Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

That's the worst when it only goes up the thighs! I put on a lot of weight with my pregnancies, like 20kgs (40lbs) with each but lost it both times within 3 months or so because of bfing. Now its the first time in nearly 4 years that I am not pregnant or breastfeeding and I'm still eating just as much. Plus I'm doing 0 exercise. I'm really going to try to cut back because I can't afford a whole new wardrobe!

I put on about 3 stone each time, so I think that world out around the same as you. But it all just came right off after. I really don't mind carrying a little extra weight. I've been told a few times I'm too skinny. But I did expect it to just come off by itself again and so I've only got about 4 pairs of jeans that actually fit and I love my jeans. I live in them, especially with winter coming. I've got some really nice pairs and I want to wear them damn it lmao

Kay sorry AF is being such a horrid witch! Yes, having a period is the worst, though I am still just happy to have mine back at the moment (check back with me in a few more cycles and see if I have the same attitude) :winkwink:

Steph, that is weird re your OPKs and CP being kind of inconsistent. Do you usually track CP and do you normally follow a specific pattern?

Re weight gain, I gained quite a bit with Isla (42 lbs), it took me 6 months to lose it all and then some. I am still Bfing which has helped to keep the weight off but lately we haven't been eating wonderfully (lots of unhealthy snacks on weekends) so I'm trying to cut all of that stuff out again. I'm generally pretty good at exercising regularly but with Isla sick last week it kind of went by the wayside so am getting back into my schedule this week. I figure if I can't be pregnant right away I'm at least going to be in good shape!

And Kay I was the same, gained weight in my butt and hips with Isla not tummy. I actually only got stretch marks after I gave birth to her and they are on my hips. I also have two fat pockets on my hips that won't disappear no matter how much weight I lose, frustrating...

The amount I eat I should be massive so I shouldn't moan really. My others I was all bump, I got so many stretch marks with ds1 there wasn't room for any more with the others lol

So I've been googling and now I am getting really worried. I've been reading in a lot of places that when your nipples become sore after 'O' , it could mean that you have a hormone imbalance and didn't O at all :( This has happened for the past 2 cycles. The 1st post partum cycle was 41 days and I'm pretty sure unovulatory but I thought I was back on track after that. This time I felt nothing, no O pains, no nipple pain, nothing at all. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but I'm getting really stressed that I'm not even ovulating! I've only been checking my cp for the past week, I've never done it before so I'm still familiarizing, however the past 2 days it was definitely low and firm so my body at least thinks it has ovulated. I really should have temped!

My diet is not going well either. My extra weight is all in my butt and thighs and when I put shorts on it's just looking like I have stuffed sausage legs sticking out of them. Boo :(

Sorry things are stressful Steph :hugs: Don't beat yourself up too much about your diet, all you can try to do is be better tomorrow right? Doesn't help to get down on yourself for what happened today.

As for Ov, maybe temp next time just to make sure that things are happening, I'm sure that they are or maybe your body is just taking a little longer to get back on track post partum. Hopefully you did ov this cycle, (you were getting positives on OPKs right?) but try not to worry about it and if you do get AF, you can start temping next cycle to make sure you know what's going on.

Oh and I'm 100% not feeling pg at all. I would put money on the fact that I am out. No bloating anymore, no sore boobs, no naseau, etc. When I was pregnant with Isla I could tell that I was, like no question.

Ah well, hopefully AF shows on time and then it will be on to the next cycle.

Hugs, def temp next cycle. It helps make it clearer when you have O'd so at least you'd know.

OMG, my sister is finally in labour right now, I'm so excited!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thanks, she still only 5 cm, in the hospital and has had an epidural so she's happy now :haha:

Eek how exciting! Hope it doesn't take too long!

She had the baby at just after 11 pm last night, a beautiful little girl. She was 7lbs 8 oz, not bad as my sister was almost two weeks late. Can't wait to meet her this weekend! :cloud9:

Thanks, I am SO happy and thrilled for my sister. This is going to make me broodier than ever :haha:

I know. I went shopping with my friend and her 4 month old daughter and even those few months between her and ds4 made a huge difference and made me so broody

I'm hoping to get DH to spend as much time as possible with her so he'll move up our TTC date. I've managed to push him from June to April, maybe the cute baby will get me a few more months...

Congrats Emily! She will be a great play buddy for Isla, my sis has a little girl 11 months old than Sophia and they love each other!

I joined gymboree with Sienna this week and she loved it. It's a play and learn class that I used to go with Sophia, it's weird though because Sophia used to be like a whirlwind running all over the place and willing to try anything. Sienna is so much more peaceful, she will sit and look at everyone before she tries anything and if it's anything too scary she will come crawling back to me and hide her face in my lap. I think she reckons no one can see her that way lol.

I think I am about 6 dpo now (if I did O), and thought for the hell of it I would pee on an opk...yep it was positive. I wonder if I can get false positives if I pee on them at the wrong time of day. I usually do them mid-morning :shrug: There is no way I'm about to O though, I have no cm, and cp is low and very closed.

how confusing. I know you can surge with out o but thats a lot of surging you've had!

I'm starting to think maybe it's an overly sensitive batch of tests. Now the test line and control are the same colour, like it was on cd15 and 16. On cd 17/18/19 the test line was waaaay darker than the control. I'm assuming I o'd cd18, so I won't read too much into them but I won't buy from this seller again!

JUst wanted to share this photo of Sophia. She is obsessed with Frozen, so my mum got her the Anna doll and dress, and she asked me for two braids in her hair like Anna's. She doesn't have much hair so it was a bit of a challenge but think the final result is pretty cute (even if the braids do stick out for some reason :wacko:)

Attachments

• Sophia anna.jpg
    Sophia anna.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member