Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Yeah, half the time Isla wakes up and just nurses for 2 seconds and then goes back to sleep; definitely a comfort thing.

I'm glad you're still going, I'm sure DH and his Sister will be fine!

And it's cd1, af once again came right on time at what I estimated to be 14dpo. I will temp this cycle , I even ordered a bbt thermometer on ebay last night so it should be here in a couple of days. I think I must be ovulating though because af is coming right on schedule every month but it will be nice to know for sure. So if I conceive this cycle it will be a july baby which means 21 months between newborn and dd2, and 3y7m between newborn and dd1. So I've been thinking on positives for the increasing age gaps:

1) We wont have 3 children in daycare at once now which would be very expensive.
2) At school each kid will be two years apart which I think spreads them out nicely.
3) There's nearly 22 months between dd1 and dd2 so if we get another similar gap it will be a very neat little family.
4)It will be easier as the girls will be older and will have more understanding.

I just wish I knew why it's not working.

The baby you're meant to have isn't ready yet, we get who we are supposed to have when we are supposed to have them. At least that's what I'd like to believe. Lol
I think temping is a good idea, I was having regular cycles after ds3 just Oing in the wrong place lol so temping will definitely let you know if you are Oing and at the right time. It'll be one less concern.

Thanks Kay, putting it that way made me feel heaps better! I think I need another focus in my life atm so that I can relax about this ttc thing. I think ill start training and get fit again ..

Thinking that way has helped me, and I feel now more than ever that its true after waiting so long for DS4 to come along.

Sorry AF got you Steph. I totally agree with what Kay said, it will happen when it's meant to happen. I also think your positives are good, I like to think how the bigger spacing between kids will cut down on childcare costs too.:haha:

Another focus is a good idea. You know at least that you can get pregnant, I hope it happens for you soon!

Thanks girls. I'm still feeling sad about another failed attempt and I know I'm totally over-reacting but I had a quick look at fertility clinics in our area. I asked my dh for a treadmill for my birthday at least instead of spending my free time googling I can run!

Ha ha yes run away from google. It's hard not to always think if the worst case scenario. We have to try to remember that even for young healthy couples with no fertility issues at all it can take 12 months sometimes. That being said when af arrives here , and I'm moaning and panicking, you can remind me of this fact because I know at times I feel like it will never ever happen. Even though we've only been trying since may and this is mostly like the 2nd cycle where I even have a chance.

I'm feeling very crampy and a bloated. I think O is round the corner. I may use an opk later.

I think the treadmill is a great idea; I have gotten back into running again recently and use mine often!

Kay is right, step away from Dr. Google; I know it's hard not to freak out but you've had two babies and you'll have another one. Your youngest is just over a year, sometimes I think our bodies need a bit of time to recover from pregnancy and having a baby. There was 14 months between your two girls now right? Maybe your body just needs a few more months before it's ready to be pg again??? Either way, I really hope it happens for you soon.

CD 9 here so still nada going on. We're likely going to BD tonight and will try and get a few times in next week around fertile time. This month is so crazy busy though, I'm really not feeling very optimistic. I just don't feel like my body is ready to be pregnant again or something. I have a strong feeling that I'm not going to be pregnant until 2015 but we'll still keep giving it the good ol' college try in the hopes it happens earlier :haha:

Oh and have fun tonight Kay! Also yay that Ov might be happening soon, can't believe you're already at that place in your cycle!

I'm actually going to away from Isla overnight for the first time this weekend. My future SIL's bachelorette so I'm just going to go and then stay at my sister's and help her with my niece for the night (my brother in law is going to drive us back and forth too so I can actually have a few drinks, yay)! Am sad about being away from Isla so long; I know she and DH will do well, I'm just going to be racing to get home the next day :haha:

Eeeek its almost 1:10pm here, in 5 hours I'll be on the train on my way to my friends to get ready! I've even straightened my hair which as its so long and thick and I have so little patience is a big thing for me. Seth is still very snotty but he seems to be a little happier and I know he will be OK with DH.

Thanks.
This morning flew by as I was trying to get loads of stuff done and a bag packed ready as I'm staying over at hers. But this afternoon is dragging.
I didn't opk and the O pains/bloating etc have gone.
ATM I'm feeling very relaxed about it all, probably because I have something else to concentrate on. Which reminds me I should pack some paracetamol. Although I don't intend to get completely hammered I find that when I do have a couple of drinks I feel it the next day now. Probably because its so rare that we drink.

Hope you had a good night Kay!

Me and dh headed out for dinner last night and then decided to go clubbing while the in-laws baby-sat. I feel rooooooough now but it was so worth it!

I had a fantastic night, even though I did fall over on the way home lmao not through being drunk I must say. There were a group getting rowdy and arguing in the high street and as we had a bloke with us we decided to go the back way. It was pitch black in one part and a massive tree root was sticking out of the ground. But I of course didn't see that in the dark. I've grazed my leg but nothing too bad and it didn't ruin my night.
We got back to hers at 3:30am and was about 4 by the time we got to sleep. Then her 4 year old woke me up at 7:15 because I was sleeping on the sofa and she sat chatting to me lol
Apart from being tired and an extremely mild head ache which I felt more like the ones I get from a bad nights sleep, I didn't feel too rough so I know I wasn't that drunk lol
Oh and I got hit on by a woman in the club!!

Sounds like you had a good time! Sorry that tree root got you but glad it didn't do too much damage :p At least you got hit on by someone, it's a good feeling to know you've still got it lol!

I had a really good night with dh, but I blame him on getting me some jelly shots! It went straight to my head (I haven't been out in over 3 years!) and I felt terrible the next day. I had to prepare Sienna's party though so had no time to nurse my head, and I made an awesome castle cake! I am a pretty bad cook so didn't think I could pull it off but it turned out really well. I'll post a picture later because I'm so proud of it!

Can't wait to see the cake. It's Seth's birthday today (how has it been a year?!) and I had a major cake disaster yesterday so just went and bought one in the end today.
I said to dh I couldn't have been that drunk because I didn't feel as tipsy as I do after just 2 glasses of wine at home :/
My time hop app is making me so broody, newborn Seth pics! Somehow my own babies make me even more broody than other peoples.

Glad you ladies had a great time this weekend!

I haven't had a Jello Shooter in ages!

And Kay that sucks that you fell and were then woken up early by your friend's kid, figures that would happen right? :winkwink:

I had my first night away from Isla on Saturday. The Bachelorette was fun, had a great time. We left early because I was with my sister, who just had a baby 14 days ago. My BIL actually took Norah to his parent's place, which was close to the cottage where the Bachelorette was taking place. It was amazing to get a night of uninterrupted sleep, might have been better than the actual party :haha:

It was my University classes' 10 year graduation anniversary this year (God I am old) so I met up with some friends on Sunday for breakfast, saw my BFs new son again and then finally made my way home. It was a busy and fun weekend, though I missed my girl!

Glad you had a good time too, looks like it was a weekend of fun for us all LOL And yes sometimes the sleep is the best part LOL

We also managed to BD last night, am going to attempt to get a few more sessions in this week but DH is working lots of overtime and we're both sick, we'll have to see what happens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->