Okie Dokie! ...who is due within the next couple of weeks?!

I think i'll get to a few days before im due or ill go over lol. Ive been having period pains on and off all day. taken paracetamol for it which as been helping.. Been little gassy now to :| lol nothing else though.

Man it seems like were either not getting any signs at all or are getting signs but nothing becoming from them! Haha.

Due date today,
Not much signs for me at all but thought id post a bump pic. :)

Ohhhh i do have a question.
Baby is still moving fine based on the 'kick counts' but she has been much quieter than her normal behavior in the last cpl days. I still feel movements but just not as much. Anyone know anything in regards to this?

I called health link but the nurse didnt seem to know much. She just kept reading off her screen.
Ill mention it to my doc on monday for sures!

Thanks for any input ladies!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4
Nikki, from what I have been reading about movements it says when you get nearer to due date movements get less especially when head is engaged as there is less room. If you are seeing someone on Monday mention it anyway.

I have been having less movement too and it does make you worry. Hope are babies are here soon! :kiss:

Aww thanks magic!

Soooo....
I wasnt expecting much at my appt today but it went better than i thought!
Im 1-2cm dilated so she did a sweep, saw blood on her glove, she did it for a good 30 secs or so. Was a lil painful but bearable. Didnt know she had to go so deep in there! Lol also she said my waters was bulging so it should pop anytime now?

They also did a non stress test since i mentioned she isnt moving as much as normal. Baby did well.

Just in case happens this week, i have my ultrasound booked for monday and then induction on wednesday march 27th.

Lets hope it doesnt get to that and something starts happening soon! I wanna experience how it feels like to go into labor without pitocin or whatever.

What should i even expect from the sweep? So if nothing happens within the next cpl days, id just assume it didnt work?

Yay glad you were dilated so they could do the weep at least! :happydance: Fingers crossed it works for you. I'm getting one tomorrow if I've dilated since last week. Really want to get on with it - don't want to be induced!!

Gosh there could be lots of births on this thread in the next few days!

That's great news! I've heard that if a sweep is going to work, it'll usually happen within 24-48 hours. I hope that's the case for you.

I didn't realize until now that you were in Calgary. Me too!

I'm 39 weeks today and my midwife agreed to do a sweep....I then went for a 4.4mile walk to speed things up!! had constant back ache for a few hours and a couple of tightenings every 4/5 minutes.....and now nothing :(

I have had almost zero prelabor signs.
I think my BHs are getting more frequent and intense but that could all be in my head.

I have an ultrasound sometime tomorrow and a midwife appointment in the afternoon. I'm considering asking for a sweep because I really want to get things going. My midwives aren't allowed to do homebirths after 42 weeks and I REALLY don't want to be induced.

Had my last midwife appointment at the drs surgery today. The next time I see the midwife il be 41+1 for a sweep at home and then will be booked into be induced if need be at 41 +5.

No signs today apart from Braxton hicks and period pains but that's not unusual

ImpatientTTC - Yayyy hopefully uve dilated too! I know, itll be so awesome to read everyones birth stories soon! Keep us posted on ur appt tmrw :)

Marieb - thats crazy u live here too! The weather is so back and forth. Grrrr. Where are you delivering?

Ive had no signs either except i think braxton hicks and they come and go so quickly and so irregular! How far along r u? Fingers crossed for u at ur appt tmrw, and have fun seeing ur little one at the ultrasound. Keep us posted girly!

Aww jess, thats what im scared of too. I dont want false labor or anything more dissapointing lol so im just gonna wait it out and see what happens.

Mumandco - hopefully things get moving for u too! Have u gotten a sweep done already?

Ps. Starting to lose bits of what looks to be like the mucus plug? Its snotty looking tinged with some reddish brown.

This is the first time im seeing this, never noticed lost plug before so fingers crossed!

I'm two days over as well now. Think I lost some of my plug last night and today as had discharge that looked snotty rather the creamy white that I've had all m pregnancy. Braxton Hicks have been more frequent today as well. Hoping that things will start moving tomorrow!

Nikki- That sounds like your bloody show. I bet labor is just around the corner.

I'll be delivering at Rockyview if the homebirth thing doesn't work out. It's where DS was born as well. How about you?

Yay sounds good nikki!

Have my sweep in 1 hour.. nervous.. lol,
I've been contracting for 10 hours now, 10-20 minutes apart, lasting 30-40 seconds and a big blob of bloody show! Wander if I end up getting a sweep still??

Ill be delivering at rockyview!

How much plug does the avg pregnant woman have anyways? Ive been losing some plug altho its tapered off a good bit but i thought ur bloody show was alot? Lol i dont think mine would be considered alot.

Havent felt much still :(
Odd cramp here and there radiating from the back to the front with some tightening, or is that a contraction? Lol they dont last long and arent consistent at all.

Maybe things will start later on although i dont wanna get overly hopeful as i do not wanna get too dissapointed.

Ill check up on the thread tmrw to read how all ur appts went!

I'v been losing little bits over the past 3 days, I think my last bit fell out this morning. (it was a fair amount and quite pink and red. I had my sweep and I havent had any show all day :huh:

Wow they still gave you a sweep even with contractions? It's still sounding promising Sharn :flower:

Good luck to all the ladies losing plugs and getting contractions, hope everyone over due progress soon too :flower:

Lol i must be one of the last people on here. Ive got just under 3 weeks to my due date. My period pains died off yesterday didnt noticed them as much. And when i slept last night my left side started to hurt if i laid on it to long so thats both sizes now but i cant really lie on my back either lol.

The hard bit of my bump at the top didnt feel the same last night either like it had moved. think belly dropped little more but i dunno looks like same standing up and there is more to push around where this hard bit was..

Hope things start happening soon for you ladies. and the ones who are contracting eeek not to long now. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->