Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Thanks Kay. I've spent the whole day feeling down in the dumps and having bad thoughts about taking years to get #3 if ever. Then I baked cookies with my dd and ate them all.

Aw Steph, I'm so sorry for the BFN but you're not out until AF shows. Try not to be too upset; am glad that you're waiting to test for a bit. :hugs:

I'm going to be testing on Sunday. I expect it will be BFN based on the test I took earlier this week (which I am still mad at myself for taking :growlmad:).

Yesterday I did have some cramping near my ovaries on both sides so maybe that is something, (i.e. getting ready to ovulate). I can be hopeful right :haha:

I'm terrible when it comes to the things I can't control and the 'not knowing' and TTC its all of that x10 because its such a big thing

Kay, I was definitely the same the first time I was TTC. Especially since we had to delay it a bit as I got sick and my period got messed up. I was really stressed and was worried that I would never get a chance to be a Mother.

Now that I have Isla, she is the light of my life. I feel so blessed to have her and I really want to give her a sibling. I hope I can be more laid back this time around but once I'm in the thick of it, I'm sure I'll be just as stressed as last time. Especially with what my BIL and SIL have experienced with not being able to conceive #2 :cry:

Plus my sister and best friend are both due this month, seeing their little babies is going to make we want another one SO badly!!!!

AF is here!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Never thought I would be so happy to get my period. :haha:I figure my first few cycles will be messed up but hopefully I can get back on track by early next year! Very happy right now.

Yay Emily!!! Hooray for af! Af is due tomorrow for me so we will be cycle buddies!

Kay i'm exactly the same with the not knowing. I've always been a planner so this ttc thing drives me nuts! although I'm in a better place now that I've stopped obsessively testing, I've come to terms with going on to cycle 4. I'll try charting, using vitex from cd1, and buying some preseed!

Kay hopefully not long until ovulation! Are you doing opks/charting?

Af once again came right on schedule at 14dpo almost to the hour of when I had O pains 2 weeks ago. I've been trying to decide my plan of action from here. I guess I don't have that much to gain from charting seeing as my O signs are quite obvious and it seems too much work. I'll buy some preseed though and give that a shot, if anything it will make dtd more fun. I'm still trying to decide whether to take the vitex or not. I've conceived 3x quite easily in the past and this time my cycle was only 32 days so I'm thinking maybe I hold off on it for one more cycle and if I don't conceive then I'll give it a shot.

I must say though I'm starting this cycle with a lot less enthusiasm than the past 3.

I was going to temp but haven't been doing it so think its a bit late to get a clear pattern before Ov so just going to keep an eye on other signs and then 've only got a few opks left so when I think I'm going to get a positive from other signs then I'll do one.
I think you are right and you don't have a lot to gain from charting if you know when you O and when to expect AF etc I want to stop charting once I know I've got enough days on my LP so hopefully after this cycle. It just adds so much stress, which isn't good for conceiving.
DS1 I fell pregnant first month. DS2 7th month, DS3 took 12 months, DS4, once I'd figured out LP was the problem and taken B6 to lengthen that, took around 6 months, although a total of 2.5 years because I didn't realise the problems I was having. My guess is that once my LP is sorted, as long as theres no other issues, I could be pregnant in 6-12 months. Although I obviously want it to be much sooner. I'd love to be pregnant by Christmas. I'd get the summer baby I want and the age gap I want. All my boys birthdays are feb, march and oct.
Sorry I'm just rambling now LOL I think I plan too much sometimes LOL

Me too, initially Christmas seemed like ages away but now it's only 3 months! I'm glad I started ttc before my desired age gap, at least for now my age gaps aren't being compromised. Ideally I want all three within 4 years of each other, so I think it gives me another 6 months. At the moment it feels like since it hasnt happened by now it will never happen! I keep thinking maybe there is something wrong, which I know is over-dramatic after 3 cycles (one of which was 41 days long and I completely missed the O window). I went all out with the internet shopping today. I bought some preseed, soft cups, more opks, and fertilaid for men. At least it feels like I'm doing something about it!

I can't even imagine ttc for 2.5 years. It must really take its toll. How come you didnt start the b6 straight away this time?

I wasn't sure the same thing would happen as I wasn't fully BFing DS4 like I had been with DS3. The hormone which makes you produce milk can lower progesterone which can shorten your LP. I wanted to just see what happened. And as it seems to be gradually increasing by itself I'd rather let it naturally.
I completely understand your feelings, I kept thinking (and also ridiculously do now) that if I didn't fall pregnant it was because I wasn't meant to have another. I wanted a much smaller gap between ds3 and 4 but it wasn't meant to be. I didn't even realise there was an issue as I was having regular 28 day cycles, so didn't even know Ov could be in the wrong place. But I got to the point where I said if I wasn't pregnant by DS3s 3rd birthday I was calling it quits. I got my BFP 1 month before his 3rd birthday! But as silly as it sounds, only being on cycle 5 and knowing that so far I haven't even had long enough LP to fall pregnant I still feel like it will never happen.

Woo Hoo cycle buddies :happydance:

I'm sorry that AF got you Steph but glad that you've got a plan of action.

Try to stay positive ladies! As you both said, neither of you have been TTC very long yet. I know it will happen for you both soon. :thumbup: Steph the preseed sound like a good plan and Kay hopefully now that you know about the LP issue hopefully things will happen much more quickly for you this time. 2.5 years is a long time to TTC, I would have lost my mind :wacko:

CD 3 here. I have to get out my old charts and start comparing things. I am going to track my cycles using my old natural family planning charts, now that I actually have a cycle again :haha:. I am really hopeful that AF continues to show up on a somewhat regular schedule, what I'm most focused on right now. I know my first couple of cycles will probably be a wash anyway, just want to make sure that my body gets back on track.

I also talked to my DH about TTC a bit more this weekend now that we know what my body is doing. He wants to wait to actively TTC until June. He really hated the whole TTC process so he's hoping that we just fall pregnant before that time. I'm going to "keep him in the dark" re my cycles and try to keep him as relaxed as possible about the whole process.

Yeah I don't really go into any details with dh. He'd think I was mental. I think he is starting to feel like he is ready for it to happen now as he has started pointing out baby things and asking how long till we can move. Which as far as he seems to be concerned it won't happen until we move even though we are supposed to be NTNP. Men live in a dream world lol

Yeah, I think most men like to be kept out of the loop about the whole TTC thing. I guess when the time comes they are the ones who are under pressure to "perform" as it were so I kinda see why they don't want to know the difference between a fun bd and a TTC bd (not that they can't be the same thing :haha:)

Dh used to say (jokingly but I guess they can feel this way at times) that I was using him for baby making.

Yeah my DH used to really stress about it too, especially before Isla was born. Now at least we know that we can conceive :haha:

My dh said all I ned him for is his sperm! I can relate to so much of what you say Kay. I want a summer baby too. All mine are fall, winter & spring babies. I also keep feeling like it might not happen at all. I don't have a lot of time to wait. It's not as much my age, but dh's age.
I got my smiley opk yesterday. Dh rolled his eyes and said it stressed him out. He was however a good sport about it all. Not testing until 10dpo - 9/25.

Come on thread we need some :dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->