Older Ladies TTC - Please be my friends....

Evening oh wise ones.

Sunshine, I'm off to your journal in a mo to catch up. I am in awe of your pma - what a lady you are. :hugs:

Amos, loving the new pic and I am so glad to hear that you are finally beginning to feel like your old self.

As for me, well I had a 2 day AF! following a 21 day cycle and now she has vanished. Went for acupuncture today and she has adjusted my tcm (herbs) for after O - So I am hoping for a slightly longer cycle this time. I keep trying to get my progesterone blood tests done and both times AF has come on 2 days later so they are null and void. Ah well, maybe 3rd time lucky - but it's a bit of a lottery trying to work out when half way through the luteal phase is these days!

Love and hugs to everyone. :hugs:

hello golden girls :kiss:

just wanted to pop in and say hello.

i'm sending you all lots of :dust: and pma!!!

amos and sunshine, lots of :hug: from california!!!!

many blessings to you all :flower:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Wow! Amos I love the new pic!!! You guys make such a lovely couple!!!! Im so glad you are feeling a little bit better and back to normal. You have not missed anything in my world of TTC. Im on cycle 6 or 7 I think, actually lost count...but I guess if you only count the months I've paid close attention etc then it will be cycle #6 - the first cycle I was off the pill lasted nearly 40 days and that first bleed was a strange one! So I dont really count that one and for some reason that makes me feel better ahahaha! :haha:

Getting ready to start the BD'ing again this month. Not expecting to O until CD16 but Im ready to start practicing - good thing is - next weekend when I expect to O, the big kids will all be away at their dad's house so the DH and I can have plenty of private alone uninterrupted BD time! :happydance: Maybe we might do something right this time... FX for a BFP this time :thumbup:

Hope all you lovlies are having a great day!

Hello ladies :flower: Mind if I join your lovely group?

I am definately an older wiser one at 42! Ttc #1 - hope I am not kidding myself! We have been trying since Feb 08 and I have had two pregnancies so far but both were sadly not meant to be. One m/c at 12 weeks and one was ectopic so now I am one tube down as well :dohh:

I am still not giving up though and have lots of PMA (most days!!) If I dont get there, I have only myself to blame as I didn't get broody until I was on the wrong side of 40!!

Anyway, look forward to chatting with you along the way. I am also using a CBFM to help me along, although sometimes it tries my patience!!

Lou Lou xxx

PS - The avatar is wishfull thinking!!

Hello ladies :flower: Mind if I join your lovely group?

I am definately an older wiser one at 42! Ttc #1 - hope I am not kidding myself! We have been trying since Feb 08 and I have had two pregnancies so far but both were sadly not meant to be. One m/c at 12 weeks and one was ectopic so now I am one tube down as well :dohh:

I am still not giving up though and have lots of PMA (most days!!) If I dont get there, I have only myself to blame as I didn't get broody until I was on the wrong side of 40!!

Anyway, look forward to chatting with you along the way. I am also using a CBFM to help me along, although sometimes it tries my patience!!

Lou Lou xxx

PS - The avatar is wishfull thinking!!

Welcome and yes we are all golden here! I hope your stay here is short and sweet! :hugs:

Welcome Zero! Like our resident "PMA giver-outter" said- I hope your stay here is short and sweet :hugs:

How are all the ladies today?? Bellamama?? Spencer?? Where are you two chicks??

Thanks for the compliment Mama! I will be sure not to knock on your door this weekend cause I know you will be BIZZY :sex::sex::sex::sex:

Lovely pic Amos! love the hat!

Welcome Zero7! This is THE place to be for the happening over whatever's! Age is a number, it's how we feel that's our life!

I'm fine Amos, just waiting to see if AF will visit or not...lots of info in my journal if you feel so inclined!

Thank you for the welcomes ladies :hugs: Bella, you are so right - I certainly do not feel 42 - more like 32 which is probably where the delay in baby making lays iykwim!! :dohh: Oh well, we shall see what happens this month!!! Day 10 for me so should be gearing up for ov in a few days time.

xxx

Evening ladies, glad to see everyone is fine feckle this eve.

Welcome Zero7, like the others have said before me, I hope your stay here will be short and sweet too.

Well ladies, I have reached CD6 with no signs of early O whoop whoop for that. Hoping to have a slightly more normal cycle this time round. My herbs have all been adjusted and I have 3 different types to take throughout this cycle, just hope I don't get them all mixed up. Its getting a little complicated, but who cares it it leads me closer to my dream then so be it. :thumbup:

I possibly spoke a little to soon. EWCM showed up last night at about 10 to midnight. I am now fending off O with a vengence. Today's opk was neg which was a huge relief - hope it stays that way for a few more days - but please not through the whole cycle!!!

Hope all is well with everyone. Catch you later. :hugs:

Just wanted to wish you all a lovely w/end. :thumbup: Nise - hope ov stays away for a few more days! xx

Hi all, and Welcome Zero 7 :flower:

Sorry I dont get on here as much as I would like ....must try harder :winkwink:

Well, I thought I might go and see the doctors to see if I should be having any tests or anything, as I have been off BC for over 3 years and TTC for about 2. been using CBFM for about 10 months or so and still nothing.......

when I have mentioned to Doctors that we have been TTC for about 2 years they dont really say anything or make any sugestions, so is this normal, or has anyone else been sent for tests etc before this? Should I be asking them for anything? (I am 37 years young). :wacko:

baby dust to all

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi mrsbling :flower:

I'm not sure if there are different protocols for different area's, but as far as I know if your over 35 and have been ttc for 6 months or more, your doc should be offering you at the least some basic tests. I have not had any tests done myself as yet but I will be asking for them comethe new year.

I can't comment from experience, but there is a 21 day blood test (checks for ovulation) day 2/3 bloods (ovarian reserve). I think these are the first tests done by your GP- what I called the basics!

Further tests would follow if you get refered to a fertility clinic, (Again, I am no expert) like your oh's sperm being tested, lap & dyes, HSG's etc.

If I were you, I would make another appointment to see your GP and request the blood tests. My GP knows that I am having difficulties and as yet has not suggested any tests, but I will be 'suggesting' them soon!!!

Hope I have helped a bit - and given you correct info! :hugs:

xx

Welcome zero and hi to evryone else.

Sorry not been on too much, this logging on using my mobile phone is a pain. Cant believe my new house had no phone line to run our broadband but the engineer is finally coming to sort it out on thursday. So not long now and ill be back properly.

In the meantime I should O wednesday, so will be very busy for the next few days lol

Hope you are all doing ok?

Hugs and kisses x

:hi: ladies

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm feeling not so pregnant at the moment and a little worried about that, but it's probably just me being paranoid. Ugh wish I could fast forward 9 months!!

Hey Ladies, hope everyone is keeping dry on this horrid wet Sunday.

Mrs Bling - Sometimes you have to give the docs a poke. Ask for some blood tests to be done on CD3 of your cycle - FSH & all other hormones involved in baby making. And CD21 of your cycle - mainly to check your progesterone levels are doing what they should during the luteal phase (Though they say this one should be done on CD21 - that is based on a 28 day cycle so if yours is longer or shorter calculate which day to have this done by working out roughly which cycle day would be approx 7 days before AF is expected and do it as close to that day as pos. You could also ask for a Sperm Test for DH - this is obviously a good place to start before you get into the more invasive tests on yourself. Once you get the outcome on these you will have much more of an idea if there is a problem or not and can decide where to go from there. Good luck, hun I hope that all come back good.

Mel, lovely. I'm sending you a huge hug :hugs: and wishing every pg symptom upon you - MS, sore boobs - the whole works - However I should point out also that it is well documented that the more mature woman is less likely to suffer MS than a younger one - it's one of the perks!

Spencerbear - Hurrah for Thursday and getting your internet sorted, I shall look forward to hearing more from you then. In the mean time good luck with catching that eggie this time around.

I don't have a huge amount of news since I was last here, suffice to say that it is CD9 today and all opks have been neg thus far - which makes me very happy and hopeful that I will get a more mature egg this month. The opening gambit to this months bonkathon started yesterday! :winkwink:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. :hugs: to all x

Hi mrsbling :flower:

I'm not sure if there are different protocols for different area's, but as far as I know if your over 35 and have been ttc for 6 months or more, your doc should be offering you at the least some basic tests. I have not had any tests done myself as yet but I will be asking for them comethe new year.

I can't comment from experience, but there is a 21 day blood test (checks for ovulation) day 2/3 bloods (ovarian reserve). I think these are the first tests done by your GP- what I called the basics!

Further tests would follow if you get refered to a fertility clinic, (Again, I am no expert) like your oh's sperm being tested, lap & dyes, HSG's etc.

If I were you, I would make another appointment to see your GP and request the blood tests. My GP knows that I am having difficulties and as yet has not suggested any tests, but I will be 'suggesting' them soon!!!

Hope I have helped a bit - and given you correct info! :hugs:

xx

Thanks for that Zero7 and Nise - that is brilliant :flower:

I will make an appointment tomorrow and ask him/her for the first set of tests ...... will keep you posted :winkwink:

You're welcome MrsBling - good luck with it all, I look forward to hearing about it all as and when.

CD10 for me today and still no opk+ which I am very happy about - maybe 3rd cycle in those 'orible' 'erbs are doing their job. :thumbup:

So what's new with everyone else. Hope you all had good weekends. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->