'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Magik71 - hi, i see from your post that you are from Epsom, i have recently moved from just outside Epsom to West Sussex. Hope things are progressing well for you.

I am more or less a week overdue now and still no signs of anything happening. Am booked in for a sweep tomorrow morning and really not looking forward to having that done!!!! But if it gets things going........

Am so glad this thread has come up, its nice to hear things from the 'older' (and I use the term losely of course!) perspective. When reading other "how old are you" threads, i was too scared to answer as i always seemed to be the 'older' one!

Looking forward to chatting with you all some more :hugs:

Good luck for tomorrow smiler! I had never even heard of a sweep till I joined 3rd tri!!

Hi everyone!!!!

I think that as the pregnancy progresses, you still worry but what you worry about changes. I dont really worry about anything going wrong really now, but I worry that it's going to be a traumatic birth for him or that I will go into labour too soon, that kind of thing. The thing is, when you are a mum, the worry NEVER goes away, even after they are born, it's just different worries.

I wasnt asked until 16 weeks if I wanted the triple test, which I didnt anyway. Every mw is different though so you may be asked but they dont do the tests for at least another month anyway!!

I am off to the mw this afternoon. Want to find out if he is engaged, cos if he isnt then I bloody hope he never does cos the pressure down below is awful at times! I am scared to stand up as I think he's just gonna come sliding out!!!:rofl:

Good luck 2mo Smiler!!

xxx

Good luck Kiki and Smiler

Yes Smiler, I am just outside Epsom, we just moved to the area last year as my DH is from here, I am loving it even if the commuting into London is not really pleasant :rofl:

Kiki this may be a really dumb question but when they are engaged does that mean that they can't really move very much anymore?

Kiki this may be a really dumb question but when they are engaged does that mean that they can't really move very much anymore?

It's not a dumb question at all hon. Yes, the movement would be much less, they actually start to get less around 30 weeks as they get bigger and have less room. When they are engaged you tend to feel that you can breath easier and eat more cos they have moved down into your pelvis, the down side being you are never off the loo and the pressure can be pretty severe!!

However, not all babies engage, especially 2nd and subsequent ones!!

Hope this helps hon.

I'm off to see the mw now so catch up later!

xxx

Back from mw. All ok with Caidan. Hasnt engaged yet, although he could be engaging then disengaging again as they can do that. My BP is high,ankles swollen and I have a trace of protein in my urine so need to go back next week to have it checked again.
Still measuring ahead at 34cm, so will be interesting to see his weight at my growth scan on 1st June.

xxx

Glad all is ok and that they are keeping an eye on you hun, rest as much as poss and get DH to do all the housework!!

Glad all is ok and that they are keeping an eye on you hun, rest as much as poss and get DH to do all the housework!!

Thanks hon!

He's very helpful Gol, I am very lucky!!! I need to rest up though, really dont want to end up going into hospital!! Or being induced!

xxx

Wow this thread has seen so much activity since I was last here! So nice to see so many new faces :D Welcome :)

My update .... I spoke to the midwife today about my pelvic pain and she is arranging a support belt for me, plus I booked an appointment at the osteopath next week. I'm trying to work on my posture which seems to have helped my knee a bit. I tried the body pillow at night but that actually seemed to make the pelvic pain worse.

Anyway better go and feed the dog ... hungry dogs wait for no one LOL!!

Hi ava, good news about the support belt, they are supposed to be really effective. I have just ordered a support pillow in the hope of a better night's sleep!

Hey gocarlilly - good luck with the support pillow. Is it a full length one (like a body pillow) or a short one? I'll be interested to hear how you go, anything that helps sleep is a good thing!!

Thanks for the wishes. Thought labour had started last night as had what i thought were contractions every 20 mins or so, but apparently not! Midwife this morning confirmed during my sweep that everything was still very tightly closed up there!!! Considering i was dreading the sweep, although it wasnt exactly a pleasant experience, it was not as bad as i had built up in my head. Apparently only a 1 in 5 chance of it working!!! So on that note, am also booked in for induction for Sunday evening!! Hope things move before then, as that doesnt sound pleasant in itself!!

Hope everyone is doing well x

Glad it wasnt as bad as you thought it might be Smiler. Fingers crossed things start moving for you now. Remember and keep us updated!!

Hope everyone is well.

I am a little concerned at the swelling in my ankles tonight. Honestly, they are HUGE.

I had borderline pre eclampsia with my DD and was going to be induced at 38 weeks with her, but my waters broke at 37 plus 5 so they induced me the day after that!!! Obviously the fact that my BP was up yeaterday too is concerning me. I am so trying not to worry as it's only gonna make things worse!!

xxx

ooh smiler hope things get moving before then for you ..... how exciting!
and kiki hope all is okay with you ... anything you can do? does rest help?
12 week scan tomorrow - feel fairly confident that all is probably okay but still anxious, i'll be a wreck tomorrow i'm sure .... and it still feels like such a long way to go! these have been the longest 3 months of my life so far!

Smiler, I found that with sweeps too! good luck for Sunday if not before.
Kiki, hope it isnt pre e again, I guess you know what to look out for, headaches visual disturbances etc... (i think everyone gets that drummed into them these days,lol)
Ellie, Scans are such a mixed blessing, lovely to see l/o but stressful until the little star is on the screen. Hope it goes well for you.
Saw my lovely m/w today and had sugar in my urine, not worried though cause Id been eating too many sweets, so I guess that was it!!

Ellie - good luck with your scan today. Let us know how you get on. I had mmc before this pregnancy and getting the first scans out of the way this time was the hardest, only really relaxed into the pregnancy well into 2nd tri. Will be thinking of you.

No signs of labour for me!!! Was awake a lot of the night again with a mixture of pains and OH snoring!! How can someone snore when they are laid on their front??!!! :rofl: But at least one of us is getting some sleep!!!

Smiler, I found that with sweeps too! good luck for Sunday if not before.
Kiki, hope it isnt pre e again, I guess you know what to look out for, headaches visual disturbances etc... (i think everyone gets that drummed into them these days,lol)
Ellie, Scans are such a mixed blessing, lovely to see l/o but stressful until the little star is on the screen. Hope it goes well for you.
Saw my lovely m/w today and had sugar in my urine, not worried though cause Id been eating too many sweets, so I guess that was it!!

ooh smiler hope things get moving before then for you ..... how exciting!
and kiki hope all is okay with you ... anything you can do? does rest help?
12 week scan tomorrow - feel fairly confident that all is probably okay but still anxious, i'll be a wreck tomorrow i'm sure .... and it still feels like such a long way to go! these have been the longest 3 months of my life so far!

Best of luck with the scan hon. Let us know how you get on.

xxx

Good luck for the scan Ellie - hurry back with pics!

Smiler I was induced with my DD - she was 3 weeks overdue!! Hope you start off naturally after your sweep - did it hurt much?

Kiki keep those feet up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->