Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Oh no! Glad everyone is improving. And sorry, no tips with the boots, its one of the few places I've escaped. You watch, it'll be the first place ds4 pees when potty training now!!
Today is the big 2s last day at school before the summer. I remember last year, getting ready for the summer and thinking how when we went back to school I'd only have around 6 weeks left till DS4 was due! Doesn't seem like it was that long ago.
I'm CD8 I think...Not keeping as much of a track atm and trying to stay relaxed with it.
Part of me feels I need to be pregnant ASAP. DS3 is off to school full time in September and one of the Mums today said what I have been thinking for a long time. DS4 is going to be bored and lonely. I feel like he needs a sibling close in age so that they can play together and when he finally goes off to school his sibling will be old enough for pre-school and will have their own friends and be following him to school the next year/year after that, the way it was with each of the bigger ones.
But then other times I feel like theres no rush because I should just enjoy that precious time with DS4, when I can give him my undivided attention.

I go back and forth between wanting another NOW and then telling myself there is no need for such a rush. This will likely be my last baby, perhaps it would be nice to 'save it up' for a bit later. But then I go back to wanting to get it all over and done with, and having all my kids close in age! My mum is coming to stay with us in 2 weeks time and she will be staying for 5 weeks...I love my mum but if she finds out that we are ttc #3 she would talk my ear off trying to convince me to wait. So I have to make sure all my pee sticks are well hidden which will be hard with just one toilet in the house. At least it will stop me testing like crazy!

Oh dear, hide all the pee sticks! Lol
I've got a really thing about one of them being left out. I think it's one thing to have a few all spread out, they don't know different. But when the big 3 can all do the same things, share friends, have the same interests and will all be off doing their thing together, and ds4 will be stuck with boring old me. It would be nice for him to have someone to share his interests and play with. I know they others will play with him as he gets older but when ds1 is 10 a 2 year olds games might seem more like a chore than fun.

Yeah I can see what you mean. That's why I want to have another now then stop so that they can all grow up together. I do worry though that if its a boy he would be left out with the 2 girls. I go back and forth thinking it could be cool to parent a little boy, and then thinking another girl would maybe fit in better.

As a girl, only 13 months older than twin boys, I can say I never felt left out because I was a girl. My brothers played with me and my 'girl' toys, I played with them and their 'boy' toys. And we were very close. But even so I wonder myself whether it would be better to have another boy. It would be more practical. I already have so much boy stuff, and although we are planning to move we would move to a 3 bed, there's no way we could afford a 4 bed. If we had a boy we could have big 3 in one room and little 2 in another where as if we had a girl it would mean eventually we'd need to think about how to solve the bedroom situation and it would be much more expensive having to buy all new clothes and toys (although that is part of the appeal)

That's good to know that you didn't feel left out. With the room situation, you wouldn't have to worry about it for a little while. They could share until they reach puberty I think, couldn't they...? Possibly by then the eldest would already have moved out. Either way it's a long way off. I can't wait until we find out what our family will consist of! THere is no way I'll be staying team yellow.

My FIL babysat tonight and me and OH went out for dinner. We agreed that this will be the last baby, but it was the first time he actually said aloud that he wants another now:cloud9: I feel like now maybe I can kick it up a notch, and do all the extra little things to ttc like stay with my butt up in the air for 20 minutes :haha:

Haha @ butt in the air
Yeah I think they can share until the oldest child in the room is 10. So my oldest will be 17 when ds4 turns 10. That's a scary thought. When ds4 turns 10 they will be 17,16,13, and hopefully an 8 year old as well ;)
I am going to try my hardest to stay team yellow just because I never have before and I'd like to say I'd had born experiences. Whether or not I'll actually manage it is another thing entirely lol

I got my first ever positive opk this morning at cd 21 :happydance: Glad that either way I wont have a 41 day cycle again!

How is everyone?

Yay!!! I'm cd15 and no O yet. My symptoms have started the last few days. Hoping I don't have to wait another 2 weeks just to O again. Haven't started opks though. I'm just keeping an eye on other symptoms ATM and when they all come together I'll do a couple of days opk

Its better not to obsess over opks. This time I limited myself to 1/day starting at 17dpo so I didn't get too stressed over it. I was scared I would have to wait another week just to O as well but I think my body is getting back on track after breastfeeding! I only have one problem now...it's almost 9pm here and I got my positive opk this morning. My dh got home from work at 6pm and went to bed at 7.30pm because he got up at 5 with Sienna...He's completely out!!! I'll give him another hour then I'll have to wake him up so he can perform his husbandly duties!

Hooray for + opk!
Hooray for 15 days of you cycle down, lol!

Afm, I've been a terrible friend over here, I'm sorry! I'm struggling with my own issues. I "think" I had another chemical. The stupid ic's had progressing lines & even what looked like a $ store bfp. Then all bfn again. I'm sure it's because of my age.
I have been putting myself under so much stress to have everything perfect so my dh will keep ntnp. It's just been a lot. And I have been under so much pressure - much like you guys, about time frames & time limits. I'm so worried that my dh will finally just say no, that I am an emotional wreck about whatever is going on with these chemicals. In actuality I am ok with them. I figure that a chemical happens because something isn't going to be right. So, I'm thankful to God (nature) that I don't have to make those tough decisions. I want a healthy baby.
And my dh actually told me this morning that we were ttc and he was fine with that. I'm wound so tight right now that I'm not as happy as I should be about that!

Hooray for + opk!
Hooray for 15 days of you cycle down, lol!

Afm, I've been a terrible friend over here, I'm sorry! I'm struggling with my own issues. I "think" I had another chemical. The stupid ic's had progressing lines & even what looked like a $ store bfp. Then all bfn again. I'm sure it's because of my age.
I have been putting myself under so much stress to have everything perfect so my dh will keep ntnp. It's just been a lot. And I have been under so much pressure - much like you guys, about time frames & time limits. I'm so worried that my dh will finally just say no, that I am an emotional wreck about whatever is going on with these chemicals. In actuality I am ok with them. I figure that a chemical happens because something isn't going to be right. So, I'm thankful to God (nature) that I don't have to make those tough decisions. I want a healthy baby.
And my dh actually told me this morning that we were ttc and he was fine with that. I'm wound so tight right now that I'm not as happy as I should be about that!

so many hugs to you, Amy! :hugs: It's definitely a lot of pressure but I hope that you're able to relax a bit. Esp since dh said straight out that he's OK with you TTC. It's not good for you or a potiential baby to be so stressed. [I know you know that though.] I agree, chemicals, while not something fun to go through, happen for a reason.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Well I did do an opk because so many of my symptoms lined up if the course if the day. Stark negative! Damn it!
Amy hugs to you. I do agree though that loses, however early happen got a reason and that maybe sometimes it's better to lose early on that to have to make a tough choice.
That's great about dh though.

Oh no Amy, I'm so sorry :( I agree though, when pregnancies don't stick there is something wrong, and it will be worth waiting a few months for a healthy baby. I am glad your dh is on board with ttc again, hopefully it will take the pressure of trying to get pregnant before he changes his mind.

Kay sorry about negative opk. I am now having the opposite problem! My opk has been very positive for the past 3 days. We dtd on day1 and the two days before that, but on day 2 we didnt get around to it. It's now day 3 and I'll make sure we dtd tonight. Hope it will be enough!

Im going to try not to even think about it now. It's hard because I'm having signs of O and so I'm very aware of it, and I worry about the short lp, but I'm going to try to not even think about it for the rest of this cycle and hopefully next then see where I'm at by that one after that. By then I'll have had 5 afs and would hope to see some normality returning. And ds is bf less. I've been giving him a bottle in the night so I'm only bf him in the evening before I go to bed if he wakes and the early part of the morning and then I'm not sure he is feeding but rather just sucking for comfort. So hopefully that'll help.
I am supposed to be NTNP after all lol

Haha! I know, originally we were meant to be WTT!

I know we started out wwt and were supposed to move first. I think if I can switch my brain off the NTNP is the way to go. I such a stress head otherwise lol

Hey Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been on much, we were away at the cottage for the past couple of weeks so haven't been online. Things here are pretty much the same. Still no AF yet though have noticed some more fertile CM lately, which must be a good sign :thumbup:

I'm headed back to work on Tuesday so have been mostly focused on that. Am very happy that Isla has three more weeks at home with my DH before starting day care as that will help me to get back into a routine with working. We are also working on getting her on the day care's schedule gradually so there won't be too much change for her at once.

Based on some research I've done, it seems like it is pretty normal to not have AF until your LO is 14 months if still bfing on demand. I've also learned that a change in your bfing schedule can lead to ovulation too. Am hoping that being back at work and less bfing might be enough to trigger ovulation but we'll see what happens. TBH, I think it might be easier getting through the next few months of starting work and transitioning Isla to day care without being pregnant but obviously if it were to happen we would be thrilled!

Amy, sorry to hear that you might be going through another chemical, that is awful. I'm also sorry to hear that you're so stressed right now :hugs:

I haven't had time to catch up on the thread (except for the last page :haha:). Steph and Kay, I have my fx for both of you!

Officially cd1 & actively ttc. Af is here with a vengeance.
I totally forgot your name Mrs. Eddie :blush:, but my first pp af didn't come until my baby was 15 months. I was nursing a lot during the night. I hope your transition back to work is a smooth one.

I'm another with af not returning for more than a year. 17 months with ds3 to be exact. I think you're right the transition is probably easier without being pregnant. Hope it all goes well for you and Isla settles well into day care. And yes hopefully the change will trigger O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->