-48 hours of solid feeding feeding feeding) which often sends mums into a spiral of 'oh no! I don't have enough milk! My baby is crying and hungry ALL THE TIME!' so I'm telling you now so you can perhaps remember it in the future! lol. But it DOES pass, and you may have to resign yourself to doing nothing but sitting there feeding bub for hours, but it is natures way of getting the supply to match the demand of a growing baby, and it is all worth it in the end if you stick it out. The cluster feedings/growth spurts happen all the time when they're tiny, and slowly space out and are less dramatic as they age.

Also what a lot of people have trouble with over breastfeeding is the inability to know exactly how much your baby is eating, and if it's enough. Basically the key is that if bub is making enough wet nappies a day (8-12 for a newborn) then yes, you are producing enough milk. A hungry baby doesn't mean you arne't producing enough; it's just as likely to be going through a growth spurt and be trying to up your supply, so if they act hungry; feed them! A pump is NOT a good indicator of how much milk you are making either!! Some mammas can pump tons of milk easily, but others have a lot of trouble and may only get a few drops. Just because they can only get a few drops does NOT mean they are only *producing* a few drops! Babies are far better at getting that milk out than any pump is. :)

Aaaaand finally, if there is one thing you research about breastfeeding, research about a good latch. The key to almost all pain and difficulty is sooooooooo often down to a poor latch. A good deep latch by baby SHOULD do a whole lot to help prevent any nipple trauma etc that makes breastfeeding *that* much harder. (and before you get scared by the whole IDEA of torn up nipples, it is totally possible to have NO pain or problems too!)

As for clothes, I don't have anything to add from what others have. We use onesies all the time still. Both long and short sleeved. On colder days he has a singlet under the onesie, and a jersey on top, as well as pants (often with tights underneath if it's really cold) when it's warm he'll have a short sleeved one (often still with a plain singlet underneath) and a T-shirt or light top ontop and one layer of pants. When it's actually hot, he's often just in his onesie an nappy; no top or pants. Or just naked. That works too. lol!!!

He wears a singlet, onesie, and babygrow to bed. If it's cold, then it's a thicker warmer babygrow and perhaps socks under the babygrow feet, but otherwise it's a light weight one.

If he doesn't have a onesie on during the day, he pulls his tops up and shows off his belly button. lol! Hence why we still use them all the time!

We have I think 5 of each long & short sleeved onesies, 3 or 4 different babygrows, some singlets, and a few each of t-shirts and pants and tights and socks and jerseys to mix and match on top. :)

Oh, and editing to add that be wary of label sizes!! Just like for *us* different brands fit differently, even in the basic clothing pattern (jeans for example. Or a tshirt even!) so too do different brands of baby clothes fit differently, despite being all labelled as '0-3m' or whatever. So when you are collecting bits of clothing, compare sizes to each other rather than labels, so you don't go and put away some nice 3-6 month stuff only to find later that they are almost too small when you pull them out of storage! And yes, get NB stuff as well as 0-3; Caleb was wearing both in the beginning even though he was a big baby. Different babies are built differently to each other too; some have long limbs, others have long torsos. Some are chubby and others are tall and lean. Some are TINY, others can be HUGE. There is no telling what your baby will fit or for how long, until they are here!! :)

I had Kian in october in northern US so we have the same kind of weather and we had a lot of fleece pj's for him. Also, don't buy too many gender neutral as they'll go to waste because once you know the sex you'll buy so many of the gender specific clothing and the neutral will go to waste. Just buy 5 outfits for the first week and then after you're home and feeling better you will crave to go out shopping every day since you are wanting to get out with your new baby!

You don't have to worry about jackets or snow suits if you get a cover for the carseat. Keep in mind they don't recommend any snow suit or thick coat on the baby in the infant seat because the thickness of them makes the safety of the harness go down. This was told to us by our police station carseat safety check. Bummer, I had 3 adorable baby snowsuits, never got used!

We got this.... travel wrap to avoid the issue of snow suits in cars.

Ours is the one with red inside and multi coloured stripes on outside as we bought it before Lizzie arrived. It's been brilliant. Particularly as you know what it's like in UK when it's cold outside and as soon as you walk into a store you're blasted with heaters, so you can just open it up and then wrap them up again before you leave the store.

What a great idea!

omg Im going to have to have some willpower not to find out the gender. some of you know rosa on here, just saw her 20 week ultrasound, she found out its a boy. omg I would love to know!! :dohh:

I just recently saw a post by someone who's hubby doesn't know she knows she's having a girl. But I shouldn't tempt you :haha: Its hard to wait but you can do it.

I just recently saw a post by someone who's hubby doesn't know she knows she's having a girl. But I shouldn't tempt you :haha: Its hard to wait but you can do it.

I will try!!! but I cant guarantee I wont break down and ask the technician when she is doing the measurements. last time hubby was called in after she had done everything so if Im on my own with her I might be tempted!!

LOL i would totally break down! or say i didnt wamna know and then obsess over trying to figure it out on the ultrasound myself.

another reason I may crack Im just feeling so not pregnant and would love to have a little excitement happen. my tummy is getting rounder and I did feel some weird waves of feeling that I hadnt felt before that could be bub, but otherwise its all so surreal. I feel that having a gender might make it feel even more real, but perhaps just seeing the more detailed scan will be enough.

ny you mentioned before you have to want to be on team yellow for it to work, and I change my mind all the time!!

I love love love all your new photos on fb....your babies are all growing into such lovely lil people! :cloud9:

Ny Im responding to your surfer comment on roas's thread here:

thanks sarah:) I love shopping for him and yes, boy things are soooo cute too. you will love it! I can't wait to have little plaid shorts and t shirts and flip flop sandles. I love me a little surfer dude!

that reminds me, I went into pottery barn kids the other day and they had this amazing bunk bed that looked like a surf hut. I was already planning my older kids bedroom!! ok let me find a photo....

ok attached, it was minus those massive turtles at the store!!
at what age could a kid have a bunk bed with ladder like this?

Attachments

• img95l.jpg
    img95l.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
Its pretty closed in so would be hard to fall out, so ya 5 would be fine. Maybe even 4. How cute!

We'll be moving Lottie to a top bunk probably around 4.5/5 years (whenever it is that Lizzie learns to climb out the cotbed! :dohh: Lottie climbed out of it about 2 years 4 months. So I'm expecting it'll be more like 5 years but you never know! I was 18 months when I climbed out my cot! :haha:

I love the pic though Sarah! super cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->