Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Aww kids and their romances are so cute! I remember my first crush...I was six! Rodrigo was dreamy in my eyes :haha:

Kay only two days to go until testing!

Emily hooray for tww!

I got a +ve opk yesterday at cd15 and today at cd16 which is early for me. I don't think I've o'd yet as I haven't had any O pains on the really tender nipples that go along with ovulation. I do have a problem though that when we dtd too many nights in a row dh takes longer and longer to finish . We dtd cd14 and cd15, so now I don't know whether to skip a day to give him time to refuel, or whether to dtd tonight but then I risk tomorrow night him taking like an hour to finish. Decisions....

So no AF yet and by my earliest possible O I'd be 11dpo so I'm going to say that I didn't O on that date, just because getting to day 10 would have been a bonus. I think I'm most like 8 (which was the latest possible date) and I don't really feel like AF is coming yet, but then again I didn't last month so not getting my hopes up. I am however hoping that the tests arrive earlier than estimated so I can get to test at least once before AF arrives. I just want to pee on something :haha:

Also I'd maybe skip a day. If you have DTD during your fertile time then you wont have missed your window with just the one day. Good luck

Yeah I agree about skipping a day too Steph. When I was TTC I used to do every second day from CD10-18 but would normally do back to back BD sessions on my CD14-CD15 as I tended to be most fertile then. Sometimes we would try to be really ambitious and do CD14-16 but normally that didn't work and as you said it takes them longer to finish which is not always the most fun :coffee:

BTW I love that your first bf's name was Rodrigo, he sounds dreamy! :haha:

Kay, hope your tests get there soon, everything sounds good. I'm excited for you!

Oh and I forgot to add that my AF is due on October 9 if I follow my normal 27 day schedule (right in time for Thanksgiving weekend, how fun). If she doesn't show, I will probably wait a little while to test as my schedule could just be a bit longer than usual given that its my first postpartum. So am thinking of waiting until October 17 or 18 before testing.

Not holding out much hope for this cycle, though we did manage to get a couple of BDs at my most fertile time, which is good.

Fingers crossed for you. As much as we try we can't really do much more than BD in our fertile windows can we.

I was so naughty today and ordered pizza for lunch! Now I feel guilty about it. I shouldn't be spending money on pizza when I'm trying to convince DH that I can afford a night out with the girls and the pre-night out hair cut I'll be requiring LMAO Honestly I can not remember the last time my hair was cut, and now I have split ends. Still I saved him some so he can't moan too much....right?
I don't think I'll be able to go anyway. My friends live too far from me for me to get a taxi home alone affordably and safely, which means either DH picking my up (and getting his sister to come round and sit in the house incase the boys wake up and him having to stay up until I text to say I'm done) or staying the night at hers. DH would have to get all the boys ready and juggle handing one over to coach for one football training and taking the other to the other training and have his sister on stand by in case I'm not back before Jimi is dropped off from football again. Plus school have decided that they are having a disco the night I've been invited out.
I keep thinking how we could make it work but seems like putting a lot of people out for me to have one night out. And its the weekend between Zac and Seths birthdays so we were having a tea party for them so we'd have to juggle that as well.
Besides, last time I went out I couldn't drink as I was 6 weeks pregnant with Seth, and I could be pregnant again for this time too.

That sucks that you might not get to go out with your friends Kay; maybe you can reschedule for a less busy weekend? I do monthly get togethers with my Mom friends for dinner and it is so nice to just have the time to ourselves. I also do an annual trip to the cottage and a night out for Christmas with my best girl friends and it definitely gives me a much needed break; you deserve that every once and a while.

I hope you also still get your hair done; just tell your DH you need it to look nice for the boy's parties! You work hard and deserve a little treat!

Feel like the worst Mom ever. Isla's sick :cry:

Daycare called us and she has a fever. DH's had to go back and pick her up as I'm in meetings most of today. I feel so awful. She was a bit warm last night but we checked her and she didn't have a temperature. I knew she had a cold but didn't know she was that sick. Feel like an awful Mom for sending her to day care sick and exposing all the other kids to her illness.

Gotta love Mom guilt...

Aw hun you didn't know she was ill. Its not like you sent her anyway knowing she was really ill. Hope she is better soon.

I spoke to DH and he agreed I 'could' go. I mean its not that he would ever stop me and even if he said an outright no, if I really wanted to go I'd say well tough I'm going. (I have been known to, but only once because he rarely says no to me :haha:) But its so much easier if its something we are both happy with so theres no sulking man huffing and puffing his way around the house in the coming weeks lol
He even said if one of them offers that I should stay over! I do feel bad putting people out, but like you say I do deserve some time to myself.

No I will just drop various hints about my hair. He'll more than likely tell me to go get it done, if he doesn't my best friend trained as a hair dresser before she had her kids and I usually get ready at hers so I'll ask her to do it for me if I get there early and I'll get her a few drinks in return.

Oh and guess what. DH had a text from Zacs coach, saying that they don't have a REFEREE for Sundays match and does one of the dads want to do it?! How can one of the Dads do it, they'd be complaints from the other team, they wouldn't be impartial if their own son was on the pitch.

And Nate had another note from his teacher in his contact book. This time it was positive though! He got on the 'Rainbow' (They start the day on the sun on the chart on the wall, if they are bad they go on the cloud, really good they go on the rainbow, if not they just stay on the sun) for the first time because he knew that you had to take 2 away from 5 to make 3. Really proud of him because he spends so much time being silly and making out he doesn't even know how to count or write his name and he does know it really.

Glad you're still going to be able to go out and treat yourself to a hair do. That's awesome that your best friend will do it, just make sure she does it before she starts drinking, that could have disastrous results :haha:

Great job Nate, that's awesome he got recognized by his teacher :thumbup:

And yes, odd that the coach would ask one of the parents to referee, even if they were being impartial I bet parents on the other team would complain...

I still feel bad about sending her even though I know it wasn't on purpose. She's at home with DH and doing better, still a bit warm, whiny and clingy. I'm going to be off with her tomorrow morning bc she has to be fever free for 24 hours before she can go back. I may just keep her at home all day with me, I'll see how she's doing.

I know its hard not to feel guilty if you are not with them when they are ill or if you make them do something or think they are just being a grump only to realise later they were actually getting sick. It happens to everyone at one time or another. I hope she is better soon.
Haha don't worry I'll have to be there early enough that its before her girls go to bed so no drinking. And I only want it trimmed and thinned out. Its so thick and I keep being tempted to have it cut off short but I know I'll miss the length if I do. I might still get it done somewhere though so I get that nice shiney feeling lol Then just get her to style it for me.
Sorry its so rare I do anything that I'm so excited. She said its a meal then off to a pub that has a live band, dance floor and friday nights is 60s, 70s and 80s music night. It has been about 4 years since I went anywhere that I could dance. Last time I went out one of our friends didn't want to dance and kept moaning she was tired so we just sat with her all night. She is pregnant now and apparently only coming to the meal. I'm going dancing whether I get a bfp or not, I just wont be drinking if i do lol

Oh well, spotting started. 10:30pm here. I could have been anywhere between 8 and 11dpo. So I am going to hazard a guess that I was more likely 9 dpo. Do you count spotting as the first day or when it turns to proper bleeding? I've never regularly had spotting before af but last month and this month I have so seems it's becoming a regular thing. Either way it's started later than last cycle so it's still a step closer.

Emily sorry Isla is sick. Mummy guilt is awful, but if you didn't know then it wasn't your fault. My girls are just on the tail end of a bad cold, and when it started with Sophia I thought she was just being a brat only to find out later that she had a temperature. I felt awful! She got extra special cuddles afterwards. Btw i can't believe you are so good at not testing! I wish I had the same control!

Kay sorry about the spotting :( I'm not sure when you'd count cd1 as mine usually starts full flow but I think it's when you start spotting. At least now you can have a few drinks on the night out. You should definitely go and treat yourself, it's not like you are inconveniencing people every week, I am sure they won't mind every now and then.

Over here we didn't bd last night, hopefully I didn't skip the wrong day. I still feel like I haven't O'd though because I haven't had any pains or sore nipples that usually comes after ovulation. I wish I was charting now!

I bet you a million dollars that as soon as I've posted this she'll show up full force, buuuut..... No more yet. I tiny bit last night and that's been it. And I didn't think to look too carefully at colour etc. just thought "great, spotting again"
I put spotting into FF and it's not started me a new cycle so I guess that means you count from full flow :/
I don't want to read too much into it because of the spotting last cycle but it is hard not to slightly hope.

Still no spotting, tests arrived so I did one. Not much hold, mid morning.
I think I've got an evap :( must have been getting close to time but I didn't look at the clock. :doh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3
I can see it something! Hard to tell whether it has any colour or not, fingers crossed!!!!!!

I don't think its it. It doesn't look like much of anything dried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->