Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Kay, really hoping it is just IB, keep us posted and wishing you lots of luck!

Steph, that sucks that your DH told his sister but try not to feel too much pressure. I find people are so nosy re TTC. As soon as Isla turned 1 people started asking us when #2 was going to make an appearance. :wacko:

My SIL and BIL have been TTC #2 for quite some time, (my niece is almost 4). At a family get together a particularly nosy Aunt asked them point blank why they were only having one kid and my SIL who is quite shy had to explain that they were in fact trying and had been for awhile. So awkward and rude :growlmad:

I have a new theory and for the time being I'm sticking to it. One hormone is trying to get AF started, while the other hormone has leveled out somewhat so trying to keep her away for a normal length of time (2ww) And its caused it to come early but be lighter....I dunno, but I guess its possible.

How long has your LP been lately Kay? It's been shorter lately right?

Yeah its gradually been lengthening but I had a 6 day lp, last cycle it was either 7 or 8 days, this cycle I was 9 dpo when the spotting started so 8 day lp, but I very nearly made it into the 10th day so I'm sure next cycle I'll get to 10 dpo and have long enough. I so want it to stop and to have a bfp. But I really don't think that I'll be that lucky. It most likely is just AF messing me around.

Well it's great that it's getting longer. :thumbup:

I stopped getting AF before getting pregnant with Isla because I was ill (I have Crohn's disease and had a really bad flare and lost a ton of weight). When AF came back my LP was really wonky for the first few cycles too (short). I found taking B6 and B12 supplements helped to lengthen it quickly, have you tried those at all?

I had the same problem last time and I did take B6 then and it helped, but I was hoping it would lengthen enough by itself with not bfing as much as I was with DS3.

Gotcha, hopefully it will. God knows what kind of wonky schedule I'm going to be on (if AF ever shows up).

I have totally lost the plot. For some reason I decided it would be a brilliant idea to check my cp while in the bath. I thought if it was low, firm and slightly open I'd know that it was over and that af was just light because she loves to wind me up.
Aaaaaanyway, it was like "erm where is it?" it was so high, soft, tilted backwards and tightly closed! So I looked it up on line and HSC is the position for pregnancy, and it can be at that position as early as 12dpo or may not move until after a missed period. I would be 12dpo if I was still counting on that cycle rather than a new one.
After I do the school run the spotting starts for a while then stops again, but I've had 3 school runs today so its not had a huge amount of time to stop.
I bled heavier than this when I was 8 weeks with DS3 and they couldn't see where it was coming from.
Now I'm worried about getting my hopes up and not being pregnant, or that I am pregnant and messing with my cervix will make things worse! I last peed at 4pm, I'm going to try to wait till 8, or longer if possible and test.
Sometimes I really wish I was normal and didn't obsess or go to such lengths in the name of ttc. Wouldn't it be nice just of have sex then 'surprise, you're pregnant' ??

Sorry to go on. I had nothing, nothing at all, for 5 hours. And I didn't pee for 5 hours. I went and did a test, BFN. And now I've got spotting again. And the cramping from the first day is starting up again. Maybe AF is finally going to show properly. Maybe my hormone theory was right and she's been held off as long as possibly. Maybe theres something more going on, but I'd have thought by now I'd have seen something on a test, even if my stupid lp wasn't going to allow it to stick.

Its driving me crazy. Even though I didn't pee for 5 hours, I kept going into the bathroom to check. I swear I'm not testing again. I'm not pregnant and thats that.

Its driving me crazy. Even though I didn't pee for 5 hours, I kept going into the bathroom to check. I swear I'm not testing again. I'm not pregnant and thats that.

I know you are feeling disappointed. I'm really sorry. It simply just sucks, this ttc thing!
Hopefully this is your last confusing cycle :hugs:

It would have been so much easier if AF had just arrived normally. So hard not to hope.

Sorry Kay, bleh this ttc really is draining. It makes us over analyse everything for that odd chance that maybe there is hope, and then it's crushed.

I am now eight(sorry my number eight is broken on my keyboard so have to spell it out!)/9dpo and still bfn. I had very light cramping yesterday and the day before and today it's pretty much gone and I have no other symptoms. I really thought it was implantation but maybe I am just hyperaware of everything my body is doing. I am trying to prepare myself for another failed cycle but I also can't help hoping (and testing lika a madwoman!). I wish i could upload pictures straight from my phone, tests always make a thread more interesting!

Good luck, hope those cramps were implantation. Someone needs to start the landslide of BFPs!

We have made it to 100 pages on this thread! Definitely time for a bfp!

However over here I'm still getting bfns. I've noticed a few more 'symptoms'. My face is covered in zits (I never get zits), more cramping, and I had a really vivid dream that rats were coming into bed and I woke up in a panic and nearly jumped out of bed before I realised it was a dream. I've done 4 tests today as I really feel I could be pregnant and not even a faint line :( Here's hoping it's too early! I am so tempted to get a frer as I hate the ics but at $17 for a 3 pack I really can't afford to keep buying them every month. Damit, I'm getting my hopes up again.

I'm sorry Kay, that is all very confusing. Checking CP wouldn't do anything even if you were pregnant so don't feel like you made a mistake checking :hugs: Sorry everything has been so confusing for you.

My CP is the exact same, I took a test last night just out of curiosity and it was BFN. It was actually a pretty stupid thing to do since I am using Dollar Store cheapies so am guessing it is probably best to use FMU with them, though I am assuming that I am out for this month too :cry:

Steph is it possible that you're wrong re your DPO? All of your symptoms sound promising...

Sorry about bfn Emily :( Any other signs that your cycles may be returning?

I am not exactly sure about my dpo because I had a +ve opk on the 31st with O pains on the 31st and 1st, but negative opk on the 1st, and then+ve again on the 2nd and 3rd and then I ran out of opks! I am going by my first opk and O pains which would make me eight/9 dpo, but if I went by my 2nd LH surge I could be around 6dpo. I know I should wait another couple of days to test but I really feel pregnant and just wish those stupid tests would show me a second line! It will make it all the more disappointing when I keen getting bfns and then af :(

Do I assume that next month I'll get the extra half day and just go with the flow, or do I track everything again until I do get long enough, then try to relax? I don't like to think I could be trying for months to find out that I still don't have a chance, but how much difference can a few hours make?? I'm feeling very done with the whole ttc thing right now. I hate not knowing what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->