Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Mine are feb, march and 2 octobers. Last time DH blamed himself, before I knew the problem was me he kept saying it was his age and his sperm count/quality wasn't what it used to be etc

Urgh its not fair is it? Its supposed to be so natural. There are people out there getting knocked up by accident, it shouldn't be this much work. I am so going to forget about it all after this month.
DS4 isn't well, his all snotty and stuffy nosed. Didn't get much sleep last night. Even bed sharing and BFing, because he couldn't nurse for comfort because he couldn't breath at the same time.

Urgh its not fair is it? Its supposed to be so natural. There are people out there getting knocked up by accident, it shouldn't be this much work. I am so going to forget about it all after this month.
DS4 isn't well, his all snotty and stuffy nosed. Didn't get much sleep last night. Even bed sharing and BFing, because he couldn't nurse for comfort because he couldn't breath at the same time.

I was just there. My 2 youngest are still fighting it. Haven still sleeps with us. It's exhausting! I keep saying I'm going to stop ttc & focus on other things like working out again. Cooking more. Doing more with the kids. Then I just get sucked right back in to living by what cd I am on. It's pitiful really....

My plan is to forget about it but whether or not I'll be able to is another thing.

Oh no Kay, I hope your little one feels better soon.

Honestly, it's really hard not to get sucked in because we all want another LO so badly. It does suck that sometimes those who want it most have to wait but it just means that we appreciate it all the more when it actually happens :hugs:

so glad i have you guys who are just as crazy with the whole thing lol

I'd you talk to other people they just say "relax, don't think about it and it'll happen" which is all well and good, IF you can forget about it lol

There is no way I could forget and relax, and the longer this is taking the more obsessive I'm becoming with it! Dd1 was a whoopsie after a mc, we started using condoms near ovulation because we decided we would wait another year to ttc...then BOOM I got pregnant. Now that I'm bding my butt off around O...nothing :( My dh has no idea how all-consuming this is for me and I'm trying to throw him off-scent by bding at random times through the month so he doesn't know when I'm using him for his sperm.

I'm so grateful for my two girls and that they were conceived so easily. I already knew I was very lucky, but this is just making me appreciate everything they do just a little bit more. If we never get a 3rd I'd have to get my head around it, but we would already feel blessed every day for having two healthy kids, which is a lot more than some people have.

Attachments

• DSC_1196.jpg
    DSC_1196.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
And also I have some good news about my dh! He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 30 weeks pregnant with dd2, just over a year ago. They started him on insulin straight away and he has to take a baseline insulin and then inject himself every time he eats carbohydrates. He got used to it pretty quick and it just became part of life. Anyway, recently he's noticed that's he had to take less and less insulin when he eats and now he has stopped completely and his sugars have still stayed within the normal range :/ since stopping his headaches have gone, memory is much better, and he's started lifting weights and going to the gym again. My hubby is back! I hope his sperm will make a come-back too!

Sometimes I think knowing the love you have for your children and knowing how wonderful it can be, can make you want another more. I do feel greedy at times, I've had 4 healthy babies. Its so easy to take what you do have for granted and only worry about what you don't have.

Steph, what beautiful girls you have and great news about your Hubby!

I agree with you all, we are so blessed to have the beautiful children that we do. :cloud9:

Oh I missed that last but about hubby. That's great news.

I've decided I am taking a break this month. Or at least the rest of the cycle. I could Ov at any time from now onwards but I really want to just not think about it. And start back on the next cycle with a fresh approach and hopefully feeling more positive about it all. I will then chart for one cycle, see where I am at and go from there.

That's a good idea Kay, it will be nice to give everything a break.

Btw just noticed your 1st and 3rd are 4 years apart, how do they get on?

yeah they are, almost exactly. Theres 4 weeks between their birthdays. They get on OK most of the time. The big 3 all have similar interests, and although DS1 does find DS3 annoying at times, and they do fight (but no more than either of them do with ds2) they can be really good friends too.
The other night there was a big spider in the bedroom (the big 3 all share) right near DS3s bed. Now I know some of you girls live in places where the spiders so big I'd faint if I found one in my house, and can be dangerous too. But we don't get those here and this was huge for what we do commonly see.
Anyway DS3 started screaming and freaking out, and we heard DS1 shout "quick get on my bed!" went up to find ds1 poised ready to grab it. DH got rid of it but DS3 wouldn't sleep in his own bed, so had to go in the spare bunk (we have 2 sets of bunk beds ready for when DS4 needs a bed) when I went to check on them before I went to bed I found DS1 in the spare bed with DS3, both fast asleep. So DS3 must have still be scared and DS1 got in with him.
They all fight and argue at times, thats what siblings do, but they are very close as well, even when constantly bickering. If they think someone is picking on one of the others they go investigate. DS3 just started school and they have a buddy system where a year 6 child (10/11 years old) is buddied up with a reception year (4years old) to help them get used everything. DS3s buddy is a boy who is actually quite naughty and has a bit of a reputation. DS1 and 2 both separately went to make sure that DS3 was ok when they saw him with his buddy.
I think having another in between them keeps them closer, like they both share interests with DS2 which then joins their interests together iykwim.
I worry that with 3years 7 months between DS3 and DS4 that the others will all be close and off out doing their thing and DS4 will be stuck at home too young to join in, with the others not wanting to play his silly little kid games. Thats why I want another to come along quickly. I was hoping for DS4 to be somewhere between 18 months and 2.5 years when the next one came along. The others adjusted much quicker than DS3 did to being big brothers as well.

That's so cute that they were in the same bed! I can't wait for my girls to be old enough to really play together and become friends, and hopefully for #3 to join the gang too. I understand the worry with your ds4. My dh and his sister were very close as they are 2 years apart, then their little brother came along 5 years later and got left out of everything. Even when they were older in their 20s they would go travelling together but the little brother got left out because he was still in school. Hopefully lo #5 will make an appearance soon.

Btw the spiders here are horrendous. I've only been here in Australia for 4.5years so I completely FREAK OUT when I see a big hairy spider walking along like it doesn't have a care in the world. My dh though who was brought up here just grabs it with his hands and thinks I'm over-reacting :wacko: Not to mention the python that I found in our backyard or the two toads chilling in my toilet when I went for a wee. And I live in the city!

That, right there, is what puts me off moving there. A few years ago we were considering it. Apparently there was a big call for welder/fabricators and engineers in Australia and Canada and DH has extended family out there. But I just can't deal with the spiders.
I grew up in the city, then moved out to the country at 14, I've got better with my fear of spiders, but the big ones we get here are still too much for me LOL I do actually have to get my own child to rescue me. Although the big ones I tend to make him get with a glass and paper. I tried to be brave and no project my fear onto the boys, but DS3 still doesn't like bugs. Can't say I blame him really lol

I'm sure they will be close in other ways, like hopefully DS4 will be able to turn to them with anything he feels he can't speak to us about, but it would be nice for him to have a playmate. Someone who wouldn't moan about not wanting to watch his 'baby shows' etc

I think it's healthy to have fear of spiders! When I see one it's pretty much each person for themselves so it's a good thing for the kids to run away lol. When my dh isnt home to kill it I grab the can of Mortein and spray at it from a distance until it pretty much dies from being drowned than the poison. I miss Glasgow where all the creepy crawlies freeze to death!

Think I'd be the same. I'm not allowed to kill them though. Its the one thing I've said no to, pet wise, is a tarantula. We've even had a stick insect and had bearded dragons and geckos which ate live food, so I couldn't even feed them, dh had to. But no way is a big ol' spider coming in my house with my permission lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->