Older Ladies TTC - Please be my friends....

Hello my golden ladies! I so miss you all when nobodies come on here to chat!

I had a lovely weekend and have been extremely tired because on Saturday I decided to be young and stayed up until 4:30am :dohh: big huge stupid mistake as it's taken me until today to even feel human again. :dohh:

Oh well had loads of fun with the girls and then since I have gotten home DH has been more than willing to accomidate my needs as O is any day now:thumbup: LOL

Hope your all well!:hugs:

Hello girlies - hope you are all well :kiss:

Nothing too exciting from me i.e. no staying out until the early hours!!! I am on a diet at the mo, so I can only have the odd glass of vino!

I am CD 16. I had another high on my CBFM today but I really think I ovulated yesterday evening so maybe the monitor is just not going to give me a peak this month...? I got a fairly strong line on a cheapie OPK yesterday afternoon- not that I am obsessed with POAS or anything!!! :blush:

How's everyone else doing?

Love and hugs. xxxxx

Hi Girls - well, Csunshine and Zero7. Where is everybody these days. Hopefully all way to busy having fun.

Well, think I o'd in the early hours of yesterday morning, but not sure!!! Still earlier than I would have liked but not as early as last cycle. Have to see what temp does tomorrow and whether I get xhairs or not.

Happy Thanksgiving To all my friends on here gearing up for the celebration, hope you all have a fab time.

When's the next spat of testing??? Need a little excitement round here. :happydance:

Nise and Zero hope your both doing well and tbh it totally looks like we all are or are about to O around the same time. LOL

I am just waiting for a temp rise maybe tomorrow or the next day but I think it wont be but a day or two for me.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I know some of you don't celebrate it but its a good reason to eat turkey and pumkin pie! :thumbup: DD just loves them both and would like it if I made them once a week. LMAO

Hope your all doing well will check back later.:hugs:

How exciting that we are all ovulating at the same-ish time!! We can all drive eachother nuts symptom spotting!!! (Or not- just tell me to shut up if I am really driving you nuts!!)

Ok, so bring on the 2WW!!! :happydance:

Lou Lou XXXX:dust:

How exciting that we are all ovulating at the same-ish time!! We can all drive eachother nuts symptom spotting!!! (Or not- just tell me to shut up if I am really driving you nuts!!)

You wont drive me nuts! I try not to symptom spot but it's very hard not to notice what my body does :dohh: maybe yes maybe no......:dohh:

You wont drive me nuts! I try not to symptom spot but it's very hard not to notice what my body does :dohh: maybe yes maybe no......:dohh:

No you won't drive me nuts either - I already am! :rofl: Though for the last 2 months AF has arrived unfashionably early.

I want pumpkin pie!!! Never seen it in England and I would love to try it coz I love pumpkin - though I generally roast it. Care to share the recipe Cshunshine? :hugs:

Oooo good idea Nise!! I would love to try proper pumpkin pie too.........:winkwink:

I love me some pumkin pie and yes I will defo share the recipe

•3/4 cup granulated sugar
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
•1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
•2 large eggs
•1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
•1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
•1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
•Whipped cream (optional)

MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.

It's best if you serve chilled with whipped cream on top but if you serve it warm it's very good too.

Enjoy!

Thanks hon - sounds delicious :hugs:. I dont know if I have ever seen a can of pumkin in our supermarkets - I will have to have a look!

My hubby is gonna love this!! xx

Thanks hon - sounds delicious :hugs:. I dont know if I have ever seen a can of pumkin in our supermarkets - I will have to have a look!

My hubby is gonna love this!! xx

You don't have to have store bought. You can boil your own. It takes longer but it's so much better. I haven't done that for years now but have done it before. Good luck hope you like it.

Hi everyone :wave:

mind if i join you girls here. I joined in Oct straight into first tri but had MMC at scan last Friday and D&C on Monday so been hovering between first tri and miscarriage forums this week and I think it's time I found a new home. This one looks comfortable and nice decor :thumbup:

I'm 40 next Wed and OH is ...... 25 but I'm a young 39 and he's a very old 25 so we're about even really :winkwink:

Anyway waiting a while to get over D&C but know we can't wait too much longer so hopefully 2010 will be our lucky year.

Hello trulyblessed :flower: So so sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: I am very new myself on this thread. You are right- it is a very comfortable place to be!! I am 42 (but feel much younger!!) ttc#1

Good luck for the future honey. xxxxx

Evening Ladies - It's been a bit of a hectic day today, one of those ones where you seem to be flying around all over the place and achieving very little when you stop to count.

CSunshine - Thanks so much for sharing the recipe I am definitely going to try it out, maybe this weekend. Like Zero I have never seen can's of pumpkin but there are loads of fresh ones in the shops at the mo so I'm gonna get boiling. and HAPPY THANKS GIVING

Zero - Hope all is going well for you today.

Truly_blessed - So sorry to hear about your loss, hun :hugs: You are most definitely welcome here, it's been a bit quiet the last week or so but is usually buzzing with news. I hope you'll enjoy it here - we are a fairly happy bunch and not ones to stay down for long.

Well, as for me - FF has given me my cross hairs this morning marking O down at CD10 - though I think it was early hours of CD11 - whichever it is a little earlier than I had hoped - but the groundwork has been done so now it is just a waiting game. Have moved over to my new post O herbs on the tcm side of things - they are truly truly revolting - makes the pre-O ones seem nice in comparison :rofl:

Hugs to all and I'll catch you later :hugs:

Hi girls

Welcome truly blessed. Well O should of happened on Tuesday, so guess im joining you in the 2ww........hate this bit.

Now have my phone line, so should pop by to visit more often.

hugs to all x

Hey Spencerbear - Good to see the broadband engineer has sorted you out - er, with broadband!!!! So CSunshine is right we are all pretty much in sync with O this cycle - that's got to help the 2ww shift along.

I o'd the day before you, a little unfashionably early but I suppose it's better than no O at all.

Hope everyone has a good day today. :happydance:

ah thanks for the welcome and kind words :hugs: not sure when I'll be back on track yet, just need to wait it out now.

MW very kindly gave me a sick note until Tues as she knew I am flying to New York on Wed then Vegas on Sunday. Will be back in work on the 14th Dec then not long to go until Christmas. Then going to London first week in Jan and Prague 2nd weekend. At least I've got things going on to keep my mind occupied :happydance: Hopefully by the time all the excitement's over I might have an idea of where my body is at.

Got my eye on a few CBFMs on ebay as well, might as well be prepared xx

Ooo Truly_blessed you are a jet setter. What do you do for a living it sounds exciting? :hugs:

oo it's nothing to do with work Nise. I'm an IT Manager in the NHS, lucky if I get to go out of the borough for work. this is all pleasure :flower:

It's my 40th next fri, the first week in Jan OH just bought on a whim to watch Billy Connolly but the only place he could get tickets for was Hammersmith Odeon and the other weekend is OH's christmas present.

OH has just rung as well saying he's gone mad and spent a fortune in Next. asked him why as he didn't need to buy any clothes when we're going to New York and he said none of it was for him but he's got 3 big carrier bags full. :happydance:

Welcome truly_blessed! I am so sorry for your loss! I had a mmc back in Mar as well. I was totally ready to do the whole ttc thing. Your body lets you know when it's ready.

Nise you'll have to let me know when you make the pumkin pie! I had two pieces last night :blush: I must stop and get some whipped topping to put on for tonight. LOL Oh so yummy

We had a wonderful day yesterday but tbh I'm very tired of being in the kitchen!afm well had a lovely Thanksgiving here in the states. DH deep fried the turkey and I made the rest of the dinner and snacks and OMG did I get full! We started grazing about noon and ate dinner at 4pm and then DH fell asleep straight away and left all the dishes for me :growlmad: he will do them all weekend for that one! :thumbup:

I haven't seen any sign of O yet so will keep bd'n until I get O confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->