Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

He does sound really funny Kay! And oopsie about not marking it down, that does suck.

Steph, is there anywhere else that you can work part-time, like a clinic or something? Might be less stressful than a hospital? Like you said, hopefully you get pregnant soon though and can put it off for a bit longer.

I started tracking this cycle and then stopped; things have been crazy this week and Isla has decided to go on a sleep strike for some reason so I am beyond tired :sleep: Just counted and I am now CD14, which probably means that I will likely ov either today or tomorrow. We are both so tired that I doubt any BDing will be happening tonight, we'll see if we feel like it tomorrow.

I have also been thinking of how hard it would be to be pregnant right now with Isla's sleep being all over the place since starting day care. Some nights she does great, others she is up multiple times. She has also had a few colds and I think she's teething right now too so it's no wonder that she's unsettled at night. Plus, I know day care is a big change for them; even though she really is doing amazing there, (we're very proud of her :cloud9:).

Anyway, how do you deal with being pregnant and taking care of a younger child, since I know you guys have done it before. Where do you find the energy? I'm getting a bit freaked out about the prospect of being pregnant while she's still younger and nursing, while working, etc.

Honestly for me while they are young and you are not sleeping anyway it works better. But mine are not great sleepers and if I waited till each slept well my gaps would be years bigger. DS3 started sleeping really well a few weeks after my BFP and having my sleep taken away from me after a total of 7 years without a full nights sleep, then about 6 months of good sleep, was not fun.
I recently saw on telly after it was announced that Kate Middleton and Prince William were having another baby, that apparently experts say that 21 months is the perfect age gap. Who these experts are and how they know this I have no idea, but its apparently to do with still being in the baby zone.
I think whenever you get pregnant you just make it work. And yes you are tired and yes it can be hard work, but it doesn't last forever and just as it gets easier, you get broody again LMAO

Lol Kay that is the reason why I like my opks as I know when I am in the tww I'd go extra crazy trying to backtrack and work out when I ovulated. Hopefully af will stay away (for 9 months)!

Emily I got my bfp when lo was 14 months and it was ok. It was hard in the first trimester as I was so tired and so sick but we just got through it. My dh helped a lot during the night and let me sleep in the morning, and during the day if I was feeling really bad I'd put the tv on. I remember feeling really guilty about it but it was just for a few weeks and she got a little sister out of it! It would be harder imo to go through pregnancy when they are older, throwing tantrums, and not napping. Another reason for baby #3 to hurry up is that dd2 is a great sleeper and napper at the moment. Going through the 1st trimester now would be a breeze!

And yeah a clinic would be a million times better than the hospital, I think I just need to update my cv and start sending it around. Yesterday I got an email saying the breast pump company where I bought my breast pump from were recruiting, it needed to be someone with breastfeeding and pumping experience to be part of customer support working from home. I thought I'd found the perfect job and was so excited I started writing an email back, when I realised the email was 10 days old and they had closed applications :( Boo.

Aw thats a shame about the job.

I'm trying to go by the latest possible date but those other symptoms around the earliest date were pretty convincing.
I'd probably test my way through anyway if I didn't just have a couple left. I'm not even going to bother af symptom spotting as I didn't have any of my regular symptoms last cycle.

I thought I'd have a play with the tickers, I was on a forum when I was pregnant with ds1 and used to love updating my ticker every now and then (simple things lol)

Lol definitely the simple things! It's nice to see all your boys' names too! It's probably a good thing that you only have a couple of tests left. After last month I've come to the conclusion that compulsive testing is self-destructive. Although I know once the time comes I'll probably turn into a compulsive testing maniac again and then feel really destroyed when I keep getting bfns. The only thing that might curb me this month is that my in-laws are coming to stay for a week right around the end of the tww.

Well I thought I'd see how many were left, I was wrong. Theres NONE they were opks not hpts. Not a bad thing though so no testing at all lol

also i realised that everyone is learning each others kids names too now so thought it would be easier if i had their names in my siggy. I know steph you have sophia and sienna, michelle has sofia, and emily has Isla and obviously Amys are all H names.

Love the tickers too Kay!

Thanks for both sharing your experiences, makes me feel better. I was having a bit of a freak out because of the lack of sleep I think. I guess we would make everything work whenever it happens, nice to hear that others have dealt with it and made it work!

Steph that sucks about the job, maybe call them and mention that you know that the deadline has passed but you would be interested if a similar opportunity came up in future.

Going to try and get a BD in today, we'll see how it goes!

Good luck squeezing some bd in.
Oh man found a note in my eldest bed. It said "stuff I want to keep secret from my brothers...
I have 2 girlfriends"

:O !!!

Cramping a lot this evening. Am either 8 or 5 dpo I think so could mean anything or nothing at the moment. Though I am having a mama bear moment. Want to tell hubby just forget the £65 we paid for ds2 to register with his football (soccer) club and transfer to the one ds1 plays for after what I feel was unfair treatment at last weeks match and a pretty bull cr*p excuse about it at this weeks training session. Good thing I don't take him to those things. Grrr

Lol 2 girlfriends! Kay your boy is a player! What happened at football practice?

Emily hope you are getting plenty of bding in! Any signs of O?

Not much going on here, cd15. I think I'm in my fertile window now, so used the pre-seed for the first time last night. I don't think I used enough though (just put it on dh) because I didn't even notice a difference:shrug:

You know I completely forgot I mentioned that here LOL
So, because of their ages Zacs team are in a league where the scores are not even recorded on a league table. Wins and losses don't matter its just to get them used to playing matches. The coach said because it didn't matter, and in the interest of fairness every child would get half a game. Zac is basically the only one who will stay in his position, the others either stand staring into space or run around like headless chickens. They are 6 after all. Zac was brought on for the second half. He ran his guts out. His first ever match and the coach is shouting (not in a loud so you can hear me over the crowd way but proper screaming so he could hardly speak afterwards) at all the kids, but especially Zac. He is everywhere. He is told to stay on the left wing and when he gets forward pass to the coaches son so he can score (boy can not kick a ball but is the striker because his dad wants him to be) So thats what Zac does. He gets tackled by his own player. Run the full length of the pitch with the ball passing forwards several times for the son to miss the ball completely. Then half way through his half he is TAKEN OFF! Because the coach wants to win so brings another defender on. That was last Sunday. He came home in a foul mood, really upset thinking he'd done something wrong as he was the only one who didn't get a whole half and another kid got 3/4s. DH spoke to the coach on Saturday and he said "I did it to give him a kick up the bum because he wasn't trying hard enough" WTH? It was obvious he wanted to win, even though "it doesn't matter" and the only other kids he could take off were his own son or sons of people who help with coaching or got the teams kits on discount etc people he wanted to keep sweet. The kid he brought on just stood and watched the ball go past and they ended up losing anyway. He told Zac he needs to get stuck in more, DH said if he gets any more stuck in he'd be kicking people up in the air. Coach said it doesn't matter as they don't get yellow or red cards at that level! The man is so confusing he'll tell him to do one thing then tell him something different. And the kids don't get praised if they lose or draw. Jimi played his first match for his team this week and even though they are older and they lost they were still praised, each individual child for at least one good thing they did in the match. Jimis team has lots of age groups so trying to get Zac to swap so they are training at the same ground with a more put together team. But Zac is so loyal.

Anyway.....I'm between 7 and 10 dpo. My test estimated delivery is from thursday onwards. I really hope they arrive earlier. Thursday I'll be 10 - 13 dpo so most like be getting af then.

Wow I would be super annoyed at that coach! Sport is meant to be fun and increase self-confidence and he seems to be doing exactly the opposite to Zac. In that case (and if Zac is willing!) I would 100% swap him to a more positive team and forget about the money.

It seems like your lp is finally getting longer , so excited for thursday, fingers crossed for no af and the start of our baby boom!

This week before training DH arrived early with Zac and they had a kick about and Zac was getting really frustrated with himself and almost crying in frustration because he was trying to score with a first touch using his laces like they have been telling them they absolutely have to do. DH said to him that if he scores a goal no one will care which part of his foot he uses and that there isn't only 1 way to do things. When he relaxed and did it the other way like he usually does he got the ball on target and was happy then. They are sucking the fun out of it for him and making him think he isn't any good.
The other team is a proper FA affiliated club. You can even buy merchandise from a local sport shop so that you can have the scarves and hats etc when you go along to support them. They have teams from the under 7s right the way through to 2 adult teams.
Most of the parents are unhappy and it seems a lot will just be seeing out the season then moving on. So he may agree to change teams if a lot of the others go.
This sunday I said to him before he left for the match to just ignore what the coach was saying and play the way he is happy to. No one else seems to be listening to him when they are on the pitch and he doesn't ALWAYS have to pass to the other boy, he he thinks he can score go for it. Thats what happens in teams, you get different people scoring goals.

Oh well. He seems happier now.

Really hoping AF doesn't show before Thursday. Tempted to walk to the shop but its a long way and i could only be 7 dpo...

OMG Kay that coach sounds awful! What a horrible man for taking all of the fun out of the game, they are only children after all, let them play the way they want to. :grr:

We did BD last night, we tried Saturday but were interrupted when Isla woke up and would only go to sleep in bed with us so we didn't get to "finish." Pretty sure I ov yesterday, ov cramping and lots of EWCM. I might try to get one more BD in tonight but we'll see; I'm feeling a bit sick and so are Isla and DH so doubtful we will feel up to it today. So I guess I'm officially 1DPO today; weird to back in the TWW...

I've got my fingers crossed for Thursday Kay. Don't buy a test today, it's still too early :haha:

And I agree with you Steph, I hope we see a landslide of BFPs in here soon :thumbup:

Oh and if it were to get a BFP this cycle I would be due on June 20, which is pretty close to our anniversary. Maybe that's a good sign :winkwink:

I know, I want to believe that I'm 10dpo and that this is going to be it, but the reality is probably more likely that I'm only 7 or 8 . If I actually make it till Thursday then I will at least have had a longer lp and know there was a chance that it might actually have a 2nd line.
So many friends announcing pregnancies atm.

My sister was due last week, (September 25) so baby any day for her now, making me broody as well.

Kay, I forgot to comment on that note, I have two girlfriends, hilarious :haha: Guess you've got a little playa on your hands.

Thought it was coming, he kept asking questions about "does the person have to agree to be your girlfriend?" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->