ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Oh really? I could have sworn my capsule is good til 2021. Will have to check.

I'm sure some brands of capsules last longer too! But the generally capsules have a shorter lifespan than a fixed car seat/booster cos they have a harder life being hauled in and out and bumped about and stuff. Hence why it pays to check!!!!!

I am selling my travel system already. I don't really use the stroller and we are not good at storing things and keeping them nice so will just buy a different one if ever needed.

I didn't know that about passenger side being second safest. Idk, its hard to place your children in a car when you have more than one because how do you decide which child goes in the least safe spot? Its horrid to think about so im just keeping them how they are and praying we are all safe.

We aren't using our carrier anymore. It's sitting in a box in the living room. We still use the stroller occasionally so it stays in the car. But we also bought it used on Craigslist b/c it was $50, had great reviews and was the colors I wanted so don't feel the need to consider selling it. The lady before me was an idiot and had beat it up pretty badly but we couldn't afford a new one at the time.

ny are you not using a stroller much as you carry him everywhere? I do wonder how much I will use one but I think I will get one.

We still use our stroller a fair bit. Not tons, but we definitely do use it. If I go for a small shop then I'll put him in it, but if I need to do lots of shopping it's impossible to push both a stroller and a trolley, so then I rather wear him, unless dh comes shopping with me then he pushes logan in the stroller and i push the trolley - that's by far the easiest (it's very difficult to bend into the trolley with a baby strapped to your front!).

If we go on outings where walking happens a fair bit then we also use the stroller (although we don't often go on such outings).

I definitely won't be getting rid of ours for a good long while yet.

Yeah, that's the main time I use our stroller too. Since most of our outings are to the grocery store and she can sit in the cart now I don't use it very often but for smaller stores if if I am not getting much I will use the stroller. I see several moms baby wearing every time I go to the grocery store though.

yes I will definitely get one even if Im not sure how much I will use it, I like the upperbaby vista as some friends recommend it, and when I was in the shop a couple came up and said they have it and love it. it has the bassinette included as well as the regular seat, and it can hold 2 babies if we end up having a 2nd soon!

I just booked a hypnobirthing class for June, 5 weeks, 3 hours a week :happydance:

I usually wear him or now he loves being in the front of the cart! Much more fun to him than a stroller. We really barely ever used our travel system stroller and now we bought a BOB so if we do use one its that because its much nicer to push around. But any shopping trips are typically just wearing him into the store and if he seems to want out then I put in the front of the cart.

Yay for hypnobirthing!

oh yeah, once they can sit in the cart shopping will be loads easier!
Logan still falls sideways when sitting though so can't quite manage the cart yet.

I think the strap on our cart cover holds her up pretty well. Right now I still try to keep a hand on her side though bc she does slowly lean over.

I was lying watching tv yesterday and bub was quite active, and I could feel with my hand so I put hubbies hand on my tummy and he felt something too (I felt it from inside and said 'there' right after every movement) :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: it was so quick he was second guessing it after but he definitely felt something. but he didnt want to do it for long as he didnt want to hurt bub, I told him pressing on my tummy will not hurt him :dohh:

Ive not been feeling that much with my placenta being in the front cushioning things so I was really happy.

this whole thing is such a frigging miracle, I cant believe it!

It really is hard to believe! Its all happeneing for real. We pressed and poked my tummy all the time, its perfectly fine:) Soon you wont have to though, trust me! Its great when you start to know its a little hand or a little heel of a foot. Will you do a 3D ultrasound? At mine, the tech had a little baby doll and squishes it up and shapes it on my tummy to show the exact position of the baby and its cool to know how he is positioned inside me to know what parts I am feeling move and poke me!

ooooh I love seeing my ticker over the half way point!! :happydance:

hubby wont allow me to do a 3d scan, he is very against it and says he will see in 3d when he comes out :haha: I guess he has a point. he just feels the extra scanning could be harmful. he doesnt mind me getting an extra regular scan, at what point are those useless as the bub is too big to see much? and I have to find out where I can pay for one of those as they are normally covered so not sure how many places allow you to get them by paying.

yay for hypnobirthing.. and so glad you can feel movements.. it must be so special. xx

this is all so surreal for you xx in a few months, you will be holding him and that will be amazing xxxxxxxxx

we still use her pram everywhere but now have to have it in the sitting position as she is getting big

How awesome that hubby felt movement too! And hypnobirthing classes will be great :)

We've only used our stroller a handful of times really, mostly in the early weeks before I had a carrier she liked. The only time I used it for shopping was one time in the evening i went with mom and was going to be trying on clothes and Sara was *supposed* to be sleeping. Otherwise I wear her in my Manduca (I don't have and difficulty bending to get stuff off low shelves or put things in the cart, I just bend at the knees not the waist) or put her in a cart with a baby seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->