'Older Mums' buddies thread!

Lovely to see so many new people - it's getting nice and busy in here now! It will be lovely to share experiences along the way!

HI Ginger and Smiler - welcome to the thread, look forward to chatting with you both :)

Right I have spent the last hour or so writing a list for my hospital bag (no work to do :rofl:) and now I need to go and buy it all - second mortgage here I come :rofl:

I cant believe i have only just found this post!!! Where has it been hiding, or where have I been hiding??!!!

I have just turned 36 and am now about 5 days overdue with my first, with no signs of anything happening anytime soon!!!

Just wanted to get this posted and then will spend some time reading through the previous posts :hugs:

Hey hon!! I only just found it last night!!!
I bet you are soooo fed up now. Fingers crossed things start hapening soon for you!!

xxx

Hello everyone,
can I please join you?
I am 37 but I will be 38 by January when I hopefully will be due :blush:

We are expecting our first and last year I had a mc. I am so worried and because I had my :bfp: very early (12 DPO) the time is going so slowwwwww

My GP said that the NHS don't do early scans unless you have recurrent mcs and I couldn't wait for one at 12 weeks so I booked a private one for 23rd of this month, can't wait now!!!

I am so happy :happydance: but so scared too :shhh:

Hello "newbies" ... the reason you've only just found this thread is because it used to be called "Older Mums - November" but we asked for it to be renamed after Gol crashed it and turned it into a generalised "Older Mums" buddy thread :rofl:

Lovely to hear that you are all feeling so much calmer "this time around" ... I don't have that luxury, never having gone through this before! I think I'm just calmer because I'm more mature and more able to take things in my stride (she says hopefully) :D

eta - And as I was writing that, yet another "new" "older Mum" has found the thread - this is DEFINITELY a good idea, a thread for the more mature ladies! Hi Magik

HI Magic, welcome to the thread :)

I had a m/c last year too, at 7 weeks and I was scared silly something would go wrong again! Where are you going for your early scan?

Hello "newbies" ... the reason you've only just found this thread is because it used to be called "Older Mums - November" but we asked for it to be renamed after Gol crashed it and turned it into a generalised "Older Mums" buddy thread :rofl:

Oi calling me a gatecrasher !!!! :rofl:

Hi,
I am going to Norbury as the one near me (Epsom) is booked up until the end of June but by then I should be about 12 weeks so no point really......

I can't believe it, I have 12 days to go............, I will have gone completely crazy by then :rofl:

I cannot concentrate at work at all :dohh:

LOL I never can concentrate on work these days, my brain is just filled with baby stuff!! It will fly by hun you'll see, meanwhile you can come and stress out with us whenever you need to :hugs:

Hiya magik!!! Welcome!

Cant believe I found this when I only have a matter of weeks left to go!!!!

xxx

Hi Kiki,
thanks, you are a lucky lady, you will soon hold your baby

xxx

Thank you all for the welcome, I will definately be coming here to try and destress..............it's nice to talk to "older mums"

Sorry Gol, you know I'm only teasing :rofl:

Concentrating on work? What's work? :D Although I've hated being out of work, I dunno how on earth I would have concentrated on a job since confirming this pregnancy. I've forgotten so many small things recently, a serious case of pregnancy-brain :D

Wow, So many posts and about another 4 new people since I posted a few hours ago, so hellllooooo all. I didnt realise this thread moves so fast I will have to pay attention!!
I also find concentrating hard I just want to think baby thoughts and I have to try to concentrate on finishing college work. I keep telling myself the course finishes in 7 weeks and if I focus then I can have all the baby thinking time I want, doesnt work though :dohh:

hey welcome everyone! wow its getting busy in here - great!
concentration??! whats that ??? :rofl:
the 23rd isnt long magik ... how exciting!! I've been counting down the days too (i had a private scan at 8 weeks with babybond - who is yours with? - and the 12 week nhs one is on thursday so I count that as 2 days to go!)
hahah lets all blame golcarlilly for crashing :rofl: and helping make it a nice big party!

:laugh2:Hi Ellie,
my is with babybond too, to be honest when the GP told me that the only way to have an early scan was to go private I chose babybond becasue I have seen it recommended on this forum :laugh2:

I wouldn't have know where to go :huh:

It's so nice to have a people I can talk to a apart from my hubby, I would love to tell everyone but I am too scared

x

I had a gender scan at Babybond in Barnsley - they were brilliant and the pics I got were fab!!

hey magik i know just how you feel ... i had to ban oh from telling anyone before we had the 8 week scan then he told the world, I'm still holding back on telling most people until after this week ... but for those ladies in 2nd and 3rd tri, is it true that the worry never really goes away ... ?

oh and another q (sorry!) my 12 week scan / booking appt is on thursday, will they ask for a decision on whether i want the blood test (cant remember is that the triple test?)

I haven't stopped worrying yet but think that is mainly cos of my m/c last year, I am one of life's worriers though!!

I didn't have any of the tests - well except the blood type and anaemia ones which I have repeated again tomorrow at my 28 week appt, we just decided that we wouldn't be able to have a termination if something was wrong anyway so there wasn't much point but it is a very personal choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->