Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Hi! I am new here looking for help. I'm happily married but I am not very knowledgeable about becoming pregnant or knowing if I am. I was that one kid who couldn't read Harry Potter or attend sex ed. I am hoping someone can help me figure out whats up or give me advice or point me in some direction. Here is my story, had a miscarriage last August at day 52 in my cycle It took my about day 50 to get a faint line then between then and my 1st drs. appt, i miscarried the baby didn't stick. Well, I am currently 10 days late for my monthly and the last couple ones were 29-30 days apart. I am not getting any positive test results so far so I am waiting for either that or AF, for the last week or so I have been having a consistent pinching on my right side near my hip and the last couple days my boobs feel more filled out, they were soreish when i first woke up only about 5 minutes tho. Yesterday I went to the toilet every hour it seemed like. I keep thinking my syptoms are pms, but no show. I have been a little sensitive with my feelings a couple times between my last period which was May 22-May 24th. And I have noticed a brown line from my pubic area up to my torso. Any thoughts, suggesttions, or similar experiences? I'm going crazy

Hi there, tricky one, some things sound like possibly a late ovulation for some reason, the pinching is often associated with ovulating and symptoms of ovulation can be very similar to pms, occasionally you can have a very late ovulation/no ovulation at all, for one cycle.
Of course there are people who don't get positives until quite late, I have a friend who doesn't get a bfp until 10/12 days after af is due.
'Usually' though if the hormone is strong enough to cause symptoms then it's enough to be picked up by a test.
It may be worth a visit to the doctors and explaining that you've had a pregnancy before that didn't show till very late and didn't stick, and that you are now late and not showing on tests yet and are concerned. They may be able to do a blood pregnancy test, which can tell before a urine test.
Good luck.

I think I just got a +opk!

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc4ba9e60.jpg

That's definitely a +ve!!! :happydance: We can have some excitement in this thread once again in a couple of weeks!

I'm STILL waiting for af over here. Now cd 38, getting cramps, but still no show. Never had a cycle this long before, wish I'd had the persistence to keep doing opks!

I'm cd30! Cp has been HSO for a few days which is what spurred me to start testing again.

Maybe I should clue myself up on cp checking and temping. I hate not knowing what is happening. My first pregnancy was an oops, then miscarried, and 4 weeks later found out I was pregnant with dd1 (also an oops). Then only had 2 cycles between dd1 and dd2 so I've never really had to do much. But this time I have a feeling it might be harder. I'm older and my dh now has diabetic sperm!

I guess I'll see what the next couple of days bring now, fingers crossed for a temp rise, and cp drop/close tomorrow, then hopefully at least 10 days until af. (Although she'd arrive in time for my birthday then!) I've ordered some preg tests as well. So if I make it to 7/8 dpo I'll start testing lol

Noooo...not 10 days til af! 10 days until bfp!!!!!

Ha ha, I'm just not that hopeful yet, got it in my head I'll be waiting for a long time yet.

Yay for a positive OPK! :happydance:

Steph, I hope you're out of limbo land soon.

Not much TTC related stuff going on here, I'll be testing next Tuesday so playing the waiting game right now...

Good luck for testing Emily! Surely our thread is due for some good luck soon...?

I'm now cd39, I figured the witch was waiting for me to use up my last frer before arriving so I did an hour ago (bfn obviously) so I'm hoping she'll arrive later today.

Hope she arrives so you can move on to the next cycle Steph. The waiting is horrible.

Thanks Kay, being fashionably late is one thing, but she is really taking her liberties here at 1 week late!

Maybe tomorrow I'll wear my nice expensive undies to entice her. It worked to break my waters when I was pregnant...

Lmao yeah that does tend to bring on anything like that doesn't it? Lol
Well I got an even more positive opk today. The test line is much darker than the control line! So doesn't like like I've quite finished Oing. I hope I don't get days of this now *sigh* so wish I could just forget it all and let a baby come along when he was meant to.

I know I wish I could do that too. Especially because when I think logically, I am not that desperate to conceive NOW, like I was with dd2. My sister was so relaxed about the whole ttc thing. She truly ntnp, didnt take any opks, temp, ect AND she only ever tested after her period was due. Her thinking was that by testing she wouldn't change the outcome anyway, so there was no point. I'll try to relax next cycle if the witch (with a B) ever shows up (it's cd 40 godamit!!!!!!!!).

Well I think I actually O'd yesterday. The pain was SO intense. Today it's gone, cm dried up, cp dropped. My temp is not cooperating! I think maybe my sleep pattern isn't helping. We bed share and I still bf at night, and I think maybe I move around too much in the mornings and don't get a 3 hour minimum block of sleep right before.
Maybe I should temp in the early hours of the morning instead because I usually get from 11 till 3.... Mind you if I get long enough between now and af (or even bfp?) then I may call it quits on temping.

Yaaaay! I got an email this morning to say we have been accepted on to the council list as minor overcrowding. Which means I can now 'bid' (register interest) in council properties as well as continue looking for private rents. I know I could still be here in a year or 2 or 3 and so on, but I do feel now that we will eventually get out of here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->