ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

so sorry, pictures are coming! Im a bit of a dunce when it comes to cables and how to download the pics. been so busy with my mum here and inlaws. I announced it on FB yesterday, it was really nice to share with everyone! people are quite shocked, they probably thought we werent going to bother. my one friend who I grew up with on my street had her first baby 17 years ago, she probably thinks Im mad!!

I love carters! too much. lol. and baby gap. and children's place. hell, i even love target if i can buy baby clothes. lol.

my favourite here is mexx kids, but they are pricey...mum got 2 things for bub and it cost $60 :wacko: then I went to carters and spent $120 and got most of his wardrobe!! our childrens place doesnt have babies. I think we are going over the border to buffalo in a few weeks so will look at baby gap there. Im sure I will have too much but I dont care, I love looking at them and imagining a warm baby.

so I guess I dont really have to purchase the crib until bub is 1-6 months old if he will be in a bassinette in with us. that will help the budget before october. so the stroller and a rocking chair is my biggest purchases before he is born. then all the little crap!! Im trying to get a few small things here and there like wash cloths etc.

still cant quite believe it, but its feeling more real. I felt my bump pop a little more last week, feels so weird as Ive never really had a big stomach so I keep catching myself in the mirror. im half way in 2 days! when is the viability milestone?

24 weeks!

Yea, we are still shopping for a crib. We just bought the BOB revolution jogging stroller and are loving it much more than our Chicco travel system. Thinking of selling that one off and buying a light weigh stroller and having our awesome jogger. Lol. Need to upgrade our carseat this weekend I think and stop using the little infant seat. He is growing so fast!

I'm ready to start using our convertible but she isn't sitting up without support still so not sure about grocery shopping since I can't walk out of her line of vision without upsetting her. I think we will definitely use it when we go to Boerne Father's Day weekend. That's about 3 or 3.5 hours each way and she's been complaining about her carrier and trying to sit up in it more.

oooh sarah 24 weeks is so close ! yay for bump popping out.. i love carters here too... baby gap is very expensive here.. we have a store called mamas and papas im sure its in the UK too.. it is ridiculously pricey ! my suggestion for beds would be that since bubs will outgrow the bassinett soon, we decided to forget the bassinett and just get her a cot bed. a cot bed is different from a crib, it allows bubs to sleep in there till 6 years old so you really save on that, you just shift the level of the mattress from high to low depending on the age and once bubs is older, lets say 4 or 5 , then you just remove the side bars, so it turns into a proper bed... we thought it was practical.

xxxx

hi preethi! perhaps its called different names here but the crib I was going to buy does change sizes to a kid bed and then to a normal size bed. thats the one I want in bubs room and the one I like is pricey. so I thought Id start with a cheaper bassinette and then get the crib for 6 months. the crib is a bit too big for our room...we have a big room but I have a perfect space by the side of the bed Id like bub to be.

this what I want to get for my room, not really a bassinette exactly but smaller and cheaper than the crib
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-on-Me-Lullaby-Fixed-Side-Cradle-Glider-Espresso/19526133

ny I bet he is growing so fast! I came across a few videos of him recently (I dont go out to the pregnancy journals much as I cant keep up) it was one of him playing on a piano thing....he is sooooo cute!

We call those convertible cribs. K's can be a crib, toddler bed and full size bed.

Wow Sarah, I was just thinking about the what ifs - if you hadn't managed to scrape the money for if you wouldn't be here now. Had you waited a month who kbows hhow your body would have reacted - you may not have gotten as many eggs and they may not have have had any frosties to save. And you certainly wouldn't be pregnant with your little man (not saying it wouldn't have happened if you'd waited, just wouldn't be the same baby lol). Its just so amazing to think about :cloud9:
I loved reading all the responses on facebook to your announcement :)

thanks ndh! its funny as I was saying something similar to my mum today. I took her to babies r us and costco, and its near the lab I went to for my betas. I was telling her how with the first IVF we did the blood test and then went looking in babies r us, as we were hopeful as I had some faint lines (although still cautious as they were light). then as my beta was only a 6 I had to go again 2 days later to make sure it had gone down. that trip I did on my own as hubby was working and it was horrible as you are going knowing you are not pregnant but having to go through the motions (they wouldnt close my file till my beta was under 5). that day I saw babies r us and felt so sad as 2 days previously we had hope. but today it was a joyful event, and I said to mum if only someone could have told me back then 'dont worry, you will be pregnant in 2 months'.

oh so in babies r us I had a proper look at those pack and play things, was that what ny you said you had in your room? I didnt really look at them before, so now thinking perhaps I will do that in my room for the first 6 months. then seemed quite sturdy and had mesh sides so lots of airflow. then at least I can use after. what do you ladies think?

oh and at costco they had some carters sets for $10, of course I had to buy a bunch. I thought carters was cheap at $15 for 4 pieces, $10 is even better! Im totally done for onesies and pjs now, its just pants, shirts or tops I need a few more of :haha::happydance: going tonight for my 40% off mexx so hopefully will be more or less done then.

oh and also got this massive teddy, 53 inches high, it was only $36! I thought it would look cute in the corner of his room :cloud9:

oh ok i guess its just difference in names then ! sarah that crib does look goodx

i can imagine what youre saying when u say that if only someone had told you.. hindsight is a great thing isnt it.. but i guess u were meant to worry for those two months only because this lovely surprise was ahead of you.. xx

pack and play do you mean play pens ? they have mesh on the sides, and can act as a travel cot as well as i think theyve got a mattress feel to the bottom ? i wanted to buy one of those for gemma as shes getting really bored with her small play gym. looking at getting a walker this weekend

Yes, Pretthi those are the same thing. They aren't really for entertaining though so not sure it would help her boredom? They are just for containment and sleeping. We won't be getting a walker but we also have mostly carpet. She used the walker at my friend's house this weekend and seemed ok with it. Even moved a little on her own even though it was backwards.

i really need to sort out her boredom, she is getting frustrated, going to have a look at some play pens and walkers at the mall this evening.

lol what is it with backwards? when gemma first started crawling, it was backwards for a while. looked funny..

Preethi- Kian is super bored too and he has it all- jumperoo, walker, 40 different toys, play mat..idk what to do to entertain him anymore he is frustrating!

Sarah- yep, we have the pack n play in our room right now. The mattress isn't super comfy so I put a cushy blanket on it and tucked it in all sides very well so its not a hazard. He likes it. We did have a basinett first though as i've heard some babies don't sleep well in larger spaces and I just didn't want to find that out the hard way. But plenty of them are fine. With Ella we used the pack n play from day one and she was fine in it.

Preethi- not sure the play yard thingies would keep her entertained either. At least not the kind that we have. They're basically to contain baby if you were outside or something. I personally wont use it ever as a containment, just for travel sleeping.

Sarah- it is super weird to think of the what if's. Also, what if you would have not followed your instincts and went ahead with putting in 2? you'd probably have twins....

Kristin still just gets rotated between her toys all day. If nothing else she will sit in my lap and eat either my hands or hers or it's naptime. Our new thing is if it's around 11am it's time for yogurt though. :)

Do any of you eat yogurt? I don't. I try to feed her her Gerber yogurt blends and by the bottom .5" of the container it's very runny no matter how much I stirred it while feeding her. Is this all yogurt? I want to try a different brand but I still have 9 servings of Gerber yogurt left here.

I eat yogurt by the bulk, and mine's not runny at the bottom....and Kian never gets to the end of his because he doesn't love it so not sure!

Sarah- yep, we have the pack n play in our room right now. The mattress isn't super comfy so I put a cushy blanket on it and tucked it in all sides very well so its not a hazard. He likes it. We did have a basinett first though as i've heard some babies don't sleep well in larger spaces and I just didn't want to find that out the hard way. But plenty of them are fine. With Ella we used the pack n play from day one and she was fine in it.

Sarah- it is super weird to think of the what if's. Also, what if you would have not followed your instincts and went ahead with putting in 2? you'd probably have twins....

so did he use the bassinette at first then the pack and play?
my worry is when I need to transition bub to the crib....will he have a problem with it and want the pack and play??! also can I put a mattress on the pack and play to make it more comfy?

so my room choices are:
1. pack and play
2. smaller wooden bassinette style
3. or to just buy a crib and have that in our room at first then move to bubs room (but could be too big for newborn then?? but at least theres no transition)
I cant decide!!

and I do wonder if Id done 2 would I have twins. Its just so interesting to wonder how many of my 7 are good and bad, and how many boys and girls.

Im half way today :happydance:
when should I feel significant movements? Ive only felt some flutters. my placenta is on the front wall so midwife said I will only feel things on the sides. could that be why Im not feeling much or at 20 weeks is it still early anyway?

its early and yes anterior placenta you feel it later and less. It will happen!

I think Rosa just began feeling hers within the last few weeks and she is 24 weeks.

Yep, we did basinett, then pack and play. He transitioned perfectly. Also, Ella who was in a pack and play from 0-9 months did fine with going to the crib. Every baby is diff of course but so far mine haven't had a problem moving to different beds. Although, its not like either of them ever slept through the night so I wouldn't know if they were having an issue with the bed I suppose>

Sarah I had anterior placenta and first felt Lottie at 21 weeks + a few days! So it wont be long. You may already be feeling him but not knowing it's him! :)

I found if I lay flat out on the couch I'd notice it more in the early stages... once they start getting bigger it's hard to miss being jabbed in the ribs! or tickled!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->