Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

well i checked mine yesterday and today and it seems to be rising and opening so hopefully a reasonably timed ovulation is on its way.

Thanks girls. How are you doing Amy?

I started my own journal. You can check it out in my signature. I started testing yesterday expecting to get a nice bfn because it was only 5dpo. I got lines. :dohh: So, I'm pretty sure I am one of those who just always gets lines. It's ok though. I'm trying to just enjoy the life I have without stressing about wanting one more.

aw those damn lines!! glad to hear you are doing well though. I think not stressing is def the way to go, if only i could take my own advice lmao I'll have to check out your journal.

Hope that eggy is on it's way Kay! I also hope that I ovulate a few days earlier this month. Past 2 cycles have been cd 27 and cd 22. I'm cd10 now so will start opking soon!

Emily hope your cycles (or bfp!) return soon, at least you'll feel like you are properly in the game again!

Woo Hoo exciting Steph!

And thanks, nothing new to report here. Would be lovely to get a BFP but I keep having a feeling that AF is going to come back in October or November, which will put me on right on track for when we originally planned to TTC anyway :haha: If she's not back by January I'm going to have to reassess how much I'm bfing Isla, which would make me sad but honestly I'm not getting any younger over here and I need to get my body back on track.

Oh and Isla is doing her first day of day care today. She did her transition last week too, (she went for three days, just for half the day though). She has done so well, no tears at all. My DH was a little put off that she hasn't been more upset when he's left her there :haha:

Woo Hoo exciting Steph!

And thanks, nothing new to report here. Would be lovely to get a BFP but I keep having a feeling that AF is going to come back in October or November, which will put me on right on track for when we originally planned to TTC anyway :haha: If she's not back by January I'm going to have to reassess how much I'm bfing Isla, which would make me sad but honestly I'm not getting any younger over here and I need to get my body back on track.

Oh and Isla is doing her first day of day care today. She did her transition last week too, (she went for three days, just for half the day though). She has done so well, no tears at all. My DH was a little put off that she hasn't been more upset when he's left her there :haha:

That is so great about Isla! She gets enough love when she's home she is comfortable being away for a short time.
I hope af doesn't stay away much longer - or she does for another very long time because of a bfp. :winkwink:

How are you doing Kay? Any closer to O?

Glad Isla is settling well to day care.
It's a difficult decision to make, between bfing one child and being able to conceive another if you have somewhat limited time. Hopefully it won't be a decision you'll have to make x

Cp is high soft and open and I'm spotty and bloated so I'm hoping this is it. I'm going to do an opk next time I need a wee and see. Then again my cp was favourable for a day, then wasn't, then was again so who knows!

Cp is tricky, I think an OPK is definitely in order!

My cp is still SOOOO high, I can barely reach it, TMI I know :haha:

well the other day i did an opk and was nothing until after the 10 minutes and then a tiny faint line. Today a very clear line, just not dark enough for a positive came up after just a minute. So I think its getting closer. Oh man I need to have an extra day or 2 on this lp (or a bfp) so I can forget all this stuff. I really think I could relax about it all. Last cycle I went days at a time without checking any signs.I know if it took a few months after that I'd probably end up back to opks etc but I could relax for a while at least LOL

Emily that is so good about Isla! What a little trooper!

Kay what cd are you now? Hopefully you will gain a couple extra lp days this cycle.

Has anyone heard of vitex? I was reading all these great stories about how it can shorten cycles, extend lps, and start periods when breastfeeding (that encompasses all our problems I think!). I started yesterday on cd 12, probably a little late to bring forward ovulation this cycle but I'm hoping next cycle it will start to kick in!

I'm baaaaaaack!!! :D

Hope everyone's been well!! Looking forward to catching up!

YAY! Welcome back Michelle! I knew you'd be back sooner or later!

Well I think I have my pos opk!:happydance:
I've heard of vitex. I've been told to take it cd 1-14 or ov which ever comes first, to help with short lp. I'm cd 15 now. Didn't temp this cycle so hoping that either tomorrow or day after my cp will have dropped so I can say that today or tomorrow was Ov day and count lp days from then.
Also worth noting I was also told if your breastfeeding not to take vitex for every day of your cycle, stick to the 1-14

Welcome back Michelle!

Thanks Steph, she is a trooper. She did great yesterday (other than a bit of crying throughout the day), she ate well and slept there too. Hoping it continues that way, no tears at drop off this morning either! :happydance:

And also will have to learn more about this Vitex, it sounds like a wonder drug :haha:

Kay, yay for Oving, get to BDing young lady!

Thanks ladies!! I'm so excited!! I do have one limitation before we officially ttc and that's lose 20lbs. I'm hoping to accomplish that within 3 or so months. In the mean time we'll be ntnp! :dance:

I've heard of the vitex. I was going to try it before having Sofia, as my LP was anywhere from 8-11 days [sometimes 14]. It was so all over that I wanted to try anything to stablize it. How about B6? I know that has done wonders for a few women on here [one had a 7 day LP and after just 2 months of taking it has a 15-16 day LP and was knocked up 2 cycles later! :shock: :dance:]

Good luck everyone!!

Emily so glad Isla's day went well! Must be a big relief for you to know that she likes it there!

Kay yay for O!

Michelle yay for NTNP! Good luck with the weight loss!

I've heard of B6 but haven't done much reading around it. I think I might need to step it up next cycle. Although at the moment I'm starting to wonder whether we should continue ttc. My husband has been having headaches for a couple of months and had an MRI done. We got the results back today and it shows some white dots on his brain. They said it's non-specific and could be nothing. Or it could be something. I've googled and now I am freaking out he might have multiple sclerosis! He needs to see a neurologist for further investigations. Part of me wants to continue ttc and not put our lives on hold with the whatifs, but maybe it would be wiser to wait. I don't know :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->