Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Steph, I know it's tough but I would wait a few more days and then test. It could be that you're still too early. I still have hope for you!

My body is a bit crazy right now I think. It doesn't help I'm sure that Isla was nursing more through the night a few times last week as she had a cold. At the beginning of August, I had a lot of EWCM and my CP moved up and was in the position it normally is when I ov. I've also had cramping and bloating throughout the month and EWCM throughout as well as sore BBs (just when Isla nurses) but that's it. I honestly don't feel pregnant; when I was pregnant with Isla I knew I was (but I was also much more in tune with my body at that point). I am still going to take a test on the 14th with FMU just to be sure but am almost 100% it will be BFN.

Kay, I think tracking one cycle might be helpful just to give you peace of mind. Then you will know for sure when you ov, can see if your LP is continuing to lengthen, etc.

It all just consumes so much of your life doesn't it. All the tracking and charting and obsessing and thinking about it.

Yep, TTC is a total time suck :wacko:

I have been really tempted to go back and look over my old charts (my Natural Family Planning ones) to see what my cycles looked like but I figure there isn't much point. I honestly feel that things won't regulate until I stop feeding Isla throughout the night (though she normally doesn't do that often anymore) but I'm not ready to stop yet. With her just starting day care, I really don't want to change anything else in her routine until she's had a few months to adjust...

Thats understandable, if it isn't something that has to change then allowing extra time will probably make it easier on her.

Yep definitely want to make things as easy as possible for her. Truthfully she is a very easy going kid, day care hasn't phased her in the least, (thankfully) so I'm sure she'd do fine with it, I'm the one who would miss it more I think :blush:

If I do get a BFN on Sunday, I'm going to have a talk with my DH about NTNP/TTC and figure out a plan. If I do have to cut back on breastfeeding eventually, he'll have to be on night duty for the first little while so we'll have to figure all of that out.

Yeah it's probably a good idea to give her a little more time. With dd1 I night weaned at nearly 13 months, it took about 3 nights of my dh being on night duty and then after that she stopped waking up for the boob. But then she started making up for it during the day! I couldn't even sit down on the couch that she would come toddling over but I still managed to get pregnant and kept nursing her until I was 13wks pregnant ( at which point I developed a really big aversion to feeding her and stopped). I hope I manage to bf #3 for at least a year, dd2 started refusing me at 4 months and I really miss it!

In other news I think I am 9dpo today and those stupid ics still aren't giving me a bfp . Baah! They give the slightest shadow of something which in my rational brain I know isn't a bfp but my irrational brain keeps going back to look at the test in different lights and different angles thinking that something will magically appear. I am starting to accept that I am not pregnant and that my 'symptoms' weren't actually symptoms but no doubt I will be frantically searching for that 2nd pink line which is MIA again tomorrow.

My ICs are the work of the devil. I caved, I tested again after a 4 hour hold. I could swear I saw something. I went off, came back, omgomgomg pink line! as I stood there staring it moved. DYE RUN! I have of course tested again, and keep looking at the other tests, even thought the dye run moved all the way to meet the test line it still dried with a pink line. I've had dye runs on 2 more tests, and none of 1. I've only got 2 tests left so I think I'll just use them up and get them out the way. Then I can't do this to myself again. I'm not even buying a test unless AF doesn't show up at all.

That sucks Kay! I got really excited there for a split second! I am also coming to the conclusion that ics are rubbish and shouldn't be bought. I think next cycle I won't torture myself with them.

Those ICs do sound awful, so many people have gotten false positives with them.

I am holding out hope that yours is a real BFP though Steph. Kay, maybe yours will turn into something too, did you get AF or has it stopped now???

Its stopped. It never turned into a full blown af. Was a mix of very very light bleeding, and spotting. I didnt get the really painful cramps I usually get, just some mild ones now and again. I didn't get the skin out break (thats actually starting now that its all over, and on my forehead instead of my chin like usual) and I haven't been moody and snappy with anyone. BUT I'm sure by now something should be showing if I was going to get a BFP. I'm CD6 which would have been 14dpo.

Hmm Kay, that's very odd. Could you be wrong re your dpo? Maybe wait a few more days and try to test again? Sorry you're having such a frustrating cycle :hugs:

How terribly frustrating Kay!
Hoping for pink lines Steph!
Cd9 over here :coffee:

Ok I have officially gone completely crazy with this testing thing and I am seeing lines every where. Last night I swear I could see something pink on the cheapie, I took a photo super-zoomed it and convinced myself even more. This morning I took another ic and dollar test and thought I could see lines straight away. Showed it to dh, who of course couldn't see anything. So at I rushed across the street and picked up a frer. Again no obvious line but I think if I super zoom, squint, and tilt maybe there could be something? Or should I accept that it's game over? I think I am 10 dpo.

Attachments

• DSC_1261.jpg
    DSC_1261.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_1262.jpg
    DSC_1262.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_1260.jpg
    DSC_1260.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 7
After analysing the tests for a further 3 hours I have finally convinced myself they are all bfn :( Stupid tests!!!! :hissy:

I really really hate ics and frer are so expensive. Best to hold off as long as possible.

I thought I saw something on the first test but can't see anything on the last two really. If you're 10 dpo I would try to wait two or three days and then test again. It sucks that you ladies keep getting such inconsistent results with those ICs...

I see a line on the first test. is that a first signal? I love those ones. If gave me a great line before others did!

It's a nameless ebay test, it comes in case with a pink lid. Took another one of those this am and bfn. Emily I'm going to try to follow your advice and not test until af is due. I'm getting really bored of all these bfns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->