Old Wives Tales

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has come into fair share of Old Wives Tales while pregnant. I was wondering how many of them you guys have had too!

Some of mine:

Don't reach your arms above your head, the umbilical cord could wrap around the baby's neck.

You're carrying all out in the front! You're having a Girl!

You're carrying all out in the front! You're having a Boy!

It's your first? You'll go early then.

It's your first? You'll go late then.

Heartburn? Baby will be born with a full head of hair.

Anyone have any others to add to the list? :rofl:

pretty well heard all of the same as you. :dohh:

I heard, "Don;t reach your hand above your head or the baby will go breach and you will have to have a c-section" :rofl:

Don;t reach your hand above your head or the baby will go breach and you will have to have a c-section

Hey I hadnt heard of that one thanks :)

I heard that if you are craving for savouries and sour stuff you are having a boy and if you are craving for sweet stuff you are having a girl.. all i have been eating since i got pregnant is pickles.. so we'll see if we are having a little dude :)

another one was that if your urine is bright yellow its a boy and if its like a kind of dull yellow, its a girl.. sorry if its graphic! :)

wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy xxxx

I had the hiccups the other day and got told thats babys hair starting to grow!

:rofl:

Emma.xx

That's hilarious!

Exactly how would hiccups be the hair growing, eh? :rofl:

Not to mention how raising one's arms can make a baby go breech :dohh:

I haven't really heard any more than whats already been said. Although, when my aunty was pregnant with her 1st she was told that because she was having a lot of indigestion it meant the baby was going to be born with a lot of hair. My aunty had her daughter and she was bald until she was 2, then out of nowhere she grew a huge mop of curly hair :rofl:

Lol these are fantastic.......i cant think of any tho, people don't speak to be at the mo in case i bite there heads of :( lol

Every single old wives tale i did said i was having a girl ..

And well he is a boy lol , I give up lol .

I have heard of loads ....

If you eat lots of oranges your baby will have an orange tint in there skin ...
The ring test ...
All up front is girl ..
All behind is boy ..

Loads of strange ones on the net too lol . xxxx.

I've had: Your not allowed your pushchair in your house as it's bad luck until the babies born

Dont cross your legs as the babies cord will wrap round it's neck and kill it (yeah cheers for that one!)

I've been told that having heartburn means your babies going to have alot of hair well I've had this really bad so lets see. Also if your carrying all out front it's a boy and all around it's a girl. So far people have guessed right that I'm having a boy as apparently you can't tell from behind that I'm expecting. x

lol oh my god lol I havent heard of those ones lol well the only one I have heard of is thats its bad luck to keep your buggy in the house, before the baby is born lol

oooooooh i just remembered one, something about, if your throwing up alot its a girl!
But then the other day i was told if im throwing up alot its aboy? lol people just cant make up their mind! lol

Heart beat below 160 bpm its a boy above that its a girl

:rofl: at all the old wives tales. Good post :D
xx

If your bump is a ball its a boy, If your round its a girl. It depends on the mothers body type to what you bump looks IMO nothing to do with boy or girl.

If the mother looks radiant its a girl, if not a boy. And Ive heard people say the opposite. And how can a person judge that anyway...

Im sure Ive heard more I just cant think of them at the moment.

If the mother looks radiant its a girl, if not a boy. And Ive heard people say the opposite. And how can a person judge that anyway...

Funny! I've heard the opposite of this, actually. If Mom looks great, it's a boy, if she looks like crap, it's a girl.

The theory being is that boys "enhance" the mother's beauty, while girls "take it for their own".

Funny! I've heard the opposite of this, actually. If Mom looks great, it's a boy, if she looks like crap, it's a girl.

The theory being is that boys "enhance" the mother's beauty, while girls "take it for their own".

I always look like crap and have had boys and girls:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"