Okay, is it just me?!

My sister is 20, and would love to just be a SAHM. However she's gone to uni to do nursing. Her thoughts are that she has no prospect of settling down in the near future, so she should go out and better herself so that she is in a better position to be a good partner, and good mother when she has the chance. She doesn't want to have to be fully dependent on a man to provide for her.

I'm glad she's got a sensible head on her, my brothers certainly don't :lol:

I'd love to do something like nursing, but I have a horrible fear of veins, needles, wrists, etc. So that doesn't help! Working with kids would be lovely too :) I've accepted that if the SAHM thing isn't possible (it's about 50/50 at the moment) I'll need a good job I'll enjoy going back to, so I'm on a career hunt lol. I'm so jealous of everyone who is a SAHM :p

I really wish I could be a SAHM for ever lol. I have been this year but next year its off to uni for me to do childrens nursing.

I will miss him
xx

YES! it is a career choice. Yes im at uni but i regret it totally and just want to be with my children. My mum began as a teacher and gave up to be a sahm and i think she did a great job :)
plus, i really dont actually see myself doing anything else. oh doesnt mind at all and is happy with decision! roll on 2011!
xxxxx

I'd love to be a SAHM but i'm off to Uni this year so financially, I'm not sure we could afford to if we TTC when we planned... It's gonna have to be wait and see but yeah I see it as a fantastic career choice personally. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->