Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

morning ladies. Feeling yuck today!! I have to get a tooth pulled this afternoon, I was up a lot peeing last night and my bbs hurt. HOW FUN LOL

How many dpo are you? That all sounds promising!

only 6 DPO well the OPK said I was O when I checked, maybe it was on the down slope of it don't really know.
AF is not due til next week

Definitely a + Amy! :dance:

Kay, I hope you're able to get a temp tomorrow. Gotta love kids and their timing, eh? :haha:

AFM, I'm back on the don't want any more kids train.... After last night, I don't know how I'd manage more than just S. :wacko:

I'm trying to resist the urge to buy some ic's. Keep thinking if I buy them then I won't need them as I'll have a short lp, if I don't but them all get to 8/9 dpo and be dying to test and order some and they'll take ages to come and I'll end up buying a first response or something and still getting a bfn lol

DD is so unhappy today. Screaming everytime I set her down. Will only eat het teething crackers and refuses formula and baby food. I wonder how could I do this with one more...
But, I am still crazy and want one LOL

Hi Ladies! I hope you don't me joining you all in here! I've never really been a POAS addict, though ironically enough I'm becoming one not that we're NTNP :haha:

My DH and I have almost been married for four years and have one beautiful daughter named Isla who is almost 10 months old. It took us 6-7 months of NTNP and then about 5 months of TTC before we conceived her. I was charting and temping but after a few months that started to drive me crazy so I started doing natural family planning, which is what I was doing when I conceived Isla!

My DH and I have discussed starting to TTC number 2 in March-May 2015 but right now we are not taking any precautions, just BDing once a week and seeing what happens....

I also still don't have my AF back yet as Isla is still Bfing. Since she was 6 months old, I test about once a month. Took my last test 1.5 weeks ago and BFN.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and sorry for the novel :flower:

Welcome Mrs.!

Exciting to be ntnp! :dance:

I envy you to be bd'ing once a week. lol We're lucky to get in once a month :dohh: :haha:

Welcome Mrs.!

Heather, letting go of time frames has been a tough one for me. It used to really stress me out. I try really hard to continue to remind myself that it will be wonderful no matter when it happens.

Kay, it's very frustrating temping with little ones in the house. Just do the best you can and you should still see a clear O pattern.

Michelle, My dh has the craziest sex drive of anyone I know! Not that I walk around asking people, lol. He wants it Every morning and Every night! It gets exhausting when I'm not using him for his sperm. :haha:
It's ok to change your mind as often as you need to about ttc/ntnp. Being a mother is very hard whether you have 1 or 12. Be kind to yourself. I think we are hardest on ourselves.

Kelly, sorry your dd isn't herself.

I did tell dh he was playing with fire right now and he actually stayed home a little later this morning so we could bd! I am so surprised! So tww here I come!

A quick question, I know ff will put my O date for tomorrow because of the + opk today. I'm just not convinced it's not today. I also had a + opk at 4am this morning. (I had to pee & couldn't sleep.) I know it's only the difference of a day.... but I'm impatient. :coffee: Which day would you consider O, today or tomorrow?

Thanks Amy. You're so right. :hugs:

I think you did or will O today, too. OPKs aren't as accurate as temping and O symptoms so I would trust your gut! Plus that + at 4am - you can O as soon as 12 hours after so technically you would O today if you fit that pattern. :thumbup: [sorry, that's all probably really confusing but my head is full of dust today :haha:]

Thanks Amy. You're so right. :hugs:

I think you did or will O today, too. OPKs aren't as accurate as temping and O symptoms so I would trust your gut! Plus that + at 4am - you can O as soon as 12 hours after so technically you would O today if you fit that pattern. :thumbup: [sorry, that's all probably really confusing but my head is full of dust today :haha:]

What do you mean? Makes perfect sense to me! I think today is o day too. I'm excited, but realistically my chances are only 10%. I'm old remember, lol. I have about a week break and then it's back to obsessing :wacko:

I'm still kind of obsessing over time frames. I know whatever age gap we get it will be lovely having another baby, and it will be how it's supposed to be but for me it's sooner the better lol
Amy I wouldn't worry too much about 1 day, I know that it can make a difference for dpo and testing too early etc but opks can only say you will O within so many hours anyway. And yay for Dh hanging around to bd.

I just want to confirm O is happening and at the right time for 1 maybe 2 months and then I'll relax. As long as I can get enough temps to get cross hairs I'll be happy. I think I'm going to lay off the opks for a couple of days, as much as I like seeing the 2 lines, or I'm going to use them all up too soon lol I'm just going to wait till I have some more signs.

Ok I'll share if everyone else is (lol) dh would be happy to bd every day and mostly I can keep up with him, but it's a pain in the butt with our early rising boys, and ds4 not STTN.

I still obsess over timing, too... And it makes me incredibly nervous to think about waiting too long but then after nights like last night, and the last week or so, makes me think I'll never be ready for another :wacko:

Well, I guess I'll share too :haha: My dh can take it or leave it :dohh: Makes it really hard to tell when he's in the mood. He's not the "initiating" type, and unless I'm tipsy, neither am I :blush: so that equals us going long stretches without... And part of me doesn't like that [I feel sex is one of the keys to a close and happy relationship] but at the same time I am OK with it as I'm usually exhausted anyway plus I'm not thrilled with my body at this point so I'd rather just go to sleep :rofl:

Yeah, if wasn't for my DH initiating we wouldn't be doing it as often as we are :haha: We're lucky as Isla is a pretty good sleeper but we've been going through teething lately so some nights are better than others.

I'm actually just feeling like my sex drive is ramping up again now, which is exciting!

I'm hoping that our kids will be somewhat close in age. We're still on the fence about whether we'll have one or two more so I would like to get pregnant with the next one sooner rather than later.

Very exciting that you probably Oed today Amy! Sending you lots of :dust::dust:

I don't think that I'm even oving yet sadly.

And I just noticed that you all refer to each other by your first names. I'm Emily, (as opposed to Mrs :haha:)

so, I was bored and decided to use OPK and it still shows pos 6DPO. Maybe that is a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->