Older Ladies TTC - Please be my friends....

Evening Ladies, well that old rain has poured down all day here in London, so just been cooking and watching telly, and browsing bnb for most of the day.

WannaB - I've had a go with the needle and thread! lol was a bit disheartend to see ladies were in including their mc's when I first came across the thread almost 2 weeks ago (I was pre O) the needle only did circles the once then stopped and nothing. Post O it is now doing small circles, stopping completely and then starting circles bigger this time! We'll see. lol

Spencerbear - Have a good trip, it will be nice to see your mum, hope the comedian has you in hysterics and takes your mind off the 2ww. Have you fully recovered now from your pre-move injury?

Mrsbling - No bloody pumpkins in my local supermarket - well there was one but it was looking very sorry for itself. Can't find the canned stuff either. Never mind More coming in this weekend and I'm not working this week so made Christmas Pud today instead and will go for pumpkin pie in the next day or so.

Take care all :hugs:

Hi Nise,

The weather has been poor up her in the midlands too..... DH was out Golfing in Tewksbury in it - thank god for waterproofs!!!

I too decided it was a day to hibernate due to the weather, although I didn't go as far a cooking - unless you class poached eggs on toast cooking :rofl: Then we went to our local for Lunch and a nice Baileys Latte (ooh and just the one glass of wine!!!)

I believe they keep tinned Pumpkin in Waitrose (but dont hold me to that :) )

I think we need to put our orders in with you for the Christmas Pudding, via mail order lol x

chinese herbs update
woke up this morning with a head cold but no more repeats of all night on the loo !! still feel a bit icky but only have to take them until next sat and I have another appointment on thurs so I can check with her then. really hope these work xxx the acupuncture was great-i could feel everything ' moving' in womb area when she put the needles in
please let it all work so I don't have to have ivf xxxx

Hello ladies- hope you are all really well. I haven't made the pumpkin pie yet either. I looked for a pumpkin but all I could find was a squash. I will have to look in Waitrose for the canned variety! Like the sound of this as it saves all the faff with the fresh one!!

Well, I am 5 dpo and I think I am just getting all the usual symptoms of AF arriving :cry: . I tried some agnus castus this month and I certainly had stronger ov symptoms and I was feeling quite hopeful at first but now I just feel deflated!

Glitterqueen - hope the acupuncture works for you hon. Really interesting what you said about feeling things move!

Love and hugs. xx

chinese herbs update
woke up this morning with a head cold but no more repeats of all night on the loo !! still feel a bit icky but only have to take them until next sat and I have another appointment on thurs so I can check with her then. really hope these work xxx the acupuncture was great-i could feel everything ' moving' in womb area when she put the needles in
please let it all work so I don't have to have ivf xxxx

Glad your feelng better Glitter! I could feel things going on in my stomach too while the needles were in! Fingers crossed it does the trick! I posted in ttc too about using honey and cinnamon, I used that this whole cycle, cinnamon for the uterus and honey to prolong the life of your egg. I know one other person who used it the cycle they got a bfp too, have also read a few other preg forums where other women have used it and have been successful.

Ooo Nise Im liking you tried it hun! :rofl: Im hoping you have the same out come as I did!:hugs: I actually managed to get a cb digi to work this moring with very diluted pee, never could get one to work with the chem I had last time, so its looking more promising! I went to the doc this morning to have a quick chat, apparently they dont do bloods to confirm pregs anymore, was 11 years since the last and thats what they used to do! They take the urine test and thats it! But he's knows Im a nutter and said he would do bloods for me anyway!:rofl: They will be back Wednesday at the latest, then I will believe!:haha:

We are going to see Jimmy Carr and im hoping he will have me in hysterics....

Still not recovered from pre-move injury, still on these stupid crutches and not seeing the consultant till next week. Will make the trip to mums on the train interesting lol

Its been raining non stop down here too. I really hate the rain, would prefer it to just be cold cause at least you can go out.

Have a good few days ladies and ill be back wednesday x x

wannabe-off to buy honey as soon as my shift finishes ! will any old honey do or is Manuka honey better? I looked on the label of my chinese herbs and there is cinammon in the little pellet ones-pity its not in the liquid herbs then they might not taste so bad!! didn't realise you were testing-good luck hun hope its BFP xx-great post bout honey btw- does royal jelly word-i bought the tabs but haven't taken them cuz i am in great danger of rattling when i walk x

So, what's up with the honey and cinnamon? How do I use them, just eat some honey with cinnamon sprinkled on every day??? At least it sounds appetizing unlike most of the things we do for ttc!

OOOhhh I love honey and cinnamon, but like bellamamma Im not sure what to do with it???? Can I have it as a hot drink - I love Honey, lemon and hot water in the winter, so maybe I could add some cinnamon to that as a refreshing change to Tea and coffee.

Spencerbear - I love Jimmy carr he's v.funny!! :) I went to see Michael McIntyre on 13th November at NIA and I was crying with laughter..:rofl:...I know he's not eveyones cup of tea, but I like most comedians. Enjoy :)

Evening ladies, hope everyone is doing good.

I'm off for a US Pelvis Transabdo & Transvag tomorrow afternoon. More poking and prodding. Not sure what I'm gonna learn from it but hopefully something useful. :thumbup:

Hey Nise,

Let us know what you learn from the ultrasound.

Take care,

Shellie

Nise good luck with the ultrasound, hopefully they dont prod and poke too much!:hugs:

As for the honey and cinnamon, you take a teaspoon a day with a pinch of cinnamon in it. Honey is suppose to prolong the life of your egg and the cinnamon is for a healthy uterus. Interesting its already in your chinese herbs Glitter! I just took them straight off the spoon, I dont know if mixing it in tea will change the properties of them due to the heat, it didnt taste that bad and was easy enough! I just made sure I used a good quality honey because some of the cheaper brands out there dont seem as good consistency wise. This was the only cycle I took it and so far its looking like a nice sticky little bugger! Glitter Ive also read alot of miracle stuff that royal jelly can do too. I was tossing up whether to try that or bee pollen next, and went for the bee pollen because it seems to have less that can go wrong taking it, Royal Jelly is potent stuff apparently and there was mixed reports of taking it after O time etc, like there always is just to make ttc more confusing!:wacko: Bee Pollen is reported to enter the blood stream pretty much straight away and gets to work immediatley and I reasearched all the rdi's and you could still take it with your pre-natals without od'ing on anything. Ive read heaps of threads on ttc forums where they have used both and bang they get preggies though! And alot of them were ladies who were on ivf and the like so I dare say there is some truth to it all! I just especially was interested in the honey/bee pollen aspect as being older I thought my eggs might be on the stale side! lol Thought any chance I could give them was worth a shot! And really when you look at it Im 41 and only had a 10% chance of getting preggers every month compared to the youngens in their 20's who have a 20% chance. Now I only took 4 months and you see a hell of alot of healthy 20 somethings taking a whole lot longer. Maybe it did work!

Ladies so sorry I've been gone for the holiday here in the States. Hope you all are well!

Welcome Taebo hope your stay is short and sweet!

Wannab WOOOO HOOOO! Congratulations!

Nise good luck tomorrow with the us hope they give you some answers to your questions!

Mamma your crew is lovely as always!

mrsbling, bellamamma and glitter you must tell me how the honey and cinnamon does for you might have to try it myself!

afm not much to report. I O'd on Friday and hadn't dtd since early Thursday morning or late Wednesday night so :shrug: there should have been ample supply of those little soldiers to attack when the eggy popped! I have been taking a low dose aspirin since Friday and I started with some pinkish brownish spotting don't know if it's from O or from the aspirin I guess only time will tell.

Hope your all well!

Thanks WannaB, going to have a spoonful right now! Since we're the same age and all, if it worked for you...I've been trying more than 4 months, tho, but hey, it's all worth a try! Am waiting for O, how boring!

Good luck with your scan Nise. xx

Wannab- not sure if I congratulated you before so if not, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am gonna try the honey and cinnamon thing next cycle. So, is that the whole way through your cycle?

Hope everyone else is happy and well today. I am 7dpo now - nothing to report!!

xxxx

Helloooo Ladies

Just had a cup of tea to warm me up after getting back from my scan. Bbrrr it's cold out there today.

Scan was good, didn't hurt in the slightest and was able to watch all on a monitor on the ceiling! The sonographer was lovely and she said that everything looked just as it should, no abnormalities, pcos or any other horrors. And she was able to confirm that I had ovulated from the right ovary - just got to hope that the little :spermy: used their twat nav and hung a right :rofl:

Hope every one is having a good day and I'll catch you all later. Got to go to a gig tonight (one of DP's bands that he produces - so no getting out of it)

So pleased to hear that all was ok at the scan hon. Lovin' the twat nav :haha:

Oh and yeah -its freeeeeezing here too! xxx

Evening all, hope you are all well .......its is freezing here, and I left the house this morning without a coat and hadn't realised the windscreen was frozen!!! :dohh: Will defo get the coat and scarf out tomorrow :winkwink:

Nise, Glad all went well at the scan

I think the bee pollen idea seem very interesting, and surely cant do any harm, so will look in to getting some to try for next cycle.

Couldn't get an appointment at the Dr's yet re: blood tests, so will call again tomorrow and hope to get to see him before the end of the week....... hopefully by the new year I might have some blood tests done to give me an insight into whats going on? :thumbup:

Going to cook some nice fillet steak for DH this evening - keep him happy :winkwink:

Hello my golden ladies! Hope all is well!

Nise so glad your scan was good! Isn't it so amazing that they can tell you O'd and from which overy!

It's very cold here in the states as well! I have my leather coat but it's time to drag out the tights for when I wear dresses to work :dohh:

We are having left overs as I made a nice pork loin last night so that's what's for dinner tonight. LOL

I agree its is amazing they can tell that you ovulated and from which ovary! Excellent news that all is how it should be, pity they couldnt tell you there and there how the little guys were going inside!

Yeah zero I just took it each morning throughout the whole cycle, still taking it! For some reason I just dont want to stop it at this point, call me crazy!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->