Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Thanks Kay and Amy. I actually think Isla is going to do well at day care, it will likely be DH and I who are emotional wrecks :haha:

Also glad to know of others whose AF took awhile to come back.

Oh and my name's Emily, Amy. Don't blame you for forgetting, my posts have been sporadic at best lately. Also sorry about AF, Fx for this cycle!

Haha bless you, yeah its a big thing with your little one has to starting something like that.

Can I join in? I'm not a recovering poas addict ;), but I don't seem to fit in with the TWW crowd. Just somewhere in the middle.

Just had another bust this cycle. LP was off and thought maybe...but AF just arrived late.

Welcome Treeroot, sorry that AF got you this cycle. Always the worst when that happens, especially when you get your hopes up....

Welcome treeroot!

Emily I think going back to work might just do the trick for you. My af came back when I changed feeding schedule. It was 3 days after her 1st bday.

I am now 4dpo and not feeling it....4 more days until I start testing!

Thanks ladies:)

My DH is extremely laid back by this whole process. It's our first but it's been almost a year and I'm becoming worried that I'll need to get some tests done at the end of the summer.

Seems like most of you have little ones? Looking forward to joining the club one day:)

I hope so too Steph! I'll be dropping one feed initially and will be pumping when I get home from work for the first couple of months so she can still have a sippy cup of bm at nap time. After that I'll be dropping all day time feeds, which will hopefully help. She doesn't nurse a lot at night anymore, though she's teething so she has been up a bit more the past week or so.

How did everyone find their first post-baby AF? Is it as horrid as people make it out to be?

Good luck with testing Steph! I'll ironically probably have more time to be on BnB after I start work as I like to take a few breaks to come on here :haha:

Treeroot, if it makes you feel any better I know several people who were TTCing for just about a year before getting their BFP. Two of my friends were about to start IUI and both got their BFPs right before. My DH was also super relaxed about the whole TTC thing too, which was good for me. I know quite a few people who had success using the CBFM to get their BFPs...

My first post partum af have been fine both times. They used to be super painful, to the point where I'd be rolling around in bed in agony. I don't know if it's because now I take ibuprofen and paracetamol straight away but it was just a little sore. Or maybe its that compared to child birth, it's a breeze!

My dh is also very laid back about ttc. He has no idea the lengths I go to or the amount of pee sticks used, or that I have a sex calendar on my phone detailing every time we have dtd. He would probably be a bit freaked out!

ppaf is fine here too, initially much lighter than they used to be, especially when bfing and less painful.

treeroot, my 3rd took a full 12 months to conceive and my 4th 2 and a half years although that was due to bfing delaying af and shortening lp and things like that.

Good to know, thanks Ladies! I was a bit freaked out about the first one but doesn't sound like it will be that bad. :thumbup:

I always hid the TTC stuff from my DH too Steph, though he was interested in natural family planning so I did share that with him. He just always had the "it will happens when it's meant to" attitude, which I agreed with but it still drove me nuts at the time :haha:

Haha yeah DH would think I was mad if he knew the lengths I have been to. Although last time before I knew I was the problem he did suggest going to the doctors for himself, saying maybe his age had affected his sperm count.

Welcome treeroot!

Emily, my first pp af wasn't as bad as I expected this time- especially for it being 15 months!

I don't let my dh know what a testing freak I become each month! Although I think he secretly knows. :haha:

I went ahead and bought a box of 20 digi opk. I very clearly know when I am o'ing, but I just needed to for some reason. And last cycle I only ended up using 3 because I waited until I had all my o symptoms before using one. I swear, I swear, I swear, I WILL NOT be testing early this month! I don't have & will not buy any ic's. I just can't go through that again.

Speaking of testing, can't wait to see yours steph!

If you feel like testing come here and we will try to talk you out of it Amy.
I'm hoping I may have O'd but can't be sure. All my cm has dried up and cp is LFC. But I didn't do any more opks and I didn't temp so I don't know.

If you feel like testing come here and we will try to talk you out of it Amy.
I'm hoping I may have O'd but can't be sure. All my cm has dried up and cp is LFC. But I didn't do any more opks and I didn't temp so I don't know.

I guess just assume you did unless you get signs of O again? I hope you did & you got lucky, of course!
I plan on leaning on you ladies if I get weak! Well, when I get weak, lol. I still have another 13 - 16 days to O! Seems like a long time, but I don't want to wish it away. Summer is really winding down and getting into back to school mode. I will have a high schooler in the fall. :shock: Yup. I'm getting old!

Wow can't imagine that, my eldest is only 8 LOL
So one of my best friends just told me she is pregnant. She has a boy and girl already, her partner has 5 boys by a different woman. She has only been trying a couple of months too. I feel like she is going to have her baby (april) before I even get pregnant! Stupid stupid body! Other people can full pregnant while fully breastfeeding with out even having a period first, but I have to have this stupid short lp even with only doing a couple of feeds a night.

Wow can't imagine that, my eldest is only 8 LOL
So one of my best friends just told me she is pregnant. She has a boy and girl already, her partner has 5 boys by a different woman. She has only been trying a couple of months too. I feel like she is going to have her baby (april) before I even get pregnant! Stupid stupid body! Other people can full pregnant while fully breastfeeding with out even having a period first, but I have to have this stupid short lp even with only doing a couple of feeds a night.

I totally know how you feel! I feel so ashamed of myself, but I do get jealous when everyone else I know is getting pregnant. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself to be pregnant by a certain time. It's bound to never happen if I do that. I hope your lp is better this cycle - like you don't have one at all because you get your BFP!

Thanks. I just saw so many people get pregnant and give birth and some even get pregnant a second time while I was ttc ds4. I'm trying not to pressure myself, but still I want it to happen ASAP lol

I get jealous too! I think most people do at little bit, it's human nature.

I am now 6 dpo so 2 days until testing! I felt so angry yesterday though, so I think af may be on her way.

Hopefully it isn't af steph and was just one of those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->