Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

OMG Steph, Sophia is adorable. My niece who just turned 4 is also OBSESSED with Frozen. We got her a Frozen hoodie and I got a local vendor (where I get all of Isla's clippies and headbands) to do a Frozen headband for her; I can't wait to give it to her this weekend.

And yes, I think Isla and Norah (new niece) will be great playmates; my sister and I are very close so it's really exciting that our daughters are so close in age :cloud9:

Steph, also weird re OPK, I've never used them before so not sure :shrug: I have heard of people getting positives on them before getting a BFP, hope that's the case for you!

Nothing to report here. AF should be here on Friday. I don't have any pre AF or pre preg symptoms though, very odd. No bloating or anything. I have been eating much healthier lately so maybe that's helping, who knows????

Aw she is so cute. I've still not seen frozen, I know lots of boys do like it but mine won't watch anything with princesses etc someone speculated that it's a testosterone who can be the alpha most manliest because of them all being boys lol

Af is still lingering. Yesterday and today I've had one bit of bleeding in the afternoon and nothing more. Annoying.

So ds3 started judo tonight with the bigger 2. The boy who lost 5 minutes play because he wouldnt stop talking was so quiet the other kids asked me if he could actually speak!!

Did he like judo Kay? Sounds like he was really into it!

So CD1 here. I started spotting last night and AF is here full force today. That means I only had a 26 day cycle this time. I wonder if they will always be 26 days from now on or if my LP is just shorter right now? I did have an 12 day LP though which is good I think!

Oh and for each cycle I'm going to list the positives of not being pg so I don't get too depressed. :haha:

For this cycle, it will be nice that I can continue with my healthy eating, exercise, getting really fit journey. It's also nice that I can drink this weekend for Thanksgiving and at my soon to be SIL's Bachelorette next weekend :wine:

Great idea with the positives. Mine will be that next week I can have a drink with my friends.
He did enjoy it and hopefully he'll keep behaving there. He seems to go from one extreme to the other behaviour wise.
12 day lp is good.

Yep it's a good idea to list the positives. Mine will be that my mil is arriving on tuesday and staying for a week and if I'm not pregnant at least I can have wine to be able to put up with her better. She really annoys me.

Yep it's a good idea to list the positives. Mine will be that my mil is arriving on tuesday and staying for a week and if I'm not pregnant at least I can have wine to be able to put up with her better. She really annoys me.

:rofl: If you're pregnant Steph you can snap at her and blame it on your raging hormones...

That's awesome that he likes Judo so much Kay!

I blamed my post-partum hormones last time I snapped! My mum came to stay after dd2 was born (she lives all the way in Brazil so she can't come to Oz often) so I told mil she could come after my mum left. Instead she said she was coming into town and staying with a friend. Ok fair enough I said, except that 2 days into her stay my dh phoned to say that he was picking up his mum to come and stay with us because her friend went on holiday:saywhat: I had spoken to her that morning and she hadn't even mentioned to me that she was coming to stay, let alone ask me if it was ok. I got so angry, I packed up the kids in the car and fled to my sisters and said I would only come back if she left! I am usually a very nice person and just put up with everything, but I think I was over-emotional from the birth, and the fact that dd2 was born with the LM and I had no idea whether she would be deformed for life or not, I just really wanted to be with my mum and no one else. She stayed in my house for a couple of days and filled my dh's brain with things against me (how I had no right to take the kids like that, how she was just trying to help blah blah playing the victim) After that we never resolved our issues or talked about what happened, I invited her around for a cuppa and she completely ignored me and just talked to my mum instead. Now every time we meet it's pretty awkward. Sorry I wrote an essay, and I could write a whole lot more about what a witch she is but I think I'll stop here :flower:

I could no way put up with my MIL for a week. We lived with her when we were first married and it was hard enough, now I am used to being able to distance myself I couldn't handle a week with her LOL FIL I could, but not MIL.

I like my FIL too, he is lovely. I'll try to keep as busy as I can while my dh is at work, I've got gymboree, a hair appointment for the dog, baby time at the library...anything to get out!

How long were you living with your mil for? That would have been so hard!

A couple of years. The problem was most likely me because I liked her just fine until DS1 was born. Then I couldn't stand her LOL

We didn't have much choice at the time, but I don't think I could do it again and tbh she doesn't like having little kids around her much so don't think she'd want to do it either.

See that's what I don't understand, it's not like they are any little kids, they're her grandchildren!

I know i do get very protective of my girls around MIL too, and that isn't entirely her fault. I try not to let it show but i think the my little shih tzu senses it because every time MIL comes to stay she tries to bite her, although she is fine with FIL.

She just isn't maternal apparently. According to SIL she was never maternal even when her own children were little.
SIL kids are in their 20s and she said even when they were little MIL made excuses about being too old to do anything with them. She's ok with little babies but once they start getting into things she loses interest. They are annoying. Mind you she'd be happy to be left completely alone and not see another living soul for weeks on end.

Wow, I'm now grateful for my MIL, she is actually a very lovely woman. My FIL is also nice, a bit odd but fine overall.

I can't imagine having to live with them though or spend an extended period of time with them. Funny because with my parents we can spend a week at a time with them and be fine...

My relationship with either of our mums is not great and dh has not spoken to my mum for about 10 years. Defo couldn't live with either of them again lol it's a shame FIL would love to be surrounded by his family all day every day.

That's too bad for your poor FIL Kay :nope:

AF has been a real witch this time around. I will be very happy to see the end of her!

That is a shame for your FIL and for your kids too. It must be hard not to have a 'mum' figure you can count on and to help out with the kids. I am very lucky my parents would do anything and everything for me and my kids, it's just a shame they live so far away. When dd2 was born though and after my bg fight with mil I went to stay with my parents for 3 months and it was awesome. My mum will feed, bathe, play, wake up at night with the kids and I get to have a lie in. Aaaah the life!

Emily sorry the witch is being hard on you. Hope she leaves quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->