Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Ah boo :( Well there's still hope as long as af stays away.

she'll probably arrive now I've tested lol Still I didn't expect anything this month and I'm ok with not being pregnant this month because I have other things to look forward to. I'm at least 9dpo as well so if she can hold off another day I'll be even happier.

So did she hold off? At least if she does you know that you have a chance of getting pregnant and that's progress.

I am now cd 18 and still getting positive opks. Yesterday and today the line was darker than the control whereas the days before it was the same, so I think I'm going to say O day is today. I totally jinxed myself by saying I had obvious O signs and didn't need to chart!

How confusing that you are still getting positives!
No af yet. That's tiny bit of spotting Tuesday evening. Tiny bit yesterday afternoon. That's it. Dh is home today so have to be careful testing. Although I've stashed some in my makeup bag in the bathroom, so I can sneak one in.

Was at home with a sick baby so didn't get a chance to come on here yesterday at all. Poor Isla is still feverish on and off so home with DH today.

Kay, that's interesting re the spotting. Maybe it's IB? I couldn't really see anything on the test you posted but might still be early. Can't wait to see what happens when you test next!

Steph, thanks that makes me feel a bit better. Honestly, I had such horrible guilt but we had took her temp that morning and it was fine. Was nice to have a day at home with her yesterday, we spent a lot of it cuddling.

I don't love POAS (I know I'm in the minority here) :haha: When I had to keep testing before I had AF it drove me mad; I hate seeing BFNs. I think I only used two or three pg tests the whole time I was TTC for Isla, (yes I know I'm a freak) :haha:

In just so impatient that I knowing I could find out already drives me insane lol

Another bfn, but IF it was IB it would take a few days to show. I don't think it was, I think AF will arrive and it's just where everything is lengthening and regulating.

Hope it's still too early Kay but if not at least it's good that your lp is lengthening!

Yeah I'm pleased with the longer lp, whenever af decides to arrive now at least I know I CAN get pregnant now.

Kay that is so good that af has stayed away!

I've got another blazing positive opk! The test line is much darker than the control and came up straight away. I wish they would go negative already! I've been checking my cp the past few days. I'm very new at this but around cd16-17 it felt high soft and open. Last night I *think* it was lower as it was easier to feel but was still open...? Any ideas what that means?

Emily hope Isla feels better soon. Sick babies are hard!

Af finally arrived this morning, full flow so no guess work there.

I don't know what's going on with your opks. I wonder if your trying to O but just hasn't happened yet.

How are you doing today Kay, no AF yet I hope.

Steph, it sounds like your body may be getting ready to ov. Usually after you ov your cervix moves up I believe.

Isla has Roseola :cry: I'm at home with her again, she seems to be doing better at least.

Oh poor Isla. Get well soon.

Af arrived. No doubt about it this time. Now she is here and I know I am so completely over her, and ready for her to be gone. But she held off till this morning, so I'm happy with my lp.

Awesome that your LP is getting longer Kay!

And thanks, she seems better this afternoon, hopefully she's on the mend!

I feel this cycle should count as my first as the others I didn't have a chance. But I've waited and charted and tested this long so I'm keeping those extra months LOL

It's nice knowing that your chances are so much better for this next cycle :thumbup:

In terms of ss for me, not much to report this cycle except for some bloating and cramping. Hard to believe I'm 6dpo already!

Wow Emily that has gone quick! It always seems to go quicker when it's someone else!

Kay sorry about af but it's so good that your lp is finally decent!

I am not sure what's going on with the opks, I didn't test today because we had a bbq to go to so didn't get a chance. I checked my cp again last night and it was def lower and more firm so I think I'm going to say O was on cd18. But just in case I am going to try to keep bding every other night, and see how it goes. Maybe it's a good thing that I won't b able to obsess about what dpo I am!

For the past few cycles I've been getting sore nipples after I O, which I don't have this time. I actually read on google yesterday that getting sore nipples after O may be a sign of oestrogen dominance and perhaps that o didn't actually happen. Don't know how much to believe but now I'm hoping my nipples don't get sore!

I always got sore nipples during O but then was gone after so not really sure. I've noticed that the last 2 months my af symptoms haven't been anywhere near as strong. I'm wondering if maybe it's to do with bfing less/completely stopping. Like there isn't as much strain on my body. I was getting masses of mouth ulcers as well as spots and feeling sick. Now I've got like 2 small spots and that's it.
Af is so heavy this time. Why do we have to get af?! Why couldn't it be something else or just one day of light bleeding me enough urgh. I swear once I'm done with babies I'm getting a contraception that stops the witch completely :haha:
I'm in a horrible mood today too.

I know right, you'd think nature being as clever as it is would have come up with a better system than bleeding out of your vagina for a week every month. At least we have disposable pads and tampons, my mum was telling me when she was a girl they had towels which they would have to wash and re-use. I had the implanon in for a total of 5 years and after the initial random bleeding, I didn't have periods for the whole time. It was awesome! I think I'll go back on it once we are officially done.

The weather is warming up here and I've finally got my summer clothes out! Only thing is I can't fit into them! I weighed myself and have put on 6lbs since I stopped breastfeeding :( Maybe cutting out the junk will help me conceive.

I didnt do an opk today either as we had another bbq this time at our place so there were people around. It's good for getting my mind off this ttc stuff, the kids went in the pool and had a great time. Only thing is the couple told us they are splitting up. It's so sad, their kids are 3 and 1, but it sounds like they can't see a way back.

It's starting to turn cold here, heading towards winter.
I've used cloth nappies but for some reason the idea of washing out period blood is extra yuck. I know it's just blood and I've no problem with blood from any other part of the body.
I'm only just now managing to fit into some of my old jeans. Usually my baby weight just comes straight off, I don't weigh myself but go by whether I can get into my clothes. My last lot of baby weight however skipped my bump and went into my butt and thighs, and it's still lingering. Goes to show how sizes vary by store too, some will just about do up while others won't come all the way up my thighs and they are all the same size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->